Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Bye bye comey
Quote | Reply
And take carson, flynn, sessions, tillersson with you. The cia new guy, mad dog, & homeland guy seem pretty good. Throw out bannon, kushner, & conway and things shaping up for new admin.
Quote Reply
Re: Bye bye comey [tyrod1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm thrilled that you and others can actually name the nominees and potential heads of our government. What a great civics lesson is being taught these past 8 weeks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Comey isn't going anywhere to the best of my knowledge. It wouldn't shock me if he were to resign but there's been no indication of that.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Bye bye comey [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Its an IG audit. I've read tons of these and written similar documents, no way is he gone because of that. In my experience, appointed heads of departments only go when they have lost the confidence of an overwhelming majority of staff and bipartisan political opposition to their continued appointment. To my knowledge, neither exists.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Still can't figure out why Tillerson is a problem.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Bye bye comey [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:

He has had a lot of dealings with Russia and...

Quote Reply
Re: Bye bye comey [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I hope they succeed in helping most americans. I wonder about voters who vote for a guy that says one thing and some of his hires the other. Honesty should be considered an asset.
Quote Reply
Re: Bye bye comey [getcereal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Marco Rubio has surrounded himself with too many former Cold Warriors who see boogiemen behind every curtain. He fits in well with them, because growing up around Cuban exiles, he was surrounded by people yearning for a war against castro, not necessarily cold warriors, but same mindset. This is why I took issue with him in the election. That and he wasn't much more experienced than Obama.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
getcereal wrote:
Duffy wrote:

So some pompous asshole makes a speech trying to bait Tillerson into making a sensational headline by calling Putin a "WAR CRIMINAL!!!!" (has John Kerry called Putin a war criminal?) and Tillerson doesn't fall for it so, in your view, that makes him unfit SOS?

Still can't figure why Tillerson is a problem.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Bye bye comey [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe all true what you said.
But Putin is still a piece of shit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Of course he is a piece of shit and his goals are counter to ours. But when you have supported people like Batista, Pinochet, Suharto, the House of Saud, Saddam Hussein (at one point), and Stalin (WWII), you realize that its all relative and should be addressed as such.

The neocons and people in general like to ambiguously define enemies. Its easier, requires west mental prowess, and effective for leaders to do so. This is why we fought the "war on terror", "Axis of Evil", "Communism", etc, etc. So pardon if I don't see him as the same threat to humanity that McCain, Graham and Rubio.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
getcereal wrote:

Uhhhh, Putin is an effective leader who serves the interests of his country despite whatever bullshit red lines others draw for him.

I guess maybe you have to be 50-60 years old to have a healthy fear of Russia. At 31 years old I am more worried about the anti-russia rhetoric from some than I am about Russia itself.
Quote Reply
Re: Bye bye comey [aarondb4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm of the mindset we create a lot of our own problems on the international stage using false paradigms.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Some people say or i heard something like tillerson is L. Brezhnev's child. I don't have your picture skills which is one of main reasons i enter the lavender. Put the pictures up for me please. Reallyntillerson not that bad but he lied his arse off on paying lobbyists to fight climate issues as i understood the testimony.

Speaking of crazy climate last week teens, right now 70 & light winds so out to bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have to ask, after watching the video, if it's as cut and dried as Rubio claims, why hasn't something been done by the international community?

I thought Tillerson came across as rational and reasonable, Rubio, not so much.

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply
Re: Bye bye comey [CruseVegas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CruseVegas wrote:
I have to ask, after watching the video, if it's as cut and dried as Rubio claims, why hasn't something been done by the international community?

Well, like asked...has John Kerry called Purim a war criminal?

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Bye bye comey [CruseVegas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CruseVegas wrote:

I agree. Rubio was grandstanding; Tillerson's response was calm and (dare I say it) diplomatic.
Quote Reply
Re: Bye bye comey [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eb wrote:
CruseVegas wrote:

I agree. Rubio was grandstanding; Tillerson's response was calm and (dare I say it) diplomatic.

And that video was put up by a poster here as evidence that he is unfit for the job. I watched and not only concluded that it showed Tillerson is fit for SOS, I'm also really glad that Rubio's presidential bid went nowhere.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Either way, he is going out on a limb that will either pay off big time if trump is a total foreign policy failure and Neoconservatism becomes popular again, or it will stop whatever resurgence he had hoped for his career.

http://www.politico.com/...rmation-state-233562

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
getcereal wrote:
Duffy wrote:

Wait, so Rubio grandstands and sets questions up like 'will you call Putin a war criminal?' and 'are Putin and his cronies responsible for countless deaths of x, y and z?'; and Tillerson has measured responses such as 'I would need to see more information before commenting'...and this is a problem?

Rubio comes off like a grandstanding clown. Sorry, Russia's a problem but the way he presented everything put Tillerson in a no-win situation so he took the proper, measured approach and said he'd need more information before weighing in. Good for Tillerson, I can't believe anyone would watch that and believe he's somehow a problem.
Last edited by: Brownie28: Jan 13, 17 10:34
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
aarondb4 wrote:
getcereal wrote:

Uhhhh, Putin is an effective leader who serves the interests of his country despite whatever bullshit red lines others draw for him.

I guess maybe you have to be 50-60 years old to have a healthy fear of Russia. At 31 years old I am more worried about the anti-russia rhetoric from some than I am about Russia itself.

With Russia it has been a good policy never trust and always verify. I actually don't have that big of a problem with Tillerson. I am just pointing out why some people don't like him. One of his assets IMO is he has had dealing with the Rookies. But claiming he does not know/ believe that Putin is 'a war criminal' seems to me disingenuous. Bombing schools (killing children) and hospitals is fucked up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXs0dIxWmnU

New York Times:

"Unlike in some other smaller-scale sieges of recalcitrant cities in Syria, the Syrian government forces and Russian military have begun dropping extraordinarily potent and not terribly precise “bunker buster” bombs which can obliterate underground shelters, residents and aid workers say."

"Hannah Stoddart, director of advocacy and communications for War Child, a charity based in London, said Mr. Assad’s government had violated international law by targeting “built-up areas, schools and hospitals, where there’s a much higher chance that children will be hit"

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/28/world/middleeast/syria-aleppo-children.html?_r=0

Sadly it really doesn't matter. Russian people love him because he gets the job done and they don't sweat the details. Besides he has 7000 nukes under his index finger.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
getcereal wrote:
aarondb4 wrote:
getcereal wrote:

With Russia it has been a good policy never trust and always verify. I actually don't have that big of a problem with Tillerson. I am just pointing out why some people don't like him. One of his assets IMO is he has had dealing with the Rookies. But claiming he does not know/ believe that Putin is 'a war criminal' seems to me disingenuous. Bombing schools (killing children) and hospitals is fucked up!

New York Times:

"Unlike in some other smaller-scale sieges of recalcitrant cities in Syria, the Syrian government forces and Russian military have begun dropping extraordinarily potent and not terribly precise “bunker buster” bombs which can obliterate underground shelters, residents and aid workers say."

"Hannah Stoddart, director of advocacy and communications for War Child, a charity based in London, said Mr. Assad’s government had violated international law by targeting “built-up areas, schools and hospitals, where there’s a much higher chance that children will be hit"

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/28/world/middleeast/syria-aleppo-children.html?_r=0

Sadly it really doesn't matter. Russian people love him because he gets the job done and they don't sweat the details. Besides he has 7000 nukes under his index finger.

Bit tough to be sitting on a high horse about bombing cities when we routinely bomb the shit out of whatever we feel like. Drone bombings, Iraq, handing weapons over to rebels or then do god knows what with them, etc.

If Putin is a war criminal, then so is Obama.
Quote Reply
Re: Bye bye comey [Brownie28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brownie28 wrote:
getcereal wrote:
Duffy wrote:

He has had a lot of dealings with Russia and...[/quote[/url]]
Wait, so Rubio grandstands and sets questions up like 'will you call Putin a war criminal?' and 'are Putin and his cronies responsible for countless deaths of x, y and z?'; and Tillerson has measured responses such as 'I would need to see more information before commenting'...and this is a problem?

Rubio comes off like a grandstanding clown. Sorry, Russia's a problem but the way he presented everything put Tillerson in a no-win situation so he took the proper, measured approach and said he'd need more information before weighing in. Good for Tillerson, I can't believe anyone would watch that and believe he's somehow a problem.

In the words of Peggie Noonan, Rubio did no harm to Tillerson, but did so to himself. The optics on this aren't looking good. What is his endgame? Go keep the support of the warhawks he had last go around? For a guy who never put on the uniform, he seems to be a little to eager to support military conflict. McCain and to a lesser extent, Graham, I can see, even if I don't agree with them.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...rson/article/2611786

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
aarondb4 wrote:
getcereal wrote:
aarondb4 wrote:
getcereal wrote:

New York Times:

Bit tough to be sitting on a high horse about bombing cities when we routinely bomb the shit out of whatever we feel like. Drone bombings, Iraq, handing weapons over to rebels or then do god knows what with them, etc.

War is hell but sometimes a necessary hell nonetheless!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
aarondb4 wrote:

Agreed. I'd love to see what the Palestinians have written about us and the Israelis. It's all in your perspective, and the US has done more than enough drone striking and unsophisticated targeting in the past 15 years to not be able to preach about the war crimes of Putin. I mean hell, didn't Forge just post an article yesterday dealing with some questionable actions from SEAL Team 6? The US does some fucked up shit too, calling Russia out for similar actions when they're looking out for their own well-being is so hypocritical.

Be wary of them and always be vigilant with them, but also respect them and negotiate with them. Because they're a world superpower with lots of firepower, calling them war criminals is a juvenile approach.
Quote Reply

Prev Next