Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

I f-ing hate this day!
Quote | Reply
Bloodsucker$
Quote Reply
Re: I f-ing hate this day! [EndlessH2O] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nope, you have to wait until April 24th, then you hit tax freedom day! Keep working!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I get some of my money back. Yeah!
Last edited by: oldandslow: Apr 18, 17 15:16
Quote Reply
Re: I f-ing hate this day! [summitt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
summitt wrote:
Nope, you have to wait until April 24th, then you hit tax freedom day! Keep working!

BA$TARD$!

Isn't it sometime in June?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There's an interesting story here: Circa 1940, only 5% of U.S. citizens paid their income taxes. Come December 7, 1941, the federal government needed a lot more money to build things like bombers, so they needed a lot more citizens to pay their income taxes. Irving Berlin wrote this song as part of the war effort.

War is god
Last edited by: Crank: Apr 18, 17 15:50
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My bookkeeper called and said that I will be getting money back this year. She asked if she could file an extension so that she could recover a few days. I agreed as I'd rather her not be tired and rushed when she finishes my personal taxes.

She said that I'm currently gettin $600 back and that doesn't even factor in $40k in deductions for job related expenses.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bloodsucker$

I think that is an understatement.

I think I would have been better off financially living off the state for the last 25 years then attempting to run a business and employing people.

~Matt

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
EndlessH2O wrote:
summitt wrote:

BA$TARD$!

Isn't it sometime in June?

Yeah I know it's at least June 30th if you live in CA and you are in the top bracket. Figure 50% on income, then you add property taxes, gas tax, and "fees" that are not taxes and maybe by July 4th you can start making money for yourself. God that's a sad thought as I sit here "working".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Yeah I know it's at least June 30th if you live in CA and you are in the top bracket.

I know, I would just slit my wrists if someone forced me to earn that much money such that I was in that tax bracket. BTW, find that person, and I will volunteer to be his/her financial planner.
Quote Reply
Re: I f-ing hate this day! [oldandslow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oldandslow wrote:
Quote:

Yeah I know it's at least June 30th if you live in CA and you are in the top bracket.

I know, I would just slit my wrists if someone forced me to earn that much money such that I was in that tax bracket. BTW, find that person, and I will volunteer to be his/her financial planner.

Sorry, I'm already an investment advisor and have a few California clients. Can you say municipal bonds and very tax efficient strategies. Most of my CA clients fall in the AMT but the two who work are top bracket. Ouch. Combine that with bungalows that cost $1.5 million and I'll choose to live someplace else.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
summitt wrote:
oldandslow wrote:
Quote:

Sorry, I'm already an investment advisor and have a few California clients. Can you say municipal bonds and very tax efficient strategies. Most of my CA clients fall in the AMT but the two who work are top bracket. Ouch. Combine that with bungalows that cost $1.5 million and I'll choose to live someplace else.

Ding! We have a winner! I, on the other hand, moved back to Nevada, where my state tax is Oops-NONE! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for visiting Fabulous Las Vegas and paying my taxes for me ;-)

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
oldandslow wrote:
I think the most important tax code change Republicans could make would be to assure everyone had to pay all their taxes on one day, and that there were no taxes taken out of paychecks at the time of payment.
Quote Reply
Re: I f-ing hate this day! [SH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SH wrote:
oldandslow wrote:

I think the most important tax code change Republicans could make would be to assure everyone had to pay all their taxes on one day, and that there were no taxes taken out of paychecks at the time of payment.

Become an Uber driver or a consultant and have all your income as 1099 instead of w-2. Don't bother with estimated payments and come April you can pay 100% of your liability.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
summitt wrote:
SH wrote:
oldandslow wrote:

Become an Uber driver or a consultant and have all your income as 1099 instead of w-2. Don't bother with estimated payments and come April you can pay 100% of your liability.

I appreciate the advice, but I think you missed the point of my post.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
oldandslow wrote:

In other words, you provided an interest free loan.

I've always thought one tax planning goal was to owe the maximum amount that would not trigger an underpayment penalty.
Quote Reply
Re: I f-ing hate this day! [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SallyShortyPnts wrote:
summitt wrote:
oldandslow wrote:
Quote:

Ding! We have a winner! I, on the other hand, moved back to Nevada, where my state tax is Oops-NONE! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for visiting Fabulous Las Vegas and paying my taxes for me ;-)

The problem with that is that you have to live in Nevada.

And sorry, I don't visit Vegas because, well, Nevada (and Vegas).
Quote Reply
Re: I f-ing hate this day! [AlanShearer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[/url][/img]

Suit yourself; I guess we'll have to get by on 999,999 visitors this week. This guy will look elsewhere for carrots inside Bento boxes.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply