Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Giro Aerohead - Fit??? [AforEffort] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
less vents probably makes some difference.
Tape might make that less difference.

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead - Fit??? [AforEffort] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AforEffort wrote:
Read this whole damn thread and still conclusion as to whether there is a difference between the regular aerohead and the aerohead ultimate...

i am still waiting on this conclusion as well.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead - Fit??? [TriTamp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriTamp wrote:
Little concerned about the Aerehead visor cutting into the cheek and the mention of visor fogging up.

But remember you are only hearing from the people that are having issues with that, the people that are not having those problems are not posting about them. For example I have not had a problem with fogging or the visor digging into my cheek, so keep in mind it is probably the minority having those issues.
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead - Fit??? [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the visor fogging to me sounds like a pretty important one.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead - Fit??? [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
TriTamp wrote:
Little concerned about the Aerehead visor cutting into the cheek and the mention of visor fogging up.

But remember you are only hearing from the people that are having issues with that, the people that are not having those problems are not posting about them. For example I have not had a problem with fogging or the visor digging into my cheek, so keep in mind it is probably the minority having those issues.

true. The price is very nice and I like the visor setup on aerohead better than lg p-09. cerebrel price is just a little too much
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead - Fit??? [BBLOEHR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BBLOEHR wrote:

The visor fogged on me in a TT but it was basically 100% humidity and the rain had just stopped. Did you know the shield is removable and there are additional set of magnets so that you can take the visor off and mount to the helmet with the visor essentially flipped around?

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead - Fit??? [BBLOEHR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It doesn't appear so. We have one for sessions and it's certainly not a magic helmet!

If you're taping up the vents you also need to close a bit off the underside as well to mimic the Ultimate version.

AeroCoach UK
http://www.aero-coach.co.uk
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead - Fit??? [Xavier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
interesting, thanks.

Anyone got a picture of the underside of the Ultimate to compare to?

edit*
NM found one

Last edited by: leegoocrap: Aug 16, 16 8:58
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead - Fit??? [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
BBLOEHR wrote:

The visor fogged on me in a TT but it was basically 100% humidity and the rain had just stopped. Did you know the shield is removable and there are additional set of magnets so that you can take the visor off and mount to the helmet with the visor essentially flipped around?

That's a really a nice feature and one of the reasons I'm leaning towards the aerohead. The lg p-09 can be found much cheaper but it doesn't seem the visor setup is nearly as good.
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead - Fit??? [leegoocrap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://cyclingmagazine.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/20160307-141824-1024x691.jpg

AeroCoach UK
http://www.aero-coach.co.uk
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead - Fit??? [Xavier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Xavier wrote:
http://cyclingmagazine.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/20160307-141824-1024x691.jpg

hah, beat me to it. Thanks

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As I told TG, just ride faster when the visor fogs up, it helps a bit :)

I have never had glasses or visors not fog up on really humid days, ie >95% with little wind blowing on you
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll try the small and return it if it doesn't fit properly.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead - Fit??? [jeffp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jeffp wrote:
As I told TG, just ride faster when the visor fogs up, it helps a bit :)

I have never had glasses or visors not fog up on really humid days, ie >95% with little wind blowing on you

I've rarely had glasses fog up on me unless I've moved say from a car with a/c out into the humid warm air. I'm not really too worried about it if I buy the aerohead since it appears easy to remove the visor and attach to helmet pretty easily if it were a problem
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you are not putting out enough heat then, from your face :)

I ripped mine off as soon as I crossed the line on Saturday and put it up top. while it fogged during the TT, it was never enough that I couldn't see somewhat up the road. but then they were fairly empty roads as I started 30 sec after the last P12 guy, so few to pass/worry about.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jeffp wrote:

I ripped mine off as soon as I crossed the line on Saturday and put it up top. while it fogged during the TT, it was never enough that I couldn't see somewhat up the road. but then they were fairly empty roads as I started 30 sec after the last P12 guy, so few to pass/worry about.

I've used my aerohead a few times and the visor has fogged up, but it's primarily in the morning when humidity has been really high. I also used it for another ride during the day and it didn't fog up, but I noticed how much warmer it is than my other helmets.

It's a nice helmet and it def. feels faster. I also notice that if you're not in an aero position, the air "screams" around it.
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead - Fit??? [d00d] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah, mine only fogged up once in 5 uses.

also, the front is so think/deep that it is really easy to get that to hit your arms if you put your head down
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jeffp wrote:

I guess I'm just not working hard enough. :)

It's a very cool looking helmet
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
d00d wrote:
jeffp wrote:

I've used my aerohead a few times and the visor has fogged up, but it's primarily in the morning when humidity has been really high. I also used it for another ride during the day and it didn't fog up, but I noticed how much warmer it is than my other helmets.

It's a nice helmet and it def. feels faster. I also notice that if you're not in an aero position, the air "screams" around it.

The giro ultimate aerohead is going to be that much warmer then because it doesn't have the vents on top.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriTamp wrote:
d00d wrote:
jeffp wrote:

The giro ultimate aerohead is going to be that much warmer then because it doesn't have the vents on top.

I can't say that the vents do much venting, though. I'm not complaining, though...I can handle a bit of heat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ride faster=better cooling
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Interesting that Nick at TriRig says the Aerohead MIPS has better ventilation than the P09. For those who have tried both, what do you think?

I tend to be susceptible to overheating so I prefer to run my P09 without visor. Not really a viable option with the Aerohead. For those who have tried both, how would you rate the ventilation for the Aerohead in comparison to the P09 with and without visor?

Amateur recreational hobbyist cyclist
https://www.strava.com/athletes/337152
https://vimeo.com/user11846099
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead - Fit??? [refthimos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
refthimos wrote:
Interesting that Nick at TriRig says the Aerohead MIPS has better ventilation than the P09. For those who have tried both, what do you think?

I tend to be susceptible to overheating so I prefer to run my P09 without visor. Not really a viable option with the Aerohead. For those who have tried both, how would you rate the ventilation for the Aerohead in comparison to the P09 with and without visor?

I don't ride the P09 w/visor, but with that being said, the Aerohead is much hotter. The P09 is a thing of beauty when it comes to heat.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead - Fit??? [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just got the helmet and have done a couple of test rides. Fogging for me (80 degrees with 90% humidity in Florida) has been a problem. I put some defog on lens and it helped. My question is how much will I give up if I use it without visor. I'm racing an international tri on Saturday in similar conditions. For reference- I have a pretty good position (for a 52 year old), running latex tubes/disk, speed concept 2nd gen. I will aim for a NP of about 220w or so (FTP 240)- course is flat and fast; I have averaged 23+ before on same course on 208w.

thanks for any assistance.

Steve
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead - Fit??? [shelgemo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got mine in today and good news is the small will fit. Bad news is visor was cracked upon arrival.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply

Prev Next