Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official power2max support thread [titemple652] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What are you trying to get out of this? We do not care what other companies do since we are not them. We can only do our work and we do a pretty good job. We do not sit in our lab and test it against others since you are comparing apples and oranges. Again, what are you trying to get out of this question? Do you want to buy a powermeter that just reads higher so your numbers look better or do you want accurate numbers that are also accuarte after years and in all situations.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [Mitchster1979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How about a power meter that is accurate and reads closer to what SRM, powertap do because they are accurate.

At least you stand by your product I give you that!

Good night.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I own or have owned P2M, SRM, Powertap, and Rotor Power. I have found all these to consistent with each other on my 40 mile test loop for 20K plus miles. What are you trying to accomplish with your posts?
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [801pe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well mine isn't. Glad your meter is closer to the rest of the industry.

What am I trying to accomplish? Since you asked, I am voicing my opinion about an expensive product that I am clearly not happy with. Posting my opinion in an open forum, respectfully.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does it give you consistent power readings? If so, you should have no gripe. Unless you are really concerned with your Zwift speed. That is probably it.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [rbtripp5485] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Consistent power yes, and is why I am keeping it.

Don't give a crap about zwift 75% of the people cheat there anyway. Passes the time though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When will the black friday deal (100 euro) end?

I have an ultegra 6700 crankset now(130 bcd). Will my chainrings fit the fsa gossamer type s?

thanks!
Joel
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [pitbull] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pitbull wrote:
When will the black friday deal (100 euro) end?

I have an ultegra 6700 crankset now(130 bcd). Will my chainrings fit the fsa gossamer type s?

thanks!
Joel

Got answer from the company that it should work. Also seems like the discount is valid during the weekend
/Joel
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Interested in the Type S. For you who have used it. Would you recommend it/buy it again? Why/why not?

Thanks
Joel
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I currently own 2+ units and did buy more to take advantage of the NG preorder. My experience with the S-Type has been positive, they have proven accurate, and function with my Garmin 820 and both my 920s without issue. I would recommend them to anyone.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [power2max] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

1. Power2Max, can you confirm the effective distance between these 2 devices?

2. Is there a unit of measurement standard of how strong the transceiver is in the Power2Max Type s model? (Does Ant+ have a signal strength unit of measurement?)

3. Will the transceiver in the new NG model be improved (as in greater distance of transmission) to prevent data transmission dropouts?

I just bought the type s for my small frame speed concept. I put my Garmin 820 on the aerobars just behind my shifters. I have been experiencing random "dropouts" of power and cadence on the display of my Garmin.

Dropouts meaning, the power and cadence disappears from the screen of the Garmin 820, randomly, several times while riding.

I installed a new battery on the power meter and I am showing that the battery on the power meter is good.

My Garmin 820 has the latest firmware update as of 12/4/16.

My gut says the distance from the Garmin and the Power2Max typs s meter is too far away from each other.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [Power2maxNA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great article about the company and the new generation of power meter, power2max NG, at http://bikeboard.cc/...i-power2max-th228336

There was some words about smartphone app and about software update. Can you tell us what is meant and what options app brings us?
Last edited by: nenadjev: Dec 7, 16 21:35
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [nenadjev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Unfortunately I can't offer any additional details about the smart phone app at the moment. Stay tuned!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wrench question.

I have a FSA Gossamer P2M (Love it by the way). Was in process of changing the rings from 50/34 to 52/36. I bought Praxis rings to replace the Praxis rings on the P2M.

Took the crank off the bike, Took the 5 chain ring bolts out and no issue with small ring but....I cannot get the big ring off because it will not slip over the P2M sensor cover. so I start taking out the little bolts that I believe are holding the spider to the P2M so I can remove the big ring and replace it...well of course I can get 4 of the 6 bolts out without too much issue but the remaining 2 are frozen solid and of course I stripped the heads (I didn't even swear or yell !). So, assuming I can get these remaining 2 bolts out, can anyone help with the correct size for these bolts and a source to get some ?

Now, I sure hope that I am removing the right parts so I can change the rings and hope I didn't just make an $800 mistake :(

Good thing its winter and I am using my road bike on the trainer but any help is appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [CBJFan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Send us an email at support@power2max.com. We can send you some replacements in the mail...And no, it doesn't sound like you made an $800 mistake!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks. Email sent.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [CBJFan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi guys, Would a Type S / Rotor 3D 30 model fit a 2009 specialized transition?
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [trimarch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The (carbon) 2009 Transition's OSBB takes BB30 bearings, the 3D 30 should fit.

http://wheelsmfg.com/...ized-alloy-osbb-tech
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [rijndael] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rijndael wrote:
The (carbon) 2009 Transition's OSBB takes BB30 bearings, the 3D 30 should fit.

http://wheelsmfg.com/...ized-alloy-osbb-tech
thank you!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I see on your site that the Gossamer BB386EVO crank is listed as non compatible with Rotor BSA 30 and PF4130 BB's. What's the issue?
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [JesseN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There are people who use FSA 30mm cranks with Rotor BBs and the other way around. It works much better on the 30mm axle then on 24mm axle where I would not recommend it. The difference for the 30mm axle BBs is the width of the BB especially for the BSA one. FSA and Rotor are different which also means the pre load will be different. Most companies develop the BB to fit the axle sizes and they are different between Rotor and FSA. I guess what I want to say is, if you want peace and quiet take the matching BB to the crank. If you do not mind the differences you can of course also use anz other BB but it is never ideal.

Best
Michael
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [Mitchster1979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are P2M sold consumer direct only, or also through distributors?
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [power2max] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello,

Happy to say I have joined the Power2Max family, recently had the type S installed on my cervelo.

I had the power2max professional install onto new Praxis chainrings and then had a highly respected bike shop install the new crank system.

My concern is when I got it home and put it on my tacx trainer I noticed great variances in power readings. Like at 300 watts on my tacx the power2max is saying 400watts. While I would love to just take the massive jump in my FTP I'm wondering if a setting will bring the gap closer.

Here is a list of things I have already checked :
Tacx spindown is at +\- 0
Rear tire pressure set at my standard 100psi
Cranklength set at 170
Tire diameter set to 700cc tire.
Head unit "calibrated" while off bike and no pressure on cranks.

Thanks in advance!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you know what size the screws are that mount an FSA Gossamer classic spider to the crank arms? I believe they are M3x.05 8 mm long button head. Is this correct? Thank you!
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [Muggatu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Muggatu wrote:
Hello,

Happy to say I have joined the Power2Max family, recently had the type S installed on my cervelo.

I had the power2max professional install onto new Praxis chainrings and then had a highly respected bike shop install the new crank system.

My concern is when I got it home and put it on my tacx trainer I noticed great variances in power readings. Like at 300 watts on my tacx the power2max is saying 400watts. While I would love to just take the massive jump in my FTP I'm wondering if a setting will bring the gap closer.

Here is a list of things I have already checked :
Tacx spindown is at +\- 0
Rear tire pressure set at my standard 100psi
Cranklength set at 170
Tire diameter set to 700cc tire.
Head unit "calibrated" while off bike and no pressure on cranks.

Thanks in advance!

Is the power field from your power meter set to a 3 second average?
Quote Reply

Prev Next