Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Garmin FR935 release
Quote | Reply
Is the FR935xt going to get released or at least announced soon? I see that Garmin has slashed the FR920 prices 41%. And this guy claims to have real pictures. It doesn't seem all that different than the Fenix but I am still interested.
Last edited by: sachems_88: Mar 16, 17 14:29
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin FR935 release [sachems_88] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd expect a replacement for the 920XT to be released sometime this year as we're into the 3rd year of the product lifecycle. As to what form it i'll take, that's anyone's guess. Probably, lighter, thinner and possibly extended battery life with some other 'bonus' features thrown in. Optical HR is a possibility but given that it's not a happening thing with anything other than light activity maybe they'll hold off with that on a triathlon focussed device.

Trust me I’m a doctor!
Well, I have a PhD :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin FR935 release [PhilipShambrook] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I fixed the hyperlink. I'm hoping we are days or weeks away and it's not something that comes out next fall.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That website posted the pictures of the Fenix 5 well before release, so I'd be inclined to think the pictures are real.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sachems_88 wrote:
Is the FR935xt going to get released or at least announced soon? I see that Garmin has slashed the FR920 prices 41%. And this guy claims to have real pictures. It doesn't seem all that different than the Fenix but I am still interested.

Going to go out on limb and say 100% that is the next device.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I seen the 935 last weekend. Release is a couple weeks. Look like the 735 with a round face. Something about that round face I don't like.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin FR935 release [danstu4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The 735 has a round face too though. It does look very similar to the 735. Button placement is different but that's about it, at least based on those pictures. I like the bright yellow.

--Chris
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not sure whether or not it's because I've become accustomed to the non-round faces since the 305, 310, 910 and now 920 (and an Apple watch), but I prefer the rectangular design. Seems to be a lot less wasted screen real estate.

And for once I'm not in any rush to update. I really can't think of anything a new model would offer that I need. The 920XT more than meets my needs currently. And this from someone usually very quick to update to the latest and greatest. Just ask my long-suffering wife :-)

Trust me I’m a doctor!
Last edited by: PhilipShambrook: Mar 16, 17 17:28
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
End of the month or early April I'm told. Saw the watch a few weeks ago. Garmin usually releases things on a Wednesday if I remember correctly. Unless it's at a show like CES.

So I would say March 29th or April 5th.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe, but something here does not add up for me. Some think that the Fenix series *is* the replacement for the 920 series - i.e. no direct successor to the 920XT. So, right now, what does the 920XT offer that the Fenix3 does not have? Square face - yes, but the image here presuming to be the 935 is round - same as the Fenix3. No differentiation. So, why go through the expense of a new device if it is not an extension in capabilities of an existing device AND the form factor (square v round) is also the same? The other side - that *does* look like a new Garmin device... So, if not some photoshopped Frankenstein, what *is* it?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
danstu4 wrote:
I seen the 935 last weekend. Release is a couple weeks. Look like the 735 with a round face. Something about that round face I don't like.

I don't mind a round face, but that doesn't look quite right.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If this is the new replacement of the 920, then could there possibly be a price drop for the 735xt. I'm about the drop the $$ on the 735, but would rather hold off and save some money if possible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I posted a video yesterday of Clever training showing off the new Wahoo fitness bike computer. Well the guy in the video was wearing the new Garmin watch. I just clicked on the link again to watch the video and it has since been removed from youtube.

Edit: pictures from the video here....

https://appelmoessite.wordpress.com/...-garmin-fr935-video/

blog
Last edited by: stevej: Mar 16, 17 18:22
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin FR935 release [giorgitd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
giorgitd wrote:
Maybe, but something here does not add up for me. Some think that the Fenix series *is* the replacement for the 920 series - i.e. no direct successor to the 920XT. So, right now, what does the 920XT offer that the Fenix3 does not have? Square face - yes, but the image here presuming to be the 935 is round - same as the Fenix3. No differentiation. So, why go through the expense of a new device if it is not an extension in capabilities of an existing device AND the form factor (square v round) is also the same? The other side - that *does* look like a new Garmin device... So, if not some photoshopped Frankenstein, what *is* it?

The 935xt could have some of the features of the Fenix 5. The 935xt could be some sort of consolidation of the 700 and 900 lines, so that Garmin doesn't have three lines of multisport watches going forward. I think there are reasonable explanations.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin FR935 release [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zedzded wrote:
danstu4 wrote:

I don't mind a round face, but that doesn't look quite right.

Garmin 935 in the Fenix form factor: huge monstrous, circle, bigger than my wrist. No thanks. Love my 735.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
this looks like what I was told by a Garmin rep in Jan...round 735-like face, but thinner body. He said it would debut beginning of NA tri season.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin FR935 release [anthonypat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If I remember correctly the 920XT made it's first appearance around October 2015.

Trust me I’m a doctor!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PhilipShambrook wrote:
If I remember correctly the 920XT made it's first appearance around October 2015.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Training/Racing Log - http://www.earthdaykid.com/blog --- Old Training/Racing Log - http://colinlaughery.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin FR935 release [colinlaughery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oops! Brain fade on the maths! Of course I know it is in the 3rd year of it's life...

Trust me I’m a doctor!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just got my 735xt a couple of weeks ago and am pleasantly surprised. My interest with the F5 was peaked a little and interested to see the watch and how heavy it is. I don't think I would trade mine in for it but interesting to say the leave. I do really like my 735xt though as it has all that I need and most of the time I forget I am wearing it. The OHR actually has been working pretty well for me on my runs without intervals. For the bike and intervals I still wear my wahoo hr strap which I do like.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin FR935 release [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you. That's good intel.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin FR935 release [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have small wrists even though I am average size dude and I was glad that they reduced the size of the Fenix 5 over the 3. I was even considering going with the Fenix 5S but almost every review says it for the ladies and I couldn't get over it (plus the lower battery life). So, I am with you. I hope it's not bigger than my wrists and I hope I can get the wetsuit off over it.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin FR935 release [ericallenboyd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ditto.

ericallenboyd wrote:
I just got my 735xt a couple of weeks ago and am pleasantly surprised. My interest with the F5 was peaked a little and interested to see the watch and how heavy it is. I don't think I would trade mine in for it but interesting to say the leave. I do really like my 735xt though as it has all that I need and most of the time I forget I am wearing it. The OHR actually has been working pretty well for me on my runs without intervals. For the bike and intervals I still wear my wahoo hr strap which I do like.

Inside The Big Ring: Podcast & Coaching

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What happened to 930xt. Is it still on the roadmap?
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin FR935 release [uva0224] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Garmin will most likely just release a wrist heart rate version.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply

Prev Next