Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Affordable Recovery Boots from Amazon [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
JackStraw13 wrote:
Has anyone used their Air Relax boots by running them on an inverter in a car?

I have not. I need to buy a kill-a-watt power meter and see how much power they draw. I can't imagine it is that much but who knows. The Pulse battery life is a little disappointing and sometimes only last 45 mins so maybe it is more draw than I think.

They work fine with an inverter in a car. They only draw 30 watts. Using mine now coming back from marathon in Baton Rouge.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Re: Affordable Recovery Boots from Amazon [JackStraw13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
I have to assume someone else was driving? Did u lay down in the backseat or just recline the front? Wonder whose legs were more swollen at the end of the drive.?

Reclined in the front. Dad was driving.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Re: Affordable Recovery Boots from Amazon [JackStraw13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that's cool they can work in the car. I just got mine yesterday and tried them out. They worked great and felt just like the Normatec boots. I only tried the Normatec boots once at IM expo and they were nice but so expensive. It sounds like Normatec may have more program modes but I'm fine with the Air Relax. I don't remember what the Normatec system noise was like. It was loud in the expo so hard to say. The Air Relax wasn't loud enough to force me to turn up the tv.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
They are definitely a couple of inches shorter than the Normatecs. For me, I have to remember to lift the old boys out of place in the Normatecs otherwise the boys can get pinched off and that does not feel good. The Air Relax are long enough to cover pretty much everything that you need ie all the way up the quads and hamstrings.

Just had my first go with the air relax, if I leave my foot in what looks like a foot/ankle section they're a good few inches from the top of my legs, with the 3rd chamber around the knee.

I can pop my foot out the bottom though and then get them all the way up to the top of my legs, then the top chamber gets some nice compression on the top of the quads.

Anyone else tried sticking their foot completely out the bottom? (Nb. Boots are the dark blue ones)
Quote Reply
Re: Affordable Recovery Boots from Amazon [SteveM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SteveM wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
They are definitely a couple of inches shorter than the Normatecs. For me, I have to remember to lift the old boys out of place in the Normatecs otherwise the boys can get pinched off and that does not feel good. The Air Relax are long enough to cover pretty much everything that you need ie all the way up the quads and hamstrings.

Just had my first go with the air relax, if I leave my foot in what looks like a foot/ankle section they're a good few inches from the top of my legs, with the 3rd chamber around the knee.

I can pop my foot out the bottom though and then get them all the way up to the top of my legs, then the top chamber gets some nice compression on the top of the quads.

Anyone else tried sticking their foot completely out the bottom? (Nb. Boots are the dark blue ones)

Yes they are a good couple of inches depending on your height. They are going to be coming out with longer boots at some point for those people who want them. I will say, that, when I do sit in my Normatec, I have to remember to lift the boys out of the way, or spread the legs pretty fair apart. I don't like to talk about my boys too often, but if I don't keep the legs apart, or left them up, they can get pinched quite easily.

I just had a nearly 3 hour call with Normatec the other day and learned a lot about the company in the process. The pair I got in May is going back for an evaluation.

Regardless, probably the best time of the year to pick up them. I know the price of Air Relax will be going up by about $25 sometime early next year. In addition, Normatec has had some aggressive pricing too offering $200 off. I can imagine their promotion might come to an end as well. When I looked into boots last year, heavy in training in late spring, the best deal I could muster was the typical $100 off.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
SteveM wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:

Yes they are a good couple of inches depending on your height. They are going to be coming out with longer boots at some point for those people who want them. I will say, that, when I do sit in my Normatec, I have to remember to lift the boys out of the way, or spread the legs pretty fair apart. I don't like to talk about my boys too often, but if I don't keep the legs apart, or left them up, they can get pinched quite easily.

I just had a nearly 3 hour call with Normatec the other day and learned a lot about the company in the process. The pair I got in May is going back for an evaluation.

Regardless, probably the best time of the year to pick up them. I know the price of Air Relax will be going up by about $25 sometime early next year. In addition, Normatec has had some aggressive pricing too offering $200 off. I can imagine their promotion might come to an end as well. When I looked into boots last year, heavy in training in late spring, the best deal I could muster was the typical $100 off.

Got a pair of Air Relax for Christmas (thanks Santa) and love them... used the discount code and have to say that these with compression tights are really helping !!

Best regards.
Quote Reply
Re: Affordable Recovery Boots from Amazon [xntrickly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Affordable Recovery Boots from Amazon [JASpencer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JASpencer wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
My Air Relax, the new dark-blue-gray unit is relatively new.

Thomas, can you measure the length (height?) of yours? At 6' the orange boots are as short as I'd want to go. Just curious.

Just an FYI, Air Relax just got in their tall version yesterday. They are stated as for people 6' 1" and taller. In addition, the price is going up sometime this weekend as well by about $20 and then will go up another 2% from there on Feb 1st.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Affordable Recovery Boots from Amazon [cabdoctor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cabdoctor wrote:
I know Unix has a standard and an XL boot, but I have yet to see the XL boots on sale. Anyone have a link or any information?

Just an FYI, Air Relax just got in their tall version yesterday. They are stated as for people 6' 1" and taller. In addition, the price is going up sometime this weekend as well by about $20 and then will go up another 2% from there on Feb 1st.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Magic, might be able to stop pulling the foot section up onto my lower calf!

Any idea when they'll be shipping (& if a recent purchase/code discount is on the cards)
Quote Reply
Re: Affordable Recovery Boots from Amazon [SteveM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SteveM wrote:
Magic, might be able to stop pulling the foot section up onto my lower calf!

Any idea when they'll be shipping (& if a recent purchase/code discount is on the cards)

I sent them a message last night and they got back to me around 11:20 eastern. They said they would be immediate but they only had about 15 pairs in stock at the moment. Part of their supply went to the their overseas distributors, but they want to get feedback from customers as well. It is possible they will make some more tweaks to the size based on a feedback.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ordered a tall pair this morning... I've been contemplating ordering for a while, getting them in the tall size and before the price hike sold me. $414 shipped after Gerlach's discount code. Thanks Thomas
Quote Reply
Re: Affordable Recovery Boots from Amazon [Dillon152] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dillon152 wrote:
Ordered a tall pair this morning... I've been contemplating ordering for a while, getting them in the tall size and before the price hike sold me. $414 shipped after Gerlach's discount code. Thanks Thomas

Very nice. You will have to let me know how the longer legs workout. I am also getting a pair of the longer legs. I am not the 6 1+ but my inseam is very long for someone who is 5 feet 9 at 33.63. I also got a new Normatec Pulse Pro system as well so I can start a new long-term comparison for durability.

Quote Reply
Re: Affordable Recovery Boots from Amazon [mad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll be seeing how their customer service is now - the seam on my right boot split by the foot cuff. They have a process, but the instructions say you have to ship it back in the original box. I don't have the original box, so we will see what they say.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What's the best way to go about ordering just the longer boots.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
cabdoctor wrote:

I will check. I know they only got in a very small run of the larger boots.

Thanks. I'm highly interested in two pairs of the larger boots.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cabdoctor wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
cabdoctor wrote:

Ok and I assume you already have one of the newer dark Air Relax units?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cabdoctor wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
cabdoctor wrote:

CabDoctor sorry for the late reply. I did check with Air Relax and they are not listed on the site as they have very few for purchase. If you are interested in the longer boots all you have to do is send an email to: sales@air-relax.com and they will get you all setup. Code to save 5% changes every month. For Feb it is: BESTOM02

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you very much I appreciate it
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cabdoctor wrote:
Thank you very much I appreciate it

If you do end up getting a pair I would appreciate some feedback. I just got a pair myself for testing, but they are likely going to be too long for me to test. They are a couple of inches longer than my Normatec regular size. I thought maybe giving my really long inseam that I might be able to give them a shot but it is doubtful at 5 feet 9 inches.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been using the long pair for a week and a half now... I'm 6'2" and yes they most certainly are long! If I were any shorter they would be too long, as it is they come all the way up to the boys and my toes are a good 2-3 inches away from the edge of the boot.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Could I ask where does the third chamber sit on the long ones? Above or on the knee?

With the shorty's I stick my foot all the way through getting two chambers on the calf & two on the quad (knee between 2 & 3)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dillon152 wrote:
I've been using the long pair for a week and a half now... I'm 6'2" and yes they most certainly are long! If I were any shorter they would be too long, as it is they come all the way up to the boys and my toes are a good 2-3 inches away from the edge of the boot.

What kind of leg/torso ratio do you have, or inseam for that matter. I realize height guidelines are to make it simpler for the user but total height only shows part of the story.

Quote Reply

Prev Next