Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: show me your DIMOND [lmar77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [jet black] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very nice!

Are you thinking of upgrading to the super fork?

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks!

Probably not unless I come across a good deal in the ST classifieds or something. I currently have HED Jet 6+ wheels (old 23mm brake track) with a powertap in them that I race with a wheel cover. (rear is currently getting re-spoked, these bontragers are a friends).
So I'm looking to get some sort of crank based power and a dedicated set of 25mm race wheels as my next purchase. Keeping my eye on the classifieds for an quarq elsa that fits my needs at a price I can stomach.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I rode 50 miles a couple of days ago. Basically did this 10 mile rectangle of country roads 5x. I rode by this same set of people a couple of times and finally one of them said "That's the craziest looking bike I have ever seen. What's something like that cost?" Me: "If you have to ask....."

You do get some odd looks riding around on the non-double diamond frames.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [cloy26] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cloy26 wrote:
GO GATORS!

Go 'Cuse. How dare you!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bike looks sweet! How much extra stack do those pads add? I need to get some different ones. The stock ones are slippery.
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [jet black] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jet black wrote:
Bike looks sweet! How much extra stack do those pads add? I need to get some different ones. The stock ones are slippery.

I'd say 5-7mm. Maybe twice the height of the stock Alpha pads. The Cee Gees are also a little more squishy so you'll sink into them a little more. So maybe 5mm when all is said and done.

Last edited by: The GMAN: Sep 13, 16 18:53
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have a crazy high seat post on their dimond?

According to my guru fit, my saddle height over BB is 943mm, I know it's crazy, (I'm 6'10")

Just wondering how ridiculous it would be, even though dimond says they can do it.

I also need a stack around 700+ , I'll never get to where I need to be, so I just try to get as high as I can.
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [bujayman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You are 6' 10" so unlikely many will want as high a seat as you but ...

I have a I have saddle height of 84.2. The seat post does not look very tall at all on a Large. Your saddle height is pretty tall but you are 9" taller than me and saddle height is roughly 3" or so taller .... sounds very feasible. I have long legs to torso.

My pad stack is 72.3cm. I use a TriRig Alpha X with 3cm of aero spacers and 40mm risers. The pads are pretty poor so I will change to CeeGee's and drop 1cm of the stem spacers.

Your drop from saddle to bars would be fairly significant. Mine is 10.5cm. It sounds like you are 10cm higher saddle and 2cm (ish - you didn't state exactly) lower cockpit. This would make your pad drop 22.5cm, pretty huge .... unless you are not using figures for Pad Stack and using just Stack. Which might make more sense.

https://www.pbandjcoaching.com
https://www.thisbigroadtrip.com
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [JayPeeWhy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, my original pad stack was so high on my fit that we had to re-do it because my fitter couldn't make any bike work.

If you are at 723 on a alpha x, which is the bar I'm leaning towards that makes me think I can make it work.

On my fit I was on a vuka top mount bar, and my pad stack was 730 with a 505 reach, with a 185mm saddle to bars (not pads) drop

The more room I have for that to change the better, as I don't think I was really dialed in that much, my fitter didn't seem to know a whole lot about TT positions. Getting a bike and then doing another fitting on it is really pretty necessary.

I was looking at a dimond someone had at a race this weekend and loved it, the guy had a pretty high saddle, but not nearly high enough for me and it looked a little weird/he said he did feel some flex in it at times.

I feel like no matter what bike i ride I look like an adult on a kids bike, just huge. From a purely vanity point of view, I'd like to find a bike (ride a shiv now) and set up that allows me to look like I have a somewhat average fit. Should have had that guru frame made when I had a chance.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If the saddle is 10cm taller then there may be some flex but I can't see that being much different on any bike. Dimond can likely make you a solid, or certainly more rigid, seat post. The great thing about them is that they will usually make it happen.

The beam really doesn't flex much at all. I don't notice it and neither do any others (I say any, some people claim to but I am 180lbs so not sure how much they weigh to make it flex) but there is supposed to be a mm or 2 of movement. A good example is that when I ride my road bike now it feels like I always have a flat because I can feel all the bumps come up through the seat post, on the Dimond I don't. That's about the extent of any movement for me. Occasionally if I am being a gorilla uphills I might notice a tiny bit of flex but that might be in my mind. I was actually disappointed that it didn't feel more different to a standard bike at first.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you have some pics of your current bike setup?

Just out of curiosity...

I'm going to try to schedule a demo at ironman NC, hopefully they can me close to a fit that will work for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bujayman wrote:
Do you have some pics of your current bike setup?

Just out of curiosity...

I'm going to try to schedule a demo at ironman NC, hopefully they can me close to a fit that will work for me.

http://rustersports.com/a-cut-above-james-young/

As you can see form the post, the bike is no more.

Last edited by: JayPeeWhy: Sep 22, 16 6:59
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh man... Hope you are recovering well.

I know all about that after being hit in 2012 and spending a month in the hospital and a year recovering.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bujayman wrote:
According to my guru fit, my saddle height over BB is 943mm, I know it's crazy, (I'm 6'10")

On my fit I was on a vuka top mount bar, and my pad stack was 730 with a 505 reach, with a 185mm saddle to bars (not pads) drop

Based on the TriRig fit chart (attached), it looks you could accomplish your stack and reach on a large with the Alpha X. Especially if you lengthen out a bit. I think your saddle height may be above the Dimond max, but hopefully they could help you figure something out.
Last edited by: mdm81: Sep 22, 16 8:11
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [lmar77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [campled] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sweet build!
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [Will132] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did the Dash fit without issues or did you need the aero/saddle combo from Dash

thx
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [IMStillTrying] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IMStillTrying wrote:

thx

The rails were a little tight, but it did fit. Worse case I could have shaved off a hair if not.

If I hadn't spent so much on the paint I probably would have gotten the combo.
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [Will132] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Will132 wrote:
IMStillTrying wrote:

thx

The rails were a little tight, but it did fit. Worse case I could have shaved off a hair if not.

Saw the paint job on the FB page. I wish I were creative enough to come up with something like that!!
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [SBRcoffee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRcoffee wrote:
Will132 wrote:
IMStillTrying wrote:

thx

Saw the paint job on the FB page. I wish I were creative enough to come up with something like that!!

Wish I was as well. I had the rough idea and gave it to Canyon at Canyon Custom Air in Glenn Allen,VA. He pulled it off and nailed it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wow that looks sick!!!
very impressive.

Did you make the storage box from scratch or modify one currently in production

Follow me on Twitter @CK21TRHC
I use what I love: ISM, Blue70, Trek, FLO
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What basebar and stem are you using?