Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Amelia Island?
Quote | Reply
Heading to Amelia Island outside Jacksonville next weekend for some beach time with the family. Any place to rent a decent road bike? Is it warm enough this time of year to warrant bringing the wetsuit for a swim? Any must do things to do? Thanks in advance for any advice.
Quote Reply
Re: Amelia Island? [jsmith] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would definitely bring a wetsuit if you are going to swim in the ocean. I am not sure on the rental but you might be able to find something in Jacksonville.
Quote Reply
Re: Amelia Island? [ericallenboyd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just got back from there last week and totally agree. Water was real cold. Also, the week I was there the surf was way too rough to swim, would have been suicidal. My daughter and I just splashed around in the breaking waves and got pretty cold just doing that. Still, a great family place to go if you are looking for some early spring sun. Real nice beach, weather was sunny and in the 60-70s, a lot of nice places to run (all flat), nice YMCA with an outdoor pool and lots of bike lanes. I did not do any real riding but we rented beach cruisers at a new shop called SuperCorsa Bikes that has nice Bianchi road bikes to rent daily or weekly. Plan to do that when we go down again next year.
Quote Reply
Re: Amelia Island? [jsmith] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for sharing your experience. We are looking for a good, but new for us place for surfing.
Quote Reply