Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Adventure racing vs. the vagina. Help requested.
Quote | Reply
Posting on behalf of a friend, who is venturing into multi-day adventure racing, and is discovering that it's a lot more difficult to keep her lady bits happy compared to single-day events.

Does anyone have any experience or resources for how to keep the vagina happy when changing out of race kit isn't an option?

Eliot
blog thing - strava thing
Quote Reply
Re: Adventure racing vs. the vagina. Help requested. [renorider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll bite. Is the issue chafing (multi day bike rides), moisture, or other? Or both? I guess if I knew exactly what "adventure racing" is, that would help.
Last edited by: 140.6chick: Jan 8, 17 15:49
Quote Reply
Re: Adventure racing vs. the vagina. Help requested. [140.6chick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mostly moisture issues. Chafing has all but been solved with the right combination of saddle and shorts.

These are multisport races between 24 hours and 7 days that typically include running, hiking, MTB, road biking, kayaking, rafting, etc, and for the 20 hours of the day that they're not sleeping, they're typically in the same base kit + additional layers or gear depending upon the discipline.

Thanks for your help!

Eliot
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Anna s [ In reply to ]
Re: Adventure racing vs. the vagina. Help requested. [Anna s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anna, thank you! Will pass that along. She's in touch with some fellow racers too, but I figured that drinking from the fountain of the ST brain trust was a good strategy.

Thanks for having a look at my blog!

Eliot
Quote Reply
Re: Adventure racing vs. the vagina. Help requested. [renorider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like a powder called Zeabsorb for indoor cycling - seems to keep things drier. You just sprinkle a little bit on the chamois.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I recommend she head to the kiddie aisle of the grocery store and find the strongest diaper cream they have, preferably one with zinc oxide. I found that it both heals existing rash and creates a barrier to prevent moisture from coming in. The only issue is that it tends to stick on clothes and can be tough to get out, even with multiple washes. But has saved my ass many a time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you, womens!

Eliot
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Aquaphor Healing Baby Diaper Rash Cream

Best stuff ever!!! I did a 3.5 day Adventure Race in Wyoming last July and this stuff was awesome. As soon as I start feeling "wear & tear" during the long races my inside voice always screamed "noooooo". (No whining during adventure races). This stuff not only prevents chafing and irritation, it can actually resolve any irritation that has already started. Also, I use wet wipes on races longer than 24 hours when I pee.
Last edited by: DirtGirl: Feb 3, 17 12:42
Quote Reply