Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Since it's Rob Lowes bday... trivia
Quote | Reply
Yes, March 17.

Not counting swayze who was much older than the others, which one of the actors in the outsiders was the oldest?

ralph macchio
leif garrett
emilio estevez
tom cruise
matt dillon
rob lowe
diane lane
c thomas howell

A. they are listed in order here from oldest (55, RM) to youngest (50, CTH)

I never would have guess RM was oldest
Quote Reply
Re: Since it's Rob Lowes bday... trivia [TeamBarenaked] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I recall hearing how old Ralph Macchio was a couple of years ago. It honestly surprised the hell out of me.

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm curious how, or maybe more importantly why, you know that...
Quote Reply
Re: Since it's Rob Lowes bday... trivia [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

I was thinking the same thing. I was hoping this would turn out to be a sex video thread. At least that is what I remember him for. He was a pioneer.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Since it's Rob Lowes bday... trivia [burnman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In hindsight I'm guessing it was bullshit, but I'm sure it was back in the late 80's when I seem to recall a story going around that RM actually had some sort of disorder that made him look much younger than he was, and that he hated having whatever 'condition' it was.

If true, I'm now guessing he doesn't mind it!

But yes the things we hear. I mean people used to try and say Elton John was gay.
Quote Reply
Re: Since it's Rob Lowes bday... trivia [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
Sanuk wrote:

I was thinking the same thing. I was hoping this would turn out to be a sex video thread. At least that is what I remember him for. He was a pioneer.

His celebrity sex video was one of the first I remember going viral and making it big. Before it was a "thing". And it was such horrid quality and didn't really show anything. Very tame by today's standards.

Outsiders was a great film. Man they had a packed cast with a lot of them before they became stars.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Interesting. I was gonna put Macchio first, mostly because he's so associated with Karate Kid and thus people believe him to be younger than he actually is (he was 23 when that movie was made), plus he's aged incredibly well.

The Outsiders was one of the sneaky-best casts ever, certainly for a small-budget, fairly unknown (or lesser-known) movie. My other favorite 'great cast, lesser-known' movie is True Romance. Christian Slater, Patricia Arquette (at her absolute PEAK...god I loved her in that movie), Dennis Hopper, Val Kilmer (the voice of Elvis!), Gary Oldman (most out-there character he's ever played), Brad Pitt (stoner on the couch), Christopher Walken, Bronson Pinchot (Balky!), Samuel L Jackson (two-second cameo), Michael Rapaport, James Gandolfini, another half-a-dozen bit characters that people would recognize. Friggin incredible cast...and not a bad movie, either.
Last edited by: Brownie28: Mar 17, 17 9:27
Quote Reply
Re: Since it's Rob Lowes bday... trivia [Endo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Endo wrote:
TheForge wrote:
Sanuk wrote:

His celebrity sex video was one of the first I remember going viral and making it big. Before it was a "thing". And it was such horrid quality and didn't really show anything. Very tame by today's standards.

Outsiders was a great film. Man they had a packed cast with a lot of them before they became stars.

And it ruined his career in the short term, vs being a career starter now. Funny how society changes in a generation. What do you bet we have presidential candidates with drunk photos from college or nudes in 20 years?

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Since it's Rob Lowes bday... trivia [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why wait 20 years...

Last edited by: Sanuk: Mar 17, 17 10:05
Quote Reply
Re: Since it's Rob Lowes bday... trivia [Brownie28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Another one with a great cast before they were famous is Fast Times at Ridgemont High - three future Oscar winners in Sean Penn, Nic Cage and Forrest Whitaker, plus Phoebe Cates (at her absolute peak), Jennifer Jason Leigh, Judge Reinhold, Eric Stoltz and Anthony Edwards (plus sneak-in cameo from Herschel Walker as Whitaker's double in the football game scenes).

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Re: Since it's Rob Lowes bday... trivia [Brian in MA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brian in MA wrote:
Another one with a great cast before they were famous is Fast Times at Ridgemont High - three future Oscar winners in Sean Penn, Nic Cage and Forrest Whitaker, plus Phoebe Cates (at her absolute peak), Jennifer Jason Leigh, Judge Reinhold, Eric Stoltz and Anthony Edwards (plus sneak-in cameo from Herschel Walker as Whitaker's double in the football game scenes).

I think you mean Nicholas Coppola

Don't forget Vincent Schiavelli as the science teacher, who had already been in One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest, and was on his way to Buckaroo Banzai, Better Off Dead and Ghost

[he was also the reverend who married Latka & Simka on Taxi]

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I surf with Rob fairly often. We aren't "friends" but rather just familiar faces in the lineup and we get our customs from the same shaper.

He's always very friendly and respectful.

Been trying to get him to train with us but I think he's worried about his good looks.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Since it's Rob Lowes bday... trivia [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought Christopher Lloyd performed the wedding since that was how the "Reverend Jim" character was introduced to the show. ("I found him on the street, he said he was a reverend"). I also remember him finishing the ceremony by saying "I bet you all thought I'd screw that up!!". Great show.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brian in MA wrote:
Another one with a great cast before they were famous is ....

Dazed and Confused - lotsa future-famous in here too

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
D&C also has a kickass soundtrack
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brian in MA wrote:
I thought Christopher Lloyd performed the wedding since that was how the "Reverend Jim" character was introduced to the show. ("I found him on the street, he said he was a reverend"). I also remember him finishing the ceremony by saying "I bet you all thought I'd screw that up!!". Great show.

You might be right

I remember Vincent Schiavelli, as someone from Latka & Simka's country and explaining some sort of tradition or ceremony ... I thought it was the wedding, but now I'm not so sure

Either way, they were both Lectroids in Buckaroo Banzai - John Bigboote [Lloyd] and John O'Connor [Schiavelli]

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Apparently Rob Lowe took a side gig as the new Lakers GM

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dazed and Confused is the reason that I cannot take either Ben Affleck or Matthew McConaughey seriously in any role that they play. They are permanently typecast in my brain.

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Re: Since it's Rob Lowes bday... trivia [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What about this guy?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MMMMMM- Diane Lane (here in her Outsider's form, but great in all her forms)

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Since it's Rob Lowes bday... trivia [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri-Banter wrote:
MMMMMM- Diane Lane (here in her Outsider's form, but great in all her forms)

One of the hottest actresses of all time.
Quote Reply