Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
White House apologizes to the U.K. for Trump.
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: White House apologizes to the U.K. for Trump. [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This dumpster fire of an administration is going to be a giant stain on our history for quite some time

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Re: White House apologizes to the U.K. for Trump. [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd like to think the Trump Administration will one day learn that words have consequences.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At least there was an apology to Britain. Can't say the same about the last asshole who pissed on that relationship.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Of all the things he has done you are upset about THAT!

Where was your outrage when Hilary sent the Queen of England a birthday greeting a week before her birthday in 2010?

You are a HYPOCRITE !!!!!!!

:)
Quote Reply
Re: White House apologizes to the U.K. for Trump. [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Didn't Obama send an iPod with Barak Obama speeches?

http://hotair.com/...des-obamas-speeches/

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: White House apologizes to the U.K. for Trump. [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
Didn't Obama send an iPod with Barak Obama speeches?http://hotair.com/...des-obamas-speeches/[/quote[/url]]

this is one of those subjects that you will just need to let folks have fun with IMO. It goes like this. GWB destroyed our standing around the world and had us on the brink of WW3. Obama came in and saved our standing around the world in minutes (see Nobel Prize). Trump came in and destroyed all Obama's hard work (prior to even getting into office).

We are an embarrassment and a dumpster fire and a shit show. Except to those like Sanuk who's position is the US and Canada are largely irrelevant outside ourselves (unless Trump is doing something "wrong" in which case see above).

Blah blah blah etc etc etc.

Fleck will lead the charge on our standing in the international community, how much it is being damaged and how we don't realize that the world is more global now and this stuff really matters more than it use to. Oh, and how international incidents have been started with softer words than (insert topic here) before.

It's more fun to sit back on this one and watch the topic change while the positions stay the same. Speaking from a historically observing viewpoint.
Quote Reply
Re: White House apologizes to the U.K. for Trump. [ironmayb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Except to those like Sanuk who's position is the US and Canada are largely irrelevant outside ourselves (unless Trump is doing something "wrong" in which case see above).

The only problem is that that isn't my position at all.

When I said in another thread that the U.S and Canada are largely irrelevant to the outside world, I was of course referring to the average person. The overwhelming majority of people on the street in Thailand or the Philippines or Indonesia or Korea don't follow the politics in the U.S or Canada. If I had a survey right now in Thailand and asked 100 people on the street to name the VP of the U.S., my bet you would get 0, maybe 1 if you're lucky. You can believe it or not but most people, in their daily lives, care more about school for their kids, having enough to eat or working and they don't follow U.S or Canadian politics at all. In that sense, what goes on here is largely irrelevant. And, they don't care to know.

In fact, if I asked 100 people in Chicago, who the Prime Minister of Canada is, how many would know? How many would know the Deputy Prime Minister (I bet no more than 10/100 would know in Canada). How many of those people would know who the VP of the U.S is right now?

I think many people overestimate the importance of their own country but the fact is, most people don't give anything outside of their own community a lot of thought.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Didn't Obama send an iPod with Barak Obama speeches?

Yes, but you have to get with the program. You don't compare Trump with Obama because both were Presidents.

With something really outrageous happens, you compare him to Hilary since you know, she ran for President.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fuck those Red Coats!

Revolution!!!!!

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
At least there was an apology to Britain. Can't say the same about the last asshole who pissed on that relationship.

BUT, BUT, BUT...

Love it.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
Except to those like Sanuk who's position is the US and Canada are largely irrelevant outside ourselves (unless Trump is doing something "wrong" in which case see above).

The only problem is that that isn't my position at all.

When I said in another thread that the U.S and Canada are largely irrelevant to the outside world, I was of course referring to the average person. The overwhelming majority of people on the street in Thailand or the Philippines or Indonesia or Korea don't follow the politics in the U.S or Canada. If I had a survey right now in Thailand and asked 100 people on the street to name the VP of the U.S., my bet you would get 0, maybe 1 if you're lucky. You can believe it or not but most people, in their daily lives, care more about school for their kids, having enough to eat or working and they don't follow U.S or Canadian politics at all. In that sense, what goes on here is largely irrelevant. And, they don't care to know.

In fact, if I asked 100 people in Chicago, who the Prime Minister of Canada is, how many would know? How many would know the Deputy Prime Minister (I bet no more than 10/100 would know in Canada). How many of those people would know who the VP of the U.S is right now?

I think many people overestimate the importance of their own country but the fact is, most people don't give anything outside of their own community a lot of thought.

Of course that's what you were referring to in the other thread. The one where I was directly making the point the that US as a nation is far more relevant to the international community than Canada. So much more relevant and important in fact that I rarely if ever see my politically astute friends from north of the border in this forum discuss Canadian politics but seem preoccupied at an almost obsessive level with US politics. Thanks for clarifying it for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What did the last admin do to piss on the relationship? Honestly curious
Quote Reply
Re: White House apologizes to the U.K. for Trump. [TomkR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well the last president wrote nearly a whole novel on the evils of the British empire and the negative influence it had on western culture. He made no bones that he hated the British for what they did to the middle east and his father's homeland. Nevermind that it was the very british and derivatives of it that paid for his father to come to America to get educated and spread his seed (literally).

1. He removed the bust of Churchill.
2. Reacted in a manner many viewed as an overreaction to BP after the spill.
3. Lectured and threatened the British on their Brexit vote.
4. Declared FRANCE our closest ally, not Britain who has always been there for us, even when wrong (Iraq).
5. Denounced Britain in his Inauguration Speech. One he later put on an iPod to the queen.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/...loathes-British.html

https://www.theguardian.com/...president-in-history

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/...ionship-Britain.html

Quote Reply
Re: White House apologizes to the U.K. for Trump. [ironmayb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So much more relevant and important in fact that I rarely if ever see my politically astute friends from north of the border in this forum discuss Canadian politics but seem preoccupied at an almost obsessive level with US politics. Thanks for clarifying it for me.

We're not so much obsessed with your politics as much as dumbfounded by who you elected to be President. I mean, come on, you must admit it's pretty funny.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
Well the last president wrote nearly a whole novel on the evils of the British empire and the negative influence it had on western culture. He made no bones that he hated the British for what they did to the middle east and his father's homeland. Nevermind that it was the very british and derivatives of it that paid for his father to come to America to get educated and spread his seed (literally).

4. Declared FRANCE our closest ally, not Britain who has always been there for us, even when wrong (Iraq).
5. Denounced Britain in his Inauguration Speech. One he later put on an iPod to the queen.

Critical writing/speech vs Criminal Accusation/Collusion...

Hmmm...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
funny is sure one term for it.......
Quote Reply
Re: White House apologizes to the U.K. for Trump. [FishyJoe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh I'm sure I could accuse obama of a bunch of criminal conduct and much of it believable. But that doesn't make it so.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:

This probably deserves it's own thread, but it's interesting that Britain (and the British) don't show more animosity towards the US and Americans.

- American Revolution and the War of 1812
- Relative positions on slavery during the 1st-half of the 19th century
- US being late to WW I and WW II
- US attitudes towards Britain trying to maintain the British Empire during the 20th century
- Post Manhattan Project handling of nuclear weapons technology
- US criticism of Britain regarding Suez in 1956
- Donald Trump

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Interesting, thanks. I have to say some of it is blown out of proportion, but there does seem to be an undercurrent of distancing himself.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
Oh I'm sure I could accuse obama of a bunch of criminal conduct and much of it believable. But that doesn't make it so.

If you can show me where Obama accused the standing UK government of a crime, maybe you'd have a point.

I'm sure if Obama didn't kiss a baby, you'd probably compare that to some horrible crime as well. Or even if he did kiss a baby...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:

"The bust in question, by British sculptor Jacob Epstein, was given to President George W Bush by the British government in 2001 and was placed in the Oval Office. But the statue was not donated, it was simply on loan for Bush’s term in office (a loan which the British government decided to extend when Bush was re-elected in 2004). Churchill disappeared from the White House in 2009, when the loan ended at the same time that Obama moved in."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PIcture of Obama dissing the UK and attacking a small child:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm sure if Obama didn't kiss a baby, you'd probably compare that to some horrible crime as well. Or even if he did kiss a baby...

It's way worse than that.

Quote Reply
Re: White House apologizes to the U.K. for Trump. [oldandslow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is what happens when you send a white belt to do a black belt's job ...
Quote Reply

Prev Next