Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
*Spoilers* 2017 Spring Classics thread *Spoilers*
Quote | Reply
2 days left!

Also, who here wants to do a season-long pick'em series going from Het Nieuwsblad to Liege like we have done for 2015 and 2016? I need at least ten other participants before i'd organize it like I did previous years.

My personal picks:

Podium: Sagan, GvA, Vanmarcke
Wildcards: Benoot and Boonen
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2017 Spring Classics thread *Spoilers* [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OHN: GVA, and Sep
KNK" Kristof, Sagan

finally classic season is here!

The entire event (IM) is like "death by 1000 cuts" and the best race is minimizing all those cuts and losing less blood than the other guy. - Dev
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2017 Spring Classics thread *Spoilers* [LuisDF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
YES!!!! i just thought, "hmmm, I wonder if there's a classics thread?".
Saturday is one of my favorites; I love the Volk.

and I'd love to see Boonen or Gilbert but they're a little long in the tooth.
Last edited by: dsmallwood: Feb 23, 17 13:27
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2017 Spring Classics thread *Spoilers* [dsmallwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Id have picked Boonen, but ge crashed hard last week
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2017 Spring Classics thread *Spoilers* [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This should be a great season, though the loss of cancellara will be palpable. Boonen is looking very good and a third at world's demonstrates he is still a serious threat. I think degenkolb is going to be dangerous this season, Kristoff appears to have found his misplaced epo vials, and Sagan is Sagan. I am very excited to watch Sagan destroy the hopes and dreams of GVA every single day. cav is also looking very fit, if he toes the line always a threat.

Sagan, degenkolb, boonen

WC: Kristoff and Kiwat
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2017 Spring Classics thread *Spoilers* [op] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i don't know what its gonna be but its gonna be good.

loop
Sagan
GVA
Stybar

kbk
Kristoff
Bouhanni (why not?)
Devolder (still riding? who knew)
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2017 Spring Classics thread *Spoilers* [Ron_Burgundy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ron_Burgundy wrote:
This should be a great season, though the loss of cancellara will be palpable. Boonen is looking very good and a third at world's demonstrates he is still a serious threat. I think degenkolb is going to be dangerous this season, Kristoff appears to have found his misplaced epo vials, and Sagan is Sagan. I am very excited to watch Sagan destroy the hopes and dreams of GVA every single day. cav is also looking very fit, if he toes the line always a threat.

Sagan, degenkolb, boonen

WC: Kristoff and Kiwat

Trek got a good team, they can go on the front with Jasper but they can also wait for the final sprint with Deg, that is very good two punch combination!

x2 Kristoff, dude is flying again!

u also have stybar, sep, sagan and gva that are always "there". Great classic season for sure.

in the mean time fabian is chilling skiing and riding around NY LOL

The entire event (IM) is like "death by 1000 cuts" and the best race is minimizing all those cuts and losing less blood than the other guy. - Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think it will be a fast-man this year for Omloop. My pick is Kristoff - outside chance for van Poppel (Danny).

Non sprinter - my pick has to be a Quickstep rider: Stybar or Terpstra.

For those of us in TV deprived countries like the US, NBC Sports Gold is now offering a live viewing package for only $20 a year. It will stream most of the classics (Fleche Wallonne, Liege-Bastogne-Liege, Paris-Roubaix) and the Tour, the Vuelta, Paris-Nice, Dauphine, Tour de Suisse, many more).

http://www.nbcsports.com/gold

All I've been able to view previously was the Tour and the Vuelta, so it's a great improvement.

It works with Amazon Fire, so easy to view on tv or any device.

I don't think the States has ever had this on such a scale at this great price.

It'll be great to be part of the international viewing community!

Mark

Fast-Finishes.com
Triathlon and Running Race Timing
Athletic Event Management
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2017 Spring Classics thread *Spoilers* [themuse1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You read my mind. How do I watch? Thanks for the info! I've subscribed and look forward to following the action!

Scott
Last edited by: GreatScott: Feb 24, 17 13:29
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2017 Spring Classics thread *Spoilers* [GreatScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi GreatScott,

You can hook up your tv to Amazon Fire or Chromecast.

Fire is the easiest, since it's like adding a million cable channels. If you have that, you'll soon watch everything on it.

Chromecast will allow you to broadcast from your laptop direct to your tv.

Or, you can just watch on your laptop.

PS: apologies to civilized countries all over the world that broadcast these major sporting events live on national tv!

Fast-Finishes.com
Triathlon and Running Race Timing
Athletic Event Management
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll play this year!

Omloop:

Podium: Sagan, GvA, Stybar
Wildcards: Keukeleire, Stannard

KBK:
Podium: Kristoff, Cort, Sagan
Wildcards: Demare, van Poppel
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2017 Spring Classics thread *Spoilers* [JDinMA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
live on youtube!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-uAO3oy-N4

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

looks like a great day. lots of effort in the pack already.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice find.

Good training day for these three
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2017 Spring Classics thread *Spoilers* [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Weird seeing Sep in Cannondale colors...This is a hell of a trio out front!!!
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2017 Spring Classics thread *Spoilers* [daveTDF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's weird seeing Cannondale colors at the front of a classic.

Had anyone from QS made this group the race would be over
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2017 Spring Classics thread *Spoilers* [themuse1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
themuse1 wrote:
For those of us in TV deprived countries like the US, NBC Sports Gold is now offering a live viewing package for only $20 a year. It will stream most of the classics (Fleche Wallonne, Liege-Bastogne-Liege, Paris-Roubaix) and the Tour, the Vuelta, Paris-Nice, Dauphine, Tour de Suisse, many more).

http://www.nbcsports.com/gold

Edit: It looks like the Sports Gold package ends on June 29 and would have to be renewed before the Tour de France. Total bummer.

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Last edited by: Timtek: Feb 26, 17 3:48
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2017 Spring Classics thread *Spoilers* [Timtek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

wow. awesome.
it seems 2016 brought a new GVA.

what a trio at the end.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2017 Spring Classics thread *Spoilers* [dsmallwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He won it almost the same way last year. He's got that one figured out
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Amazing trio, not only held onto the lead, but stretched it! With a very tough chase group bearing down.

No tactics to analyze, GVA had the best legs. Game over.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2017 Spring Classics thread *Spoilers* [Timtek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is awesome to have more coverage (legally), but NBC gold is mostly ASO races. Although on the NBC sports live app I did get a full slate of cyclocross world cups plus world championships and the same for cross country skiing. Noteable absences are Ronde, Giro, MSR.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2017 Spring Classics thread *Spoilers* [daveTDF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
daveTDF wrote:
Amazing trio, not only held onto the lead, but stretched it! With a very tough chase group bearing down.

No tactics to analyze, GVA had the best legs. Game over.

Obviously most guys are coming off large training blocks (Sagan three weeks in the mountains) so not too much to glean. Sort of tacky to attack after the crash with 62 k's left. If Sagan can pull that much and still hang at the end after a huge training block he is going to be dangerous in a few weeks. You can always tell when guys have a lot of training fatigue, they just have no pop in their sprint. My guess is Sagan was truly using this as a training race, he was taking some massive pulls for no real reason. Even in the last few k's there was no reason to pull, the gap was close to a minute.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
2 days left!

Also, who here wants to do a season-long pick'em series going from Het Nieuwsblad to Liege like we have done for 2015 and 2016? I need at least ten other participants before i'd organize it like I did previous years.

My personal picks:

Podium: Sagan, GvA, Vanmarcke
Wildcards: Benoot and Boonen

Holy Crap, I want your crystal ball!
Nice call

res, non verba
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2017 Spring Classics thread *Spoilers* [RoYe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I called the top 2 right :D

gva, sagan

Edit: look at this:
https://www.strava.com/activities/879353826/analysis

almost 300w for 5hrs... Crazy power numbers that only make me wonder how manny watts sagan is putting out there?? 350 for 5hrs??? is that even possible???

Last edited by: LuisDF: Feb 25, 17 13:11
Quote Reply

Prev Next