Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl,
As always, I appreciate your help!

Can I use an Enve front wheel, width measures 26.6mm wide, in my SC 2nd generation 9.x, size XS (650c wheels)?

I like to set my brakes wide, so they are already open close to max. Would I need a shorter spring? Is one available?

Thank you!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Ironma'am] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cheers, and sorry for the delayed response.

at max width the gen2 SC front brake can achieve ~36mm pad-to-pad (and the rear almost 40mm) with Bontrager carbon-specific pads. granted those are not as thick as standard pads or something like the SwissStop Black Prince, but even if I allow 2mm more per pad (which I think is generous) that gets you to 32mm and 36mm respectively.

have you backed out the width&centering setscrews all the way? see the last half of this post.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No worries, fast response and good information, as always!
I appreciate your help!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks so much Carl, this is exactly what I have been trying to hunt down!

Practise doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Could anyone comment if the HED Jet Plus disc fits the current speed concept frame please?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [cbscratcher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cbscratcher wrote:
Could anyone comment if the HED Jet Plus disc fits the current speed concept frame please?

Yep, I've got one in mine and have no issues. I'm running a "24c" Conti GP Force and it measures close to 27mm on that rim.

I don't have the duotrap sensor though, and I doubt that would fit with the disc.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
would you be able to post a pic with the pads?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [PMo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PMo wrote:
cbscratcher wrote:

Yep, I've got one in mine and have no issues. I'm running a "24c" Conti GP Force and it measures close to 27mm on that rim.

I don't have the duotrap sensor though, and I doubt that would fit with the disc.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Carl where can I some more of these tabs? Thanks
Last edited by: AdamL2424: Mar 28, 17 10:19
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [AdamL2424] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi AdamL...got pictures?

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not letting me post from my phone. Let me try from the laptop
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
See if this works.
Last edited by: AdamL2424: Mar 28, 17 10:29
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [AdamL2424] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
from your Trek dealer, part # W308963

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Carl!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone know where I can get both a low long stem for a gen 1? Also looking for the bracket that holds the aerobars on to the integrated basebar. Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [cabdoctor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
first one is easy...PN 420563 from your Trek dealer.

not entirely clear on what you're after with the "bracket"...

here's the arm pad holder w/bolts, PN 420492

here's the extension clamp & bolt kit, PN 423509:

and finally, here's the spacer stack kit and associated bolt kit (need 1ea per side), PNs 420552 and 420693 respectively:

hope this helps!

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Perfect! Thank you
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl,

Is there anyplace I can find the manual for assembling the Gen 1 SC? I was having trouble finding it on the Trek website.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [cabdoctor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just about a page ago :-)

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=6256846#p6256846

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello,

I just got a new 2017 Speed Concept 7.5. I'm wondering what optional cockpit parts are availlable... The pads are at their widest position right now, but I could use a slightly wider setup until I get a bit used to the new position (Coming from a Domane!).

Are there any optional parts availlable to widen the spacing between the pads, or should I just quit whining and get used to this new position??

Thank you!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [madmax231] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Welcome aboard, madmax!

nothing available from us to get the pads wider. going back to the non-integrated cockpit (like on a 7.0) you might find something in an aftermarket system that lets you go wider.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Carl,

While not unique to the Speed Concept, I am having an issue with the DuoTrap on my Gen1 SC. I have the BT version of the DuoTrap FWIW.

I recently laced a Powertap into a carbon clincher and I have been having issues with the speed sensor part of the DuoTrap ever since; this might be coincidence, or not, I don't know. Either way, the DuoTrap does not appear to be transmitting any speed readings (I do get cadence though).

After my first exploration into this, I discovered my Bontrager wheel magnet appears to be missing a piece. Well, I have since tried 2 others (one used from LBS and one brand new from Trek) and still nothing. I also tried replacing the battery just to rule that out.

I've tried testing this in 2 versions of TrainerRoad as well as a Wahoo Utility app all with no speed readings from the DuoTrap. These are the only ways I could think of where I could see each sensor's readings independently; I did also try on my Garmin, which shows speed, but I think that is coming from the Powertap.

Any ideas other than trying a whole new DuoTrap?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [ibick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Utterly and completely clueless. However, I do sit near the Electronics team at the moment, so I'll see what they think and get back to you.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [ibick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here are a couple ideas from the E-guys:

• Remove Duotrap from bike, remove battery and put it (the same battery) back in...now, without putting it back in the bike, wave a magnet within a couple mm of the cadence sensor and look for the green LED to flash. Then wave magnet past the speed sensor (the arm inside the chainstay) and look for the red LED to flash. Note that both LEDs only flash for about 10sec, and even though they're working they won't flash again until they reset after about 20min of inactivity. If you got flashes from both, it's a magnet strength and/or proximity issue. Try mounting the magnet closer or getting a stronger one. The latter is probably the most common fix.

• If you only got flashes for one or didn't get any flashes and you know it's a new battery, it's a reed switch fault...pretty rare...and that's cause for replacement of the unit.

• The Powertap may be masking a priority or a pairing issue and your Duotrap might not actually be connected. The Powertap reports (inferred) cadence and speed in addition to power. Different computers/apps may choose to prioritize different sensors when they are in the presence of multiple sensors sending the same info. Many apps that connect to sensors look for GPS Speed above all others. For example: the app is set to GPS speed and gets cadence from the Powertap...but if you're inside on a trainer or location services is turned off on your phone it'll look like there's no speed because you're stationary or there's no GPS connection. Try digging into the Wahoo app to see if you can change the sensor priority.

Let me know how it goes. Cheers!

Carl Matson
Quote Reply

Prev Next