Re: Official power2max support thread [Tillquist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Power2max NG on you type https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4mD_C73HgU

My TT bike
BMC TM01
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I'm interested to hear about the new pedal metrics.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tillquist wrote:

We have got something NEW for you.... the power2max NG.
Check it out: http://ngpowermeter.power2max.com/en/

Bluetooth!! Finally!!
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [Power2maxNA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can you confirm that the Type S track P2M is no longer available? It's still showing on the site and on the 2017 price list, but P2M Germany are telling me it's no longer in stock or in production.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [Grill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's true that the track power meter is no longer in production. With the NG coming out it was about time to look critically at both the track and MTB power meters so look for those versions in the future. That said, we (North America) have the last few track power meters. Which is why they are still showing in the online store. As soon as we've sold through what is available they'll be gone until the newer version comes out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a FSA Gossamer road P2M (has worked flawlessly, thank you) that I bought in 2014. When I bought, I got the Praxis Rings in 50/34. I need to change my rings to 52/36 and cannot find anywhere on your site to get just the rings. What are my options ?
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [CBJFan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CBJFan wrote:
I have a FSA Gossamer road P2M (has worked flawlessly, thank you) that I bought in 2014. When I bought, I got the Praxis Rings in 50/34. I need to change my rings to 52/36 and cannot find anywhere on your site to get just the rings. What are my options ?

They only sell the rings on complete cranksets. You can get the rings direct from Praxis. You likely want the "clover" rings.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by cmoon54 [ In reply to ]
Last edited by: cmoon54: Sep 26, 16 12:42
Re: Official power2max support thread [cmoon54] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

I own a P2Max and, like everyone I personally know who uses the product, have been over the moon happy with my purchase. I have in fact tested it against 2 other PMs on the same ride, and it was in happy agreement with them.

I've had unsatisfactory service from Zipp that included charging me this past January to fix 2nd version of their failed hub, then 2 months later when it was recalled, arguing with me about paying me back for the repair to the faulty hub they manufactured and designed! That doesn't happen to most people who buy Zipps, and that's why I wouldn't go online saying "I had this bad experience, don't buy the brand!"

I'm not disregarding YOUR experience with P2Max, but as I've said, I, and many other users have literally never had a single problem with the one I have, thus recommending everyone to avoid the product (especially in favor of Vector which have been notoriously difficult for many, many people to get to work correctly) does not have much credibility or really helping the community. Hopefully calling them out in public will get your PM back to you sooner...but based on the incredible customer service they've demonstrated to me I'm surprised how yours differs so much. Sorry to hear it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm sorry to hear your experience about this, but I don't think this is the normal experience of power2max owners.

I have two power2 max units (one is two years old the other slightly younger) and both have worked flawlessly everytime I've used them. Other people I ride with and friends who own power2max have had the same experience. I have other friends who want to throw their Garmin vectors or other powermeters away though.

I hope that you find a happy solution to a powermeter, even if it isn't power2max.

On another note, I'd be upset about being charged $100 to remove the powermeter. Even if you needed a shop to do it, that in itself is outrageous (mine installed my type S on S-Works crankarms for free).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello cmoon54, let me take a minute to respond. First I would like to apologize for the time you haven't had your power meter. I agree it has been too long but, unfortunately, only the German HQ has the dynamic calibration device. Because of this, once they have the power meter, it's largely out of my hands as the North American distributor. I can poke and prod but, at the end of the day, the Atlantic is in the way. To your point about a refund...Through previous communications with you, I was under the impression that you didn't want a refund. Rather that you wanted to wait for us to install the power meter on a different set of cranks that you planned on purchasing once the power meter arrived back in North America. I'm happy to extend that if that is what you prefer, I'll follow up in a subsequent email.

That said, it's worth mentioning that the power discrepancy to which you are referring was instigated by going to a shorter crank length (165 & 160 to 150mm). By going to a shorter crank length you inherently lower the torque at the pedal. And, since power is a product of cadence and torque, it holds that the power would decrease for similar efforts.

Not coincidentally, I did hear back from Germany regarding this power meter today. After testing the power meter they found that the calibration was, in fact, correct. Again, I will follow up in a subsequent email...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What shop charged you $100 for removing a crank? It's a 5 minute job at the most. I don't know what version you have so it may require special tools but my rotor 3d+ version only requires the shimano cassette lockring tool and an allen wrench.

Regarding the change in crank length that should only matter if he were used to a certain power at a certain cadence and then maintained that cadence with the shorter cranks. Same power with a shorter crank should naturally result in a higher cadence. If there were multiple power meters on the bike at the same time then they should read the same within a percent or two. Did you ever directly compare the power2max vs the powertap hub or garmin pedals?
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [power2max] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For those of you waiting for the NG, here's some incentive to buy a power meter now...https://www.power2max.com/...wer2max-ng-prologue/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It would be helpful to me to know what the normal pricing on the NG will be when it comes out.
Last edited by: beercity: Oct 4, 16 13:39
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [beercity] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good point, we're still waiting for Germany to confirm pricing outside of Europe but we're anticipating about a $300-350USD increase from the equivalent Type S.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just took receipt of a 2017 Felt AR1 frameset and need to purchase cranks. I currently have a power2max meter on my other bike and have been very happy with it.

Before I pull the trigger, I just want to confirm the following setup is correct for the AR1 (which has a BB30 shell):

power2max Type S FSA K-Force Light BB386 EVO cranks
FSA BB30 cartridge bearing set
FSA BB30/PF30 spacer set

Thanks in advance.

Facebook and Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [SwimGreg3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks good to me, that said, it comes with the spacers for BB30 already so there's no need to get a second set of spacers...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great. Thanks for the swift response.

Facebook and Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a type s newly installed on my 2016 cervelo S2. Shop install. I don’t have the tools or expertise myself.

I’m getting a weird humming or thrumming noise and slight vibration when the frame gets twisted (ex: riding with one hand on trainer, climbing and rocking the bike outside, etc). It has only started after the install.

I’m trying to rule everything out. The shop says everything looks good, but the moaning sound doesn’t go away (and it’s not me, I swear).

Thoughts? I’m asking here, since it’s the only thing that has changed on the bike.
Thank you.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [Rival10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did your shop take the BB out at all? The only thing I can possibly think of is that there's an issue with the BB bearings...If they were taken out or replaced perhaps they're not seated all the way?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Power2maxNA wrote:
Is there any coupon discount that P2Max could give to us as returning customers ?
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [2107] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm sorry to say that we don't have any coupon codes for returning customers. Part of what we strive for is to offer affordable power meters to all purchasers which is why our power meters are as competitively priced in the first place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Out of curiosity, will there be a Black Friday sale this year, or does the Type S + NG combo deal fill that role?

Thanks,
Gene
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [geetee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, there will be a Black Friday Sale this year, and no the NG Prologue does not fill that role. The only catch is, I can't disclose the details of the sale yet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Understood - thanks for the reply.
Quote Reply

Prev Next