Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Giro Aerohead [ccassidy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ccassidy wrote:
Any update as to when replacement visors will be available?

+1.

Would be nice... and the helmet pod too... Giro??
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it would be my guess that how one holds ones head while riding will have a large impact on how any particular helmet performs. I suspect the AH would do well in a low head position(heads down) anecdotally, it did not seem to slow me down.
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead [jeffp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jeffp wrote:
it would be my guess that how one holds ones head while riding will have a large impact on how any particular helmet performs. I suspect the AH would do well in a low head position(heads down) anecdotally, it did not seem to slow me down.

Not for me.
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead [Grill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pic of your tested position?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jeffp wrote:
pic of your tested position?

No.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Probably not too far off though, right ;) Unless of course you were posturing during your testing.

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
so much wrong for you in this pic then, besides the watermarks(AH and H3) :)

Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead [leegoocrap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
leegoocrap wrote:

Probably not too far off though, right ;) Unless of course you were posturing during your testing.

Sure doesn't look like my pursuit bike or position...
I'll be testing it on my TT position next year, but don't have the highest hopes for it (I've tested a silly number of helmets already).

Better angle.

Last edited by: Grill: Nov 15, 16 9:14
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ahh :( No fun. Less track pics to google fu. I hold my head much different on the track as well.

Small aerohead was fast for me (slightly faster than my Spec TT med, sadly can't get my head in the small TT) but it will require cutting part of the visor to keep it from digging into my cheeks. Haven't decided if that makes it a no-go or not.

Off to the track this weekend to see what comes out on top there.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jeffp wrote:
so much wrong for you in this pic then, besides the watermarks(AH and H3) :)

Who dat?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice. It looks illegal though, no? (both UCI and CTT)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
one that rides much higher up than you ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead [lanierb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lanierb wrote:
Nice. It looks illegal though, no? (both UCI and CTT)

That is well trodden ground that shouldn't poison other websites.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
leegoocrap wrote:

You seem to get your shoulders impressively narrow with the elbows so far forward. I tried that last year in the wind tunnel and it wasn't any faster. My shoulders get to a certain point and they just don't get any narrower no matter what I try.

My eyeball windtunnel is guessing a low 0.19 for CdA.
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead [Jim@EROsports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Aerohead or A2?

So far the Aerohead fogged up with a vengeance at Miami Man last weekend, total pain in the ass. Will try the car wax trick before I decide. I race in South FL and humidity is a given.

Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead [sp1ke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I raced Miami man with aerohead and I'm heavy sweater. Two coats with anti- fog kept the fog away. This is what I used:

https://www.amazon.com/...ge?ie=UTF8&psc=1

A couple of drops to each side and to both surfaces on clean lens. A gentle wipe to spread and then just enough wiping to make it clear. Repeat a second time. This has worked multiple times.

Steve
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead [shelgemo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome, I'll try it. I used spit defogger (for swim goggles) because that's all I had on me. It didn't work.
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead [olmec] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bump - I mean it is getting close to XMAS!!
GIRO?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So I just picked up the Large MIPS version from competitive cyclist, but am dealing with the lower part of the visor cutting in to my cheek/ cheekbone that others have written about.

I tried rotating it back, changing the height adjustment of the rear internal 'cage' but nothing has really made a difference.

Has anyone tried dremeling off a few mm of the visor? Understandably I'm reluctant to do this to a new $250 helmet. Or perhaps I can stuff some extra foam padding in the front brow area, to space the helmet farther forward by a few mm? Help...
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead [brianwchan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
brianwchan wrote:
So I just picked up the Large MIPS version from competitive cyclist, but am dealing with the lower part of the visor cutting in to my cheek/ cheekbone that others have written about.

I tried rotating it back, changing the height adjustment of the rear internal 'cage' but nothing has really made a difference.

Has anyone tried dremeling off a few mm of the visor? Understandably I'm reluctant to do this to a new $250 helmet. Or perhaps I can stuff some extra foam padding in the front brow area, to space the helmet farther forward by a few mm? Help...

You can contact Giro about it digging in, they now make a revision of the visor that is "supposed" to alleviate this that they'll send out to you.

In my own experience, it didn't help enough, but it might if it's close. I'd try that before taking the dremel to it. (Although, so long as you were careful, that would indeed work)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey, thanks for the info. I actually called Giro this morning, they asked for the manufacturing date of the helmet (9/2016) and confirmed that it indeed had the newer visor. According to them, they trimmed the visor by 4mm in Version 2.

I will probably try spacing the helmet out first and see if I can ride that way comfortably. Otherwise will probably break out the dremel. Looks like they sell replacement visors now, in case I screw up badly.
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead [brianwchan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They are selling replacement visors, $60 plus shipping. No travel pods yet..........
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank God, I thought it was just me. That visor digs into my cheeks but I can suck it up for a 70.3. I'll try the new one. The Aerohead did test better for me over LG P-09 in the tunnel.

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead [DCalabrese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DCalabrese wrote:
Ordered through Amazon, and just got my Aerohead MIPS delivered to NJ. Very sleek.
Noticed that there is no US CPSC sticker in the helmet.
It only has the European "CE" sticker.

Isn't this a problem for USAT races?
Was hoping to use the helmet for NJ State Olympic next weekend.

Anyone know the deal?

I'm European so I got mine with a CE sticker. Will I get problems racing in the US with it?
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead [longtrousers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
longtrousers wrote:
DCalabrese wrote:
Ordered through Amazon, and just got my Aerohead MIPS delivered to NJ. Very sleek.
Noticed that there is no US CPSC sticker in the helmet.
It only has the European "CE" sticker.

Isn't this a problem for USAT races?
Was hoping to use the helmet for NJ State Olympic next weekend.

Anyone know the deal?

I'm European so I got mine with a CE sticker. Will I get problems racing in the US with it?

I think I can answer my own question, at least for ironmanraces, I looked it up:

(i) Helmets must be approved by a national accredited testing authority and such authority must be recognized by the International Triathlon Union and the relevant National Federation. (Please note: at all Events sanctioned by USA Triathlon (“USAT”), USAT requires all USA age-group athletes to wear a helmet approved by the USA CPSC); (DSQ)

So I guess I'll be fine with a CE sticker, since I'm not a USA age-group athlete.
Quote Reply

Prev Next