Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
First Look: The New Diamondback Andean Bike!
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: First Look: The New Dimondback Andean! [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now that's an interesting looking bike but a trash compartment??? Wallet holder??Hmmmmm, are we overthinking integration a bit?
No skewer like Omni.
Last edited by: DFW_Tri: Sep 14, 16 19:22
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: First Look: The New Dimondback Andean! [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
Now that's an interesting looking bike but a trash compartment??? Hmmmmm, are we overthinking integration a bit?

Actually, I think in LD tri - putting sticky used gels in with unused just makes a mess...I would prefer two compartments. And never would have thought about it so I think it's pretty genius actually!

This is pretty forward thinking, I think...well done DB.

Brent

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
very nice

Dan Kennison

facebook: @triPremierBike
http://www.PremierBike.com
http://www.PositionOneSports.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is one ugly bike!

Reminds me of this:

Looking at the video, they're sponsoring Weiss....sigh.

On the bright side, it's great to see all these companies (DB, Dimond, TriRig, Ventum, etc.) really pushing the design boundaries.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I do like the out-out-the-box thinking. Especially the shrouded chain ring, if that is actually legal...

But a white paper with no wind-tunnel results? Did they really only do tiny-scale testing??

And this:

"THE INTRODUCTION OF ROAD BIKE DISC BRAKES SIGNALED ANOTHER TANTALIZING POSSIBILITY FOR ANDEAN. Disc brakes outperform rim brakes and their calipers are more easily hidden from the wind. And given the wheels-first design process of Andean, rim brakes just aren’t in the cards: the future of wheel technology will undoubtedly feature discs."

Makes me wonder how much of this is a team making a serious bike for serious athletes or is it like the shiny new optimus prime transformer I wanted as a kid - looks super-technical and science-y and bad-ass but really is just a futuristic looking toy.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Last edited by: RowToTri: Sep 14, 16 19:25
Quote Reply
Re: First Look: The New Dimondback Andean! [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I guess i would just prefer to put in jersey or tri pockets which are more easily cleaned than a small bike compartment or dump at aid station
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was waiting to get rickrolled on the links...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
now this is something!

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: First Look: The New Dimondback Andean! [BBLOEHR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks awesome
Quote Reply
Re: First Look: The New Dimondback Andean! [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RowToTri wrote:
I do like the out-out-the-box thinking. Especially the shrouded chain ring, if that is actually legal...

But a white paper with no wind-tunnel results? Did they really only do tiny-scale testing??

And this:

"THE INTRODUCTION OF ROAD BIKE DISC BRAKES SIGNALED ANOTHER TANTALIZING POSSIBILITY FOR ANDEAN. Disc brakes outperform rim brakes and their calipers are more easily hidden from the wind. And given the wheels-first design process of Andean, rim brakes just aren’t in the cards: the future of wheel technology will undoubtedly feature discs."

Makes me wonder how much of this is a team making a serious bike for serious athletes or is it like the shiny new optimus prime transformer I wanted as a kid - looks super-technical and science-y and bad-ass but really is just a futuristic looking toy.

Sigh...another disc brake equipped Tri bike ironically shown with Hed Jet Black rims <smh>

"Calipers are more easily hidden from the wind"? Really?? Better tell that to the Speed Concept :-/

Yeah, the lack of ANY tunnel data is pretty disappointing...

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: First Look: The New Dimondback Andean! [ors0] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ors0 wrote:
Looks awesome

I agree!

Quote Reply
Re: First Look: The New Dimondback Andean Bike! [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At what point do we call that lower part of the frame a fairing?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I never thought I'd say this... I think they went too far.

Also: are those carbon clincher HEDs?
Quote Reply
Re: First Look: The New Dimondback Andean Bike! [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No. HED does not make carbon clinchers.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am actually excited about tri bike design again, the first fully and i mean fully integrated tri bike. You could ever store a beer for the post ride party.

Quote Reply
Re: First Look: The New Dimondback Andean! [Tom A.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I remember having a conversation with Brad DeVaney (head engineer at QR) about a "MotoGP-style bike" - Brad's background is in motorcycle racing - back in 2007. Same conversation where we talked about moving air away from the drivetrain that eventually morphed into QR's "shift" technology that I think is pretty cool and if another company besides QR were doing it, it'd get a lot more notice. Anyway, I'm actually sort of surprised it took so long...

Beyond that, I think it's at least an intriguing thought experiment. Would be nice if they'd picked another athlete to work with, though. At the very least, I would think they'd want an athlete who has at least some credibility. When you have a design that is that crazy, convincing people to even give you a chance is a huge, huge obstacle. And I don't see Weiss helping them very much in that regard.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: First Look: The New Dimondback Andean! [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gerard doesn't post on here much anymore, but I seem to recall him saying that they were actually able to beat the Baracchi pretty handily with the P3, so that you didn't really need to be all that crazy to be fast. If anyone else recalls anything along these lines, please correct me or otherwise clarify...

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: First Look: The New Dimondback Andean! [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
who was the female athlete that was talking in the videos?

Maurice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One other thought - I wonder how much discussion they had with WTC on this, if any. You all may recall TJ Tollakson's "storage system" that was disallowed. I would not be sure that this thing is legal for triathlon unless they involved some folks from ITU, WTC, USAT, etc pretty early on.

Quote Reply
Re: First Look: The New Dimondback Andean! [mauricemaher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mauricemaher wrote:

Maurice

Rachel McBride: http://rachelmcbride.com/

Super cool. Pretty out there. Kind of like that bike. Wink

Quote Reply
Re: First Look: The New Dimondback Andean Bike! [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rappstar wrote:
One other thought - I wonder how much discussion they had with WTC on this, if any. You all may recall TJ Tollakson's "storage system" that was disallowed. I would not be sure that this thing is legal for triathlon unless they involved some folks from ITU, WTC, USAT, etc pretty early on.

TJ's was basically a nosecone/windshield to shield the rider. IMO (and just MO) as long as the bike is making itself more aerodynamic it's fine (that describes the new Diamondback). As soon as parts of the bike exist to shield the rider it's an illegal fairing.

TJ's Nosecone

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
No. HED does not make carbon clinchers.

I know they haven't historically but those aren't the HED Blacks. Maybe a new rim.
Quote Reply
Re: First Look: The New Dimondback Andean! [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rappstar wrote:
mauricemaher wrote:

Maurice

Rachel McBride: http://rachelmcbride.com/

Super cool. Pretty out there. Kind of like that bike. Wink

Ahh, OK.

I don't know her but she is familiar from various B.C. races.

You have to have a soft spot for a pro triathlete who post's beer mile and gravel races in her official results ;-)

...looks like a strong cyclist and a pretty good athlete.

More important than the bike, can you do a beer mile in 6:38?

Maurice
Quote Reply

Prev Next