Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

"An island in the Pacific"
Quote | Reply
Quote:
“I really am amazed that a judge sitting on an island in the Pacific can issue an order that stops the president of the United States from what appears to be clearly his statutory and constitutional power,” Mr. Sessions said this week in an interview on “The Mark Levin Show,” a conservative talk radio program.

Is there something about an island that renders less meaningful an order from a judge than, say Atlanta?

The Justice Dept. "clarification":

Quote:
“Hawaii is, in fact, an island in the Pacific — a beautiful one where the attorney general’s granddaughter was born. The point, however, is that there is a problem when a flawed opinion by a single judge can block the president’s lawful exercise of authority to keep the entire country safe.”

Yes, there is an island called Hawaii in the state of Hawaii (which, of course, consists of many islands), but the judge in question sits on the island of Oahu.

Sessions sounds like the judge was sitting in a thatch hut drinking out of a coconut.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: "An island in the Pacific" [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you not understand the point?

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply
Re: "An island in the Pacific" [CruseVegas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CruseVegas wrote:

Did you not understand the question?

What was the purpose of adding "sitting on an island in the Pacific"?

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
CruseVegas wrote:

A "Wtf does some islander judge know or understand about continental law?"?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It was pretty derogatory, but his point is that he doesn't think any court should stop this except maybe the Supreme Court. If it was a judge in San Fran he would have said it was a judge from some city on the west coast. he could have some up with some comment for just about any judge from anywhere except DC.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Non-sequitur: I had post-work beers with former colleagues last night in downtown San Diego. At some point around maybe 5:45 or 6, the place was crawling with maybe 15 secret service agents (dark suits, ear pieces with coiled wires running into their collars). Not long after that, a motorcade of three black SUVs and two Highway Patrol SUVs pulled up outside the restaurant. Out of a black SUV and into the restaurant stepped...

Jeff Sessions.

He sat maybe three booths from ours. I was very surprised by how loose security was. I walked past his booth unmolested twice, once each on my way to and then back from the restroom. The Secret Service guys were seated at tables around him and they were just eating their dinners too. He was obviously staying at the W right around the corner because its entrance was very taken up by black SUVs and more dudes in dark suits.

War is god
Quote Reply
Re: "An island in the Pacific" [Crank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Crank wrote:
Non-sequitur: I had post-work beers with former colleagues last night in downtown San Diego. At some point around maybe 5:45 or 6, the place was crawling with maybe 15 secret service agents (dark suits, ear pieces with coiled wires running into their collars). Not long after that, a motorcade of three black SUVs and two Highway Patrol SUVs pulled up outside the restaurant. Out of a black SUV and into the restaurant stepped...

Jeff Sessions.

He sat maybe three booths from ours. I was very surprised by how loose security was. I walked past his booth unmolested twice, once each on my way to and then back from the restroom. The Secret Service guys were seated at tables around him and they were just eating their dinners too. He was obviously staying at the W right around the corner because its entrance was very taken up by black SUVs and more dudes in dark suits.

So...it sounds to me like you wanted to be molested?

I don't know, I sometimes suck at these games.
Last edited by: Brownie28: Apr 21, 17 13:57
Quote Reply
Re: "An island in the Pacific" [Brownie28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Easy, Freud. ;-)

War is god
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
CruseVegas wrote:

What was wrong with it? Where is the judge, on an island in the Pacific. Is that different that saying a judge in California?

If you need something to be outraged by, I'm sure you can do better than this.

I wish I was on an island in the Pacific, but not that one, a bigger one.

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
Sessions sounds like the judge was sitting in a thatch hut drinking out of a coconut.

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe all the immigrants to the US should be sent to Hawaii.

Ad Muncher
Quote Reply
Re: "An island in the Pacific" [softrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I could live with that.

Jim
"In dog beers, I've only had one"
http://www.shakercolonial.com/
Creating custom made furnishing to your requirements
Quote Reply