Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Garmin FR935 release [BayDad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BayDad wrote:
JayPeeWhy wrote:
Who buys a dress watch..?.?

I do. I have a beautiful U-Boat which is my daily wear. I'm not particularly interested in a smart watch as a daily wear. Am very happy with my 920 so will stick with that for a while now.

VVV pink!

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/...twats-20161024115895

https://www.pbandjcoaching.com
https://www.thisbigroadtrip.com
Last edited by: JayPeeWhy: Mar 26, 17 8:39
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin FR935 release [JayPeeWhy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
>>Sales manager

HAHA! It's a stereotype for a reason though. At every sales meeting where I work first thing they do is roll up their sleeves and compare wristwatches. Tacky materialistic possessions are poor people's ideas of how rich people live.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin FR935 release [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dilbert wrote:
>>Sales manager

HAHA! It's a stereotype for a reason though. At every sales meeting where I work first thing they do is roll up their sleeves and compare wristwatches. Tacky materialistic possessions are poor people's ideas of how rich people live.

I've heard it said that if you really want to live like a rich person, go spend money on a high end mattress. It's not exactly conspicuous consumption though, but will make you feel like you're rich.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin FR935 release [timbasile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like its out today - you can order it on Amazon.com

https://www.amazon.com/...words=forerunner+935
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin FR935 release [esuuv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't believe you, Amazon or anyone else; those are just pictures and words on the Internet. I refuse to believe it exists until I can hold a device in my hands and even then I might still be a little bit skeptical; I might need a representative from Garmin on-hand to verify it.

[/PhilipShambrook]
Last edited by: awenborn: Mar 29, 17 3:08
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin FR935 release [awenborn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And from Garmin too - https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/564291

Hopefully they'll being back the square shape next time.

Trust me I’m a doctor!
Well, I have a PhD :-)
Last edited by: PhilipShambrook: Mar 29, 17 3:54
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin FR935 release [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin FR935 release [esuuv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well spotted!
YouTube little intro

Quote Reply
Re: Garmin FR935 release [PhilipShambrook] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now THIS is interesting:

Garmin wrote:
From Plan to Performance with TrainingPeaks
There is nothing more satisfying than a workout performed to perfection. With the TrainingPeaks Connect IQ app, you can open your daily workout right on the Forerunner 935. Then, let the device guide you through your workout in real time, complete with intensity targets and interval durations straight from TrainingPeaks. After your session, automatically sync your completed workout back into TrainingPeaks for detailed analysis of your performance and to measure your progress toward your goals.

It sounds like they've linked up the new "TP Workout Builder" behind the scenes to sync with the FR935, rather than all that faffing with exporting files and copying them over as there was previously. That's definitely a step in the right direction! I really hope that feature comes across to the fenix 3, although from some of Ray's recent comments lead me to believe the fenix 3 is dead in the water now as far as new features go.

Edited to add: on second thought, considering it would be via a TrainingPeaks CIQ app then I guess there's more chance of that functionality making it over to the F3, so long as the F3's hardware can support it and TrainingPeaks make the app compatible with it. No sign of it on the CIQ store yet, but it'll be interesting to see how that pans out.

Also the new running dynamics pod is interesting, allowing running dynamics without the chest strap; kind of predictable given the widespread implementation of oHR in all the new units.
Last edited by: awenborn: Mar 29, 17 4:00
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin FR935 release [AnssiT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure I want to scroll to see things like average run pace- I wonder if that is a data field u can set on the run homepage. I assume u could. I like having 4 fields
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin FR935 release [PhilipShambrook] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It doesn't look like you can buy it from Garmin yet.

"e-mail me when this product is available"

blog
Quote Reply
dcrainmaker review [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like dcrainmaker has a review up already.

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/...35-depth-review.html
Quote Reply
Re: dcrainmaker review [ericallenboyd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericallenboyd wrote:
Looks like dcrainmaker has a review up already.

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/...35-depth-review.html

If you're a TL;DR type: it's a Fenix 5 in a more sporty shell. And it *will* have a quick release (though not available yet), unlike the Fenix 5.
Quote Reply
Re: dcrainmaker review [proftri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And WiFi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In the market and unsure if I want to the 935 or the Fenix5. Currently have a 920. #triathleteproblems
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"But I suspect there will (probably rightly), be some disappointed people with one area: The size/form factor. Specifically that for triathletes, many have actually enjoyed the larger/rectangular display seen on the FR920XT and the umpteen generations before it"

from DC review

I'm one of the guys that are disappointed. the rectangular display is one of the things that differs the 9** family from the other watches. i can't understand why the new one is circle..this is only a plastic fenix 5 even in DC opinion.
Quote Reply
Re: dcrainmaker review [Fab4mas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I never liked the square design so I'm good with the direction Garmin is heading.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: dcrainmaker review [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
I never liked the square design so I'm good with the direction Garmin is heading.

i obviosly respect your opinion but with the 90% of garmin watches with round design maybe just one with a square design is not so bad.

In my opinion it could be a way to have something that is not a 'cheaper fenix 5'
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin FR935 release [coates_hbk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can. 1-4 fields per page with multiple pages. Very customizable.

--Chris
Quote Reply
Re: dcrainmaker review [Fab4mas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fab4mas wrote:

i obviosly respect your opinion but with the 90% of garmin watches with round design maybe just one with a square design is not so bad.

Maybe. Or maybe they've realized that they haven't sold any 920xt watches since the 735 came out last year. (Think about how inexpensively you could get the 920xt last Christmas.) I suspect the market is telling them that we like round watches with HR in them. . .
Last edited by: proftri: Mar 29, 17 6:58
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin FR935 release [chriselam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chriselam wrote:

yes but exactly as it happens with the fenix the 4-fields combination is not very 'readable' (sorry it s a brutal translation of an italian word :) ).

with a rectangular one every field has a greater font size.
Quote Reply
Re: dcrainmaker review [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:

As far as visually seeing 3 fields, doesn't the square display allow for bigger size even though the area of the display might be equal to the new circle one? I really like that for my 910xt as I have the activity time in the bigger top while, the 2 smallers ones are for less used split and mileage.
Quote Reply
Re: dcrainmaker review [proftri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
proftri wrote:
Fab4mas wrote:

Maybe. Or maybe they've realized that they haven't sold any 920xt watches since the 735 came out last year. (Think about how inexpensively you could get the 920xt last Christmas.) I suspect the market is telling them that we like round watches with HR in them. . .

I don't think Garmin took a look at the 735 sales figures, had an epiphany and ran to the manufacturing and production department and yelled "scrap everything, make the 935 ROUND!!"

This was probably in the design process for a couple of years and the decision was made then.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin FR935 release [Fab4mas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fab4mas wrote:
chriselam wrote:

yes but exactly as it happens with the fenix the 4-fields combination is not very 'readable' (sorry it s a brutal translation of an italian word :) ).

with a rectangular one every field has a greater font size.

Totally agree, with having a larger font size. I have eye issues so the larger the font the better. To have everything stacked on a round display makes it harder to discern data.
Quote Reply
Re: dcrainmaker review [walie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
walie wrote:
I don't think Garmin took a look at the 735 sales figures, had an epiphany and ran to the manufacturing and production department and yelled "scrap everything, make the 935 ROUND!!"

This was probably in the design process for a couple of years and the decision was made then.

Product design cycles are planned out years in advance. The 735 was just the stepping stone.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply

Prev Next