Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
"reputable" Tom Demerly
Quote | Reply
What a surprise I had when a friend of mine called me to say pictures of my Felt 2 were posted on the slowtwitch. I left my bike at Bikesport to be picked up and shipped by Tri-Bike transport for the Ironman Florida. I did tell Tom it was ready to go and not to work on it. I had just cleaned the chain and cog. I always finish cleaning the bike when I arrived and have it checked over by a mechanic at the site because it often get knocked during shipping. Tom makes it seem liked he worked on all the bikes- not true. My chain was not worn and dirty, it is my choice to use a pump- he never asked me if there was a reason for this and the bike tape is my preference how it is put on. The kinked shift cable was a piece of dust! I find it interesting no other bike company that shipped bike went on the internet to talk about the bikes. If Mr. Demerly wanted to relay information to me he should have called me. Any other bike store would have fired an employee for doing what he did. I bought a lightspreed from Tom two years ago. He does do a good job of fitting, however , I went to a tri camp with chuckie v and he changed my position! Purchasing a bike at bikesport requires the entire amount of the purchase price to be paid in advance! What other bike shop does this. I wonder, can't Tom get credit from his suppliers. As a past member of the Wolverine's, Tom agreed to sponsor and had his logo on the jersey, he never would pay the club the sponsorship. Mr. Tom Demerly needs to learn about professionalism. Tri-Bike needs to find another drop off point. I will not be responding to anything that Mr Demerly replies to.
Quote Reply
Re: "reputable" Tom Demerly [victorbike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Scathing...

*Your Mama*
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice. An anonymous post.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ow

Train hard...race well.
www.jimmishler.com
"Jim, I happen to agree with you" DougStern
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i don't think i fully understand what you are saying...what did he do that was so bad?

although i have no experience with tom or his store, he does seem to be very professional and forthright
Last edited by: gigs: Nov 8, 05 15:06
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That made less sence that most of my posts...

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: "reputable" Tom Demerly [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah, but it had better spelling ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: "reputable" Tom Demerly [danielito] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tom you you you chain cleaner you

anonymous

( he will never know who I am )
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice first post. You are right - what other bike shop would post this ..... you see it as bad (becuase it was your bike). I (we) see it as good.

Hope you had a great day at IMFL though.

Re: "reputable" Tom Demerly [jkatsoudas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice response!!! lol I was thinking the same thing!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
first post, no name, no location. I'd almost call out troll on this one but I'll reply:

"I always finish cleaning the bike when I arrived"

right.... I doubt it. Got a photo of your clean bike at the race?

"it is my choice to use a pump"

and a bad choice it was

"My chain was not worn and dirty"

sure looked like it from the photos.

"the bike tape is my preference how it is put on"

translation: you have no clue how to put on handlebar tape

" I went to a tri camp with chuckie v and he changed my position"

Yeah.. and all pro's know how to fit bikes too... not.

If by your username your real name is Victor, then you have just outed yourself. I see a "Victor Melfe" from Ohio.. close enough to have a bike shipped from Tom's shop...
Last edited by: synchronicity: Nov 8, 05 15:58
Quote Reply
Re: "reputable" Tom Demerly [Tri to Qualify] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Nice response!!! lol I was thinking the same thing!
Fuck you both...ST needs a damn working F7 key...no way I am typing in Word and pasting over every damn time.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
  I guess my comment would be if your name wasn't on the bike, what is the big deal? Right or wrong (my wife says wrong) some people are obsessive about how they care for their bicycles. I am unfortunately one of those people who cleans up his bike after every ride, and I think Tom D. is like that as well. I think you're taking this personally and I don't think that was Toms' intent. Hopefully your bike worked great and you had a great race!
Quote Reply
Re: "reputable" Tom Demerly [dirtball!] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
tom you you you chain cleaner you

anonymous

( he will never know who I am )
At least we know he does not have a kink in his cable. (Tom that is)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Like I said, if pointing out that someone's bike has maintenance problems makes me an asshole,

Then I'm an asshole.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This forum is not directly associated with Tom's shop, and he did not identify bike owners to their dirty bikes. I don't get why you are upset...your picture did not appear next to your bike with a blinking banner screaming "DIRTY BIKE OWNER!! May you DNF for a dirty chain!"

====================================

Life isn't measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away.
Quote Reply
Re: "reputable" Tom Demerly [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom - thank you...no one ever wants to be on the last page in Cosmo either. Do's and Donts, he didnt want to be a dont - and from the sounds of it wasnt thanks to you.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Might want to double check your facts here:

"As a past member of the Wolverine's, Tom agreed to sponsor and had his logo on the jersey, he never would pay the club the sponsorship."

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What your gonna rip someone on a forum and not have the balls to respond to his posts. You must be the same guy that hits a car in the parking lot and drives off without leaving a note.
Quote Reply
Re: "reputable" Tom Demerly [Jack Bauer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In hindsight Tom should probably not have posted the pictures of those bikes on this site. The people who contracted for his services, rightly or wrongly, ended up the subject of much ridicule, and probably won't be using Tom's services again. If nothing else it was probably a poor business decision.....others may disagree, but its never a good thing to make fun of your customers or innocently expose them to ridicule which, knowing this place as he does, Tom should have foreseen.

The proper thing for Tom would have been to describe the condition of the bikes and the steps he took to remedy their shortcomings, not post pictures that their owners have obviously been able to identify.

Tom obviously goes the extra mile with each of his customers to ensure their equipment is in top condition, which is a good thing, but those same customers could probably have done without the public dressing down they received courtesy of the Slowtwitch peanut gallery.

Just a thought

"A society is defined not only by what it creates, but by what it refuses to destroy."
John Sawhill
Quote Reply
Re: "reputable" Tom Demerly [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom, that was classic :-).

My bike shop (the few times I take my bike in) laughs at how dirty my bike is. My quick answer is would they rather have someone who trains a lot and gets good results and refers people to their shop, or have a customer who trains less, is generally slower, and nevers refers people to the store.

They prefer the former, so I tell them that my bike is dirty, cause I spend my time training, and I always refer people to their store. Works for everyone :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom is the bike paparazzi!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: "reputable" Tom Demerly [MattinSF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But the bikes weren't linked to owners.....and they were dirty! It's not like Tom was saying "look at this piece of shit this guy's riding. He'll never finish; what a dumbass." He was pointing out (as an obviously bike-passionate guy) how poorly people take care of their extremely expensive machines (myself included).

====================================

Life isn't measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away.
Quote Reply
Re: "reputable" Tom Demerly [briantryintri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
...no, Tom is like the Simon of bike maintenance. I want Paula Abdul telling me that its Ok that my bike is dirty as long as my legs are ripped and I look fast... so I get to go to Hollywood:-). Tom would just tell me that no matter how ripped my legs get, I am still slow and my bike is dirty, so I don't get to go to Hollywood :-)
Quote Reply
Re: "reputable" Tom Demerly [monterey411] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
But the bikes weren't linked to owners.....and they were dirty! It's not like Tom was saying "look at this piece of shit this guy's riding. He'll never finish; what a dumbass." He was pointing out (as an obviously bike-passionate guy) how poorly people take care of their extremely expensive machines (myself included).

I agree thats all Tom did, but he knows this place and within 10 minutes there were plenty of people saying "look at this piece of shit this guy's riding. He'll never finish; what a dumbass." He exposed a customer, who did noting other than drop of all allegedly dirty bike at his store for shipment, to the Slowtwitch Bike Police....and the rest as they say is history.

A lapse of judgement I'd say.

"A society is defined not only by what it creates, but by what it refuses to destroy."
John Sawhill
Quote Reply

Prev Next