Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Guess who's coming for dinner...
Quote | Reply
Trump hosts Kid Rock, Ted Nugent and Sarah Palin over for supper. Must of been some really intelligent conversation. You betcha. Imagine it evolved around guns, huntin' and snowmobilin'.

But...but...Obama. He had Steven Spielberg over dinner at the white house.

http://www.cnn.com/...ite-house/index.html
Quote Reply
Re: Guess who's coming for dinner... [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
music

sometimes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What's wrong with Kid Rock?

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kid Rock is an alright dude. Uncle Ted is fine as long as he takes his meds. Palin on the other hand...well she did have a reality show!
Quote Reply
Re: Guess who's coming for dinner... [axlsix3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would have liked to have seen all three of them dress a little more formally out of respect for the office and residence of the Presidency. Coat and tie for the men, leave the hats at home or at least remove them inside. Palin, I don't know what exactly I'd like to see, just not something that looks like she's meeting some of her girlfriends at Chili's for happy hour.

This post is one of many signals that I'm moving steadily down the road toward grumpy old man.
Quote Reply
Re: Guess who's coming for dinner... [wimsey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wimsey wrote:
I would have liked to have seen all three of them dress a little more formally out of respect for the office and residence of the Presidency. Coat and tie for the men, leave the hats at home or at least remove them inside. Palin, I don't know what exactly I'd like to see, just not something that looks like she's meeting some of her girlfriends at Chili's for happy hour.

This post is one of many signals that I'm moving steadily down the road toward grumpy old man.

I agree with your first paragraph. I disagree with your final sentence. Proper decorum should not be tied to age.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wimsey wrote:

This is about the only way Palin was ever getting in the White House.

I couldn't quite figure out how to describe it, but that is pretty damn good.

Walking around the White House mocking pictures is something you didn't even do in high school when you went to someone's house for a party.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wimsey wrote:

Get off my lawn!

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Guess who's coming for dinner... [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Walking around the White House mocking pictures is something you didn't even do in high school when you went to someone's house for a party.

That's pretty much all I did in high school.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would have liked to have seen all three of them dress a little more formally out of respect for the office and residence of the Presidency.

There's respect for the office of the Presidency?

Quote Reply
Re: Guess who's coming for dinner... [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
I would have liked to have seen all three of them dress a little more formally out of respect for the office and residence of the Presidency.

Even when Bill Clinton was getting blown in the Oval Office, the respect for the Office (stains and all) was still maintained.

Quote Reply
Re: Guess who's coming for dinner... [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

I know your comment is tongue in cheek, but yes, I think there still is respect for the office, though I think it's eroding and that fact makes me a little sad. A few years ago I was in DC for work and was eating lunch at a table next to a family all dressed in their Sunday best. We got to chatting and it turned out they were dressed up because they were going to go take a tour of the White House later and wanted to show some respect. This was in August, it was blazing hot and humid, nobody in their right mind would be wearing that if they wanted to be comfortable. I certainly don't think tourists need to get dressed up to tour the White House, but I found it endearing and encouraging that this family was doing so.
Quote Reply
Re: Guess who's coming for dinner... [AlanShearer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AlanShearer wrote:

We wanted to keep coming back to the houses the let us hang out.

I can still remember the one mom coming down screaming because someone had knocked something off the wall and broke it. I'm not sure what she expected when she let 20 or 30 high school kids get drunk in her house.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Guess who's coming for dinner... [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
AlanShearer wrote:

We wanted to keep coming back to the houses the let us hang out.

I can still remember the one mom coming down screaming because someone had knocked something off the wall and broke it. I'm not sure what she expected when she let 20 or 30 high school kids get drunk in her house.

Once had a conversation with a co-worked the Monday after a weekend party that my then high school-age daughter threw for her friends. I had just told him that my kid had a party that weekend. He asked, "Boys? DId something get broken?" I told him it was mostly girls, and he then asked, "DId someone go home crying?" Answer was yes.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by SS88 [ In reply to ]
Re: Guess who's coming for dinner... [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
So three people who are way more successful than you'll ever be are breaking bread with the president of the United States of America and you are making fun of them?

I'm sure they'll take note of your importance.

Success is not a measure of decency. By most measures, Hillary Clinton herself is wildly successful and most certainly way more successful than I'll ever be. She's still a twat. And so is Palin. They are free to act like uncultured morons in the White House just like we are free to mock them for it, right? I'm sure there are millions of supporters out there celebrating her offensiveness just like there are a half dozen of us on here bemoaning the loss of respect for the office/residence/whatever.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by SS88 [ In reply to ]
Re: Guess who's coming for dinner... [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hear ya. I'm not outraged, though. A little sad maybe. I thought she was a bimbo before and still think that. I'm annoyed that she'll use this notoriety to make more money. I feel the same way about Kanye and Paris Hilton. At least they don't pretend to have something meaningful to say about public policy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your sense of judgementalism is off the charts lately.

Re: Guess who's coming for dinner... [SailorSam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you get worked up when Beyoncé and JayZ visited?

Re: Guess who's coming for dinner... [last tri in 83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
last tri in 83 wrote:
Did you get worked up when Beyoncé and JayZ visited?

No, because they dressed the part and didn't take idiotic pictures showing themselves to be tabloid entertainers like these clowns. In other words, they showed respect - which is the point of this discussion.
Quote Reply
Re: Guess who's coming for dinner... [SailorSam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I see...

Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
Trump hosts Kid Rock, Ted Nugent and Sarah Palin over for supper. Must of been some really intelligent conversation. You betcha. Imagine it evolved around guns, huntin' and snowmobilin'.

When did Ted Nugent get out of jail?
Quote Reply
Re: Guess who's coming for dinner... [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WelshinPhilly wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:
Trump hosts Kid Rock, Ted Nugent and Sarah Palin over for supper.
Must of been some really intelligent conversation. You betcha. Imagine it evolved around guns, huntin' and snowmobilin'.

When did Ted Nugent get out of jail?

Reminds me of the exchange at the end of Ocean's 11:

"I hope you were the groom."

"Ted Nugent called - he wants his shirt back."

Last edited by: wimsey: Apr 21, 17 10:48
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:

I feel that if you had Dan and Halvard over for vegetarian whatever it is vegetarians eat, the conversation would be equally as intelligent.
Quote Reply

Prev Next