Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Oversize Jockey Pulley at a reasonable price
Quote | Reply
When is someone gonna make some over size pulleys and sell them for what they are actually worth. Its crazy what people are charging

Yellowfin Endurance Coaching and Bike Fits
USAT Level 1, USAC Level 3
Quote Reply
Re: Oversize Jockey Pulley at a reasonable price [surfNJmatt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good idea. Maybe FLO will start making us some affordable, carbon ones.

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think the pulleys themselves are not super expensive to make.
And several companies make great drop sealed bearing pulleys for reasonable prices.

But to make the larger pulleys plus manufacture a fully-tested much larger pulley cage (to hold the larger pulleys--the large pulleys won't fit in a standard pulley cage) that is also perfectly compatible with all the major brands of high end derailleurs? That, I imagine, is far more expensive.

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I still want to see data that shows there is a net gain after factoring in the aero penalty of the larger pulleys/cage.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They sell oversized cage and pulleys for a little more than $100. Search ebay "Oversize derailleur cage". Some are 13T upper 15T lower, some are both 15T. I'm interested but haven't pulled the trigger.
Quote Reply
Re: Oversize Jockey Pulley at a reasonable price [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Titanflexr wrote:
I still want to see data that shows there is a net gain after factoring in the aero penalty of the larger pulleys/cage.

I've said this many times and people seem to ignore it.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use 15/13 KCNC Pulleys I got off ebay on my Speed Concept... they are around $20/ea on ebay.

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Oversize Jockey Pulley at a reasonable price [leegoocrap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
leegoocrap wrote:
I use 15/13 KCNC Pulleys I got off ebay on my Speed Concept... they are around $20/ea on ebay.

will that fit on a standard ui2 rear? never replaced jockeys before. i need a new set. debating these vs dura ace as dura ace will cost me 46 from my local shop and these are only 20ish for the pair and slightly larger and cheaper
Quote Reply
Re: Oversize Jockey Pulley at a reasonable price [ahhchon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've never had a Ui2 derailleur in my hands, but I would guess (based on other shimano stuff) that it would not.
Those are currently on a SRAM cx1 derailleur. I used to have a Shimano 7800 derailleur built up with a 13/15 combo. It required a long cage and for me to grind off some of the nubs on the inside of the cage. YMMV

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Oversize Jockey Pulley at a reasonable price [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
I think the pulleys themselves are not super expensive to make.
And several companies make great drop sealed bearing pulleys for reasonable prices.

But to make the larger pulleys plus manufacture a fully-tested much larger pulley cage (to hold the larger pulleys--the large pulleys won't fit in a standard pulley cage) that is also perfectly compatible with all the major brands of high end derailleurs? That, I imagine, is far more expensive.

RAL tech makes some very nice aero 15/15 cages with ceramic bearings. Unfortunately, last time I check they were not taking new orders.
Quote Reply
Re: Oversize Jockey Pulley at a reasonable price [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://www.fouriers-bike.com/...&cid=71&f=68

-------------------
Trying since 81
-------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Oversize Jockey Pulley at a reasonable price [Magma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They have an aero carbon version of this on display at Eurobike (this isn't the aero version, I can't find the picture of that one now...)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't you need a longer chain? Makes it heavier dunnit? What are the advantages over a regular set up?

He who understands the WHY, will understand the HOW.
Quote Reply
Re: Oversize Jockey Pulley at a reasonable price [earthling] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slightly reduced friction from the reduced chain angle. No one knows the aero penalty.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply