Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? Feb. 6 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Feb. 6 Edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
goals for this week:
swim M, T, W, Th, F, S (today's done) swam all 7 days!
run less than or equal to 6 times nope, ran 7 days but some were short
bike would be a bonus nope.

M: 7.5 mi run + 1700 yd swim
T: 7.2 mi run (2 mi @ 7:08 pace) + 1600 yd swim
W: 6 mi run + 2200 yd swim
T: 8.5 mi run + 1600 yd swim
F: 4 mi run + 2200 yd swim
S: 3.7 mi run + 925 yd swim
S: 10 mi run even splits ~7:59s + 1200 yd swim

totals 11,425 yd swim + 46.9 mi run

Friday's swim was in my former university fishbowl, and it was happily surreal to be back.
Wed. night through Friday night I was interviewing for my dream job, and it was awesome. I really had an enjoyable interview (I'm pretty familiar with the place and people ;-). I should find out this week - keep your fingers crossed.

This week: swim M, T, F at least (M done); run 6x; bike is a bonus
This week I fly out tomorrow to visit my brother in Salt Lake for one day/two nights, then to another interview for Thurs. evening / all of Friday. Another busy week :P

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good luck!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I swam! Twice! Sheesh. That was monumental. I've been saying I'd do it for weeks. Finally jumped in.

Light week for me...

7x run - now at 49/100 in ST Challenge and hovering at around 50th place
2x swim - pathetic 1,500 and 1,600 yard swims.
Bike? Nope.

But, feeling good after a light break.

Enjoyed some beautiful 75 degree weather during the week - one day it was 83 degrees! But, of course, my long run was in the clouds, wind, and mud. But the views make the slop worthwhile... and cows. California has more rain on the way!

This week:

7x run
3x swim
2x bike

Hillary Trout
San Luis Obispo, CA

Your trip is short. Make the most of it.
https://www.slogoing.net/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good luck TC - fingers and toes crossed you get the job you want!

I have been sick since Friday - it means I didn't do my weekend rides so ended the week at 3 rides instead of 5. I was supposed to be FTP testing today but getting out of bed to even brush my teeth has been a struggle so I'll probably just shift everything a week and take it from there. The nice thing about having no A-race (or for that matter any race) planned is that I'm not rushing back into training when my body isn't ready for it.

At my physio/exercise therapy appointment last week it was pointed out that I have a pelvic tilt, so I have been working on lessening that tilt when doing BW squats and generally when standing around. Slow progress but we'll see if it makes any difference when I'm back to squatting some weight.

SLOgoing - I am so jealous of that greenery. It's back to -20C and snow here :(
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Feb. 6 Edition [SLOgoing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fingers crossed for you, TC!

Wow, all that green! Winter came howling back last week, so it's all white again for now - freezing rain is supposed to start any moment here, change to rain, and then freeze up overnight. There goes running without traction aids!

Last week's goals:
run x 5: win with 7
swim x 1: FAIL - closed highway on Tues meant we didn't get home until 9pm & Tank needed emergency dental work Thurs evening
bike x 1: FAIL
core/strength x 4: win

Had some more dentistry done on myself on Saturday (major cleaning on R side, drill & fill 3 cavities on bottom R) but managed to get an hour-long run in before and another 8k in the evening.

Lots of geese down on the river ice.

Some lovely sunshine through the bare trees.

The sun had just set when I headed out again (down the other side of the same river)

I cam to a sign at the top of the lower portion of the trail that said it was closed due to flooding, but at -10c/14f in the morning, I figured it would all be frozen up even if there had been some flooding. I decided to try.

Ok, there has definitely been flooding. I picked my way across some of this ice field..

But noped the hell out of setting foot on the broken bridge when it was getting dark & my sweetheart was at home convalescing from a tooth extraction. I turned around & ran the upper portion of the trail, looping back to get 5 miles done, then headed home.

On Sunday morning there was a "course preview" run for a local half marathon (I've run the full marathon twice, but the half course is nicer), so I was out running with a bunch of friends. I generally train solo so it was kind of fun to have company, but OH MY GAWD I FORGOT HOW MUCH LONG ROAD RUNS SUCK! Especially when you're out running through open fields with blowing snow and jerkwad drivers who think it's fun to play chicken with runners on the shoulder.

But, well, it was a pretty good way to get a decently long back-to-back weekend in. At almost 71km that's the most I've put in for a week in awhile, and I do need to start building for that spring 100k.

This week's goals:
run x 5
swim x 1
bike x 1
core/strength x 4

Quote | Reply
Fingers crossed for you, tigerchik -- keep us posted!

I had a great week last week. I nailed all my goals and then some. I got back on my tri bike for the first time in seven months (40 miles), I added plyometric and more dynamic movement back into my strength training (3x), I swam three times (though he rain is still keeping us out of the ocean), and I ran the longest I've run in seven months (12 miles) and got in some hills. I am finally (finally!) starting to feel like myself again ... or at least a slower version of myself :D

I'm getting tired of all the base and rebuilding but it seems to be working out well. I'm about a month from my first race of the season (a "C" race/benchmark Oly) and will be doing a few more weeks of base leading up to it plus another benchmark test for my run. I might do one brick before the race if things continue apace. We shall see.

This week is basically the same as last week: daily p/rehab, 3 strength sessions, 3 swims, 3 bikes, and 2 runs, 1 yoga class.

I hope everyone has a great week!

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fingers crossed for you, TC. Dang, K, you guys are really keeping your dentist in business! I hope you're both feeling back to normal soon.

I am going to do one more weekend of build for the Gasparilla Ultra Challenge Feb. 25-26. The last couple of weekends I've done 7/12.25, 8/13.75, and 10/15, so I'm thinking 11/16.5 this weekend and then calling it a taper. The races are 15k-5k (12.4 miles total) Saturday and half-8k (18.1 total) Sunday. Husband is joining me for the 5k and 8k and is a slower runner than I, so that should help with me not overdoing it. I ran my marathon PR on a 16-day taper vs. the usual three-week tapers, so I'm not too worried about the exact number of days in between last long runs and races.

I'm 99% sure the 25 miles this weekend was the most I've ever run in two days, not counting marathons. I was only a little stiff and sore yesterday which is a huge relief -- for the first time I feel like I can do this and not like "what have I done???" haha. I love running but these back-to-back long runs are reminding me that I'm not a spring chicken anymore. Some good news: It's supposed to warm up this weekend! Yeah! Any time you can run outside in February in Michigan and not freeze to death is a good run. Winter long runs are why I don't do spring marathons anymore.

Happy training to all the womens.

http://mediocremultisport.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good luck tc.... :-)

Last week's plans:
- get into new work routine (my commute home last night was 8 minutes!!!) - WIN and loving it, such a good decision.
- skate 3x - FAIL I only skated twice as my back started acting up on Sat after riding (see below) and shoveling MORE SNOW :-/
- run 2x - FAIL only ran once
- ride 3x - WIN with one ride being up a mountain and down some trails (that I really shouldn't have ridden on my road bike, I need a cx bike!), one ride being in the snow on my mountain bike, and one ride in the snow on a fat bike (local shop let me try it - which was good as it was easily 8" of snow - very unusual for Vancouver) - FAT BIKES ARE AWESOME!!! If you get a chance to try one, holy cow - so much fun!
- optional swim (ride before swim) - FAIL but OK

- celebrate K's 13th (!) b-day today. Holy cow. 13 already. - WIN :-)

This week: 2.5 weeks until next meet...
- skate 3x
- dryland/drills/cables 1x
- run 2x
- ride... hmmm... we got hammered with snow all weekend, and are expecting more on Wed eve which will switch to freezing rain... then pouring warm rain all weekend long. Not much fun for riding. So I'll aim for 1 and call it good if I get it in.
- if it's really that miserable all weekend, then swim 1x.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Feb. 6 Edition [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I want to try a fat bike! I have heard they are so fun.

Thank you all for the good wishes!

Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Feb. 6 Edition [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think you guys have had more snow than we have this year. What weird weather.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Feb. 6 Edition [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah it's been challenging to run or ride consistently since Dec 5th. I'm trying to take advantage (haha) of the odd weather to do other activities. Yesterday, I went for a snowshoe run on the trails near my work at lunchtime. I can't recall a time I would have been able to do that in prior years working there...

lemons -> lemonade, right? :-)

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply