Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? Boxing Day / Dec. 26 Edition
Quote | Reply
Happy Boxing Day!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Boxing Day / Dec. 26 Edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Goals for this week:
keep the run mileage to less than or equal to 53 miles ehhh 57 miles
swim 5x done w/ 6 swims for 11,200 yds
bike is dependent on when new rubber band for rollers arrive band arrived. still haven't biked
do some data analysis I did in fact spend half an hour on those
finish edits on Paper 1 and send to my advisor nope!

I had a really nice Xmas - skype w/ Salt Lake City sibling and a friend, and that was really good. I got a nice piece of jewelry - a sand dollar plated in gold - to wear w/ my dress clothes for interviews. The job update is I got a no from one school... but a phone interview with one that I'm interested in, and an on-site interview invite from the job I really want :-)

Goals this week: I have so much schoolwork to do. Day off from running. Swim 5x. Try the rollers 2x.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TC, rollers--that's brave--good for you!

Arrgh, pool heater is still broken, so no swimming in over two weeks now. Got a few bikes and all runs in, but woke up in the middle of the night last night with delayed onset of pain. Taking today off from my jogs to see if it helps.

I'm caring for an elderly relative with cognitive decline. It's rough. Training gives me a nice break from it.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Happy all holidays!

Good week last week. I've been off the bike for two weeks now, but that's okay. I'm in on the ST 100/100 run challenge and that's been spot on. I was nervous about a hint of runner's knee that appeared after a race a couple of weeks ago, but that is resolved now. I was 7 for 7 last week running. Even got hubby to join me on a short 3 miler yesterday. I'm hoping that he picks it back up (he's a bike-only kind of guy).

Only swam once last week (boo). No reason other than I'm a wimp and it has been cold (okay, cold for me...its been in the low 50s).

I just loaded up my planned workouts through May 1st. I'm a CPA so tax season is knocking at the door. Last year I managed to keep up with my workouts and stay on top of my food intake (there is a ton of shit food at work - we have so many kids right out of college who eat anything). Also planning my post-April 15th vacation backpacking trip, so I'm all excited.

This week I'm back on the bike x3, run x7, swim x3 (or 4). Also, stretching DAILY. I was a bad girl and let stretching go and it bit me a few weeks ago. Also, done with the holiday treats. Oy so many this year.

Rock on.

Hillary Trout
San Luis Obispo, CA

Your trip is short. Make the most of it.
https://www.slogoing.net/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Big goal - done - just over 40 miles of running for the week. Got in one bike ride too. Plus one swim.
Now that I've gotten to that point, I need to get in the yoga 2x per week and strength 2x per week, and think about getting back on the bike again regularly now that I've had a nice break.
Got the long run out to 12miles now and not much complaint from my left hamstring. Great news!
Christmas was OK. Most of the day was good, 2 hours of the in-laws was torturous, but I survived. I was on-call Christmas Day, covering 4 hospitals in the region (closest one being 40 mins away) and NO CALLS. I say Christmas miracle.

Last week at my current job. Then a week off and start the new, closer to home, cut my commute in half job! Hooray!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I didn't set any goals for last week, which is probably a good thing. I did run x 7 and strength x 4, but still have yet to foam roll. Ran Christmas Eve (2hrs singletrack trail) in a Santa hat, then later walked down to our town's big light display in a park. Got out for another Santa-hatted run (just under an hour on rail trail) Christmas morning before my Mum came to stay with us through Boxing Day evening. I ate way too much and was spoiled rotten by my Mum and my husband, including a new hydration pack I can't wait to try out.

The snow was melting at Huron Natural Area on Saturday (Christmas Eve) and shifted a lot underfoot.

It was 2c so I didn't need a jacket, but the wind was sharp so I threw on a vest.

Chillier weather on Christmas morning meant slippery, lumpy snow on the trail.

And a jacket for my Christmas morning run.

We had rain and 10c/50f on Boxing Day, then everything froze again yesterday, turning the trails into grim icy death - almost impossible to stay upright. I bailed out at the first trailhead to run on the paved multi-use pathway along the road that parallels the trail as I had nearly fallen almost a dozen times already.

We walked up to the theatre yesterday evening to see Rogue One at last, too - thoroughly enjoyable! Bit tired today (back at the office) due to poor nutrition and a short night last night, but should be back on track soon.

Hope all the womens had a wonderful holiday!

Last edited by: mistressk: Dec 29, 16 7:26
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Boxing Day / Dec. 26 Edition [mistressk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MK, your pictures are not showing.

Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Boxing Day / Dec. 26 Edition [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri3 wrote:

I can see them.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Boxing Day / Dec. 26 Edition [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri3 wrote:

Welp, it looks like Google Photos made an update over the holidays that no longer allows embedding (though they show up fine when I'm logged in). Thanks for letting me know - I fixed a few from stuff I tweeted.

Quote | Reply
Yay, I see them now! Your pictures are one of my favorite parts of the weekly.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Happy Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Everything ladies of SlowTwitch!

As always, I love misstressK's photos. Glad to hear your new tigerchik (fingers crossed).

I had a good week.

<quote>This week should be pretty normal. P/rehab every day plus two yoga sessions and three strength session, probably two rides, two runs, two swims.
My coach moved my track threshold pace test to this week ... </quote>

I got all of last week's goals and had a humbling experience during my track threshold test. I went out at a pace I thought I could sustain and just blew up. I really thought I could hold x:xx/mile for 30 but ended up only being able to manage x:xx+0:25/mile and was barely holding on there. It was an improvement over my initial test and while I know I've only done base work and have only been back running for three months it was still really disappointing. Grumble, grumble. When will I feel like a runner again?

Everything else was pretty good and I had a really nice, quiet holiday.

This week, it's all normal and the only exciting thing is Saturday's Polar Plunge in the ocean :D

Have a great week and Happy New Year!

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds like most folks are having a good holiday season, ditto here. After handing in my notice at work, I felt about 10,000lb lighter. I think I have smiled more in the last week than I have most of the year.

Last week, skated once, ran twice. We've had snow then rain then snow then rain so there has been ZERO riding. I am almost ready to break down and hit the trainer in the basement - almost.

This week: run 3x, teach a friend to skate, maybe go to the pool. Eat too much, drink too much, sleep a lot, hang with friends and family. Say good by to what for me has been a really tough time and get ready to look forward to 2017. Oh and pick up a pair of skates for refereeing and coaching (tired of using my good skates).

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Boxing Day / Dec. 26 Edition [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
congrats on handing in the notice--sounds as though it was quite the relief

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Christmas was great!! We hosted, so I'm doing my part by eating all the baking/junk that got left here. :/

I work for the federal govt, so if you have heard about it, Phoenix (new pay system) is messing up big time. Baby was born in July, they JUST submitted my ROE - for Feb. Bottom line, once everything gets sorted (could be another couple months) I'm going to owe at least $10,000 in overpayments.

To de-stress, I'm attempting to take the 5 year old and 5 month old swimming by myself. Which unfortunately means stuffing myself into a bathing suit. :(

Goals for the week - put the junk food in the garbage or in the freezer and get on the treadmill.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Boxing Day / Dec. 26 Edition [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know what ROE is, but it seems like this should be a sort of "bank error in your favour" situation in which you don't have to pay any money back.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tigerchik wrote:
I don't know what ROE is, but it seems like this should be a sort of "bank error in your favour" situation in which you don't have to pay any money back.

My husband agrees with you. Unfortunately, they will definitely be coming after their money. And since I'm going back to work they will make sure they get it.

ROE - Record of Employment. We get a year of partially paid maternity leave in Canada (regardless of employer), but the govt needs the ROE to prove eligibility. My work tops me up to 90% of my regular salary for the year.

If I didn't have to worry about the repayment (money comes from two different places for mat leave) it wouldn't be so stressful.
Quote Reply