Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official power2max support thread [power2max] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a stock 2015 Cervelo P2. This will be my first time owning a PM. Can you send me a note and tell me exactly what data I need to place my order.....and where I might find it (on my bike)? I sent you a private message asking this same question, last week.

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [IHOP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If your wife has a Classic FSA I'm assuming it's on Gossamer cranks. That said, the axle standard on those cranks is called MegaExo. There are no issues using a MegaExo crank in a BB30 frame provided you get the corresponding BB. The only time it would be really problematic is if you were getting a BB386EVO frame or potentially a BB30A which is a standard that's unique to Cannondale (but not on all of their bikes).
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [Power2maxNA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the response. Yes it is on Gossamer cranks. She is moving away from the Cannondale and towards the 2014 Specialized. I believe the Specialized is a BB30, not a BB30A....but I will double check.

Thanks again. We've had your PM on our bikes for a few years now and they continue to work great. Thanks for the great product and customer service.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [nc452010] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I throw it out periodically but it's nice to give a reminder...The best way to get your technical questions answered is to email us at support@power2max.com

That said, your stock P2 has a BBRight BB and it'll likely have a FSA Gossamer BB30 crank (it's OEM for Cervelo so it's a little different than the typical BB30 Gossamer). If you can confirm this then you're going to need a few things. If you wanted a lateral move than the model you'll want is the Type S FSA Gossamer BB386EVO. You can switch BCD's at this point if you want because, unfortunately, you won't be able to use the stock rings that come on the FSA (there's a photo in our FAQ's of what happens to the small ring when you try). Do make sure you get the same crank length unless you want to change that up too. You can use the same BB but you'll also need to get FSA's BB386EVO/BBRight adapter.

That said, you can really get any model we produce provided you get the corresponding BB for BBRight. I only suggest the FSA Gossamer 386EVO now because it's essentially the same thing you likely have now.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [IHOP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No need to check the BB, it won't be a BB30A if it's a Specialized. Happy to hear you're getting good use out of your power meter.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Power2MAX....

I have an S-Works Tarmac with pf30 and S-Works crank (compact). Original owner, and about 57k miles. If I purchase the FSA Light crank/PM, which is based on BB386EVO, will the resultant "Q" be greater that what currently exists due to adapting the pf30 to wider 386? The FSA arms do not look as thick as my Spec arms so perhaps it mitigates any increase in system width (or Q). I guess the other option is to just purchase the spider for Spec crank but, I wanted to buy a new crank and rings as 57k miles is adding up.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [NealH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have that S-Works carbon crank..... you can simply buy the power2max spider to mount on the crank arms (that is the solution I am shooting for).

David

David T-D
http://www.tilburydavis.com
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [tilburs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is true, but my crank arms are suitably scratched up and the rings are long in the tooth, so to speak. Its easier for me just to buy a new system (crank/PM/Rings). A new set of S-Works crank arms are too expensive.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
True aesthetically :-)

But Praxis rings or wickwerks rings and P"M spider pretty sweet ;-)

David T-D
http://www.tilburydavis.com
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [TJM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TJM wrote:
I have a classic. Put in a brand new battery, got the green flashing light, gamin head unit says connected, shows device details, but no power reading. I get cadence, but no power. Any ideas?

After my bike shop tightened my power2max spider to the crank (as it was creaking before) I've had this exact problem.

My power2max classic is correctly ID'ed and connected to my Garmin, is using a correct Renata battery and is showing cadence readings, but power is shown as simply 0 w.

Any ideas? It was working perfectly before going into the bike shop. Could the bike shop have done something that caused this?
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [ThisFarmingMan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't think of anything that your shop could have done to affect the unit's ability to function that said, I'm not totally convinced it's the power meter. You say that your power meter is transmitting cadence but not power...There's no way to divorce the signal in the transmission so whenever I hear this I think head unit. Is the green light flashing when you "wake" your power meter up? If it isn't the battery is dead. If it is, then you may want to try another head unit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's correct, the Q factor on the Specialized cranks should be narrower than the BB386EVO cranks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Power2maxNA wrote:
I can't think of anything that your shop could have done to affect the unit's ability to function that said, I'm not totally convinced it's the power meter. You say that your power meter is transmitting cadence but not power...There's no way to divorce the signal in the transmission so whenever I hear this I think head unit. Is the green light flashing when you "wake" your power meter up? If it isn't the battery is dead. If it is, then you may want to try another head unit.

Thanks for the quick reply. No water was visible in the battery compartment, but I'm suspecting it might have been caused by an invisible water ingress, as it started working, when I took the battery out overnight and blow dried the battery compartment the next day.

I had been riding in the rain for several hours some days before, so it's still a bit odd that it only stopped working later on if water was indeed the culprit.

But it's comforting that it's simply a peculiar coincidence that it happened right after the shop tightened it.

I tried connecting it to my phone, before drying the compartment, and it was the same thing. The green light was flashing, when I took the battery out and inserted it again, so it didn't seem to be battery related either.

In any case, it's now working, and I'm happy!
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [ThisFarmingMan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Glad to hear it's all working out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi

I have a Felt IA4, equipped with a Vision Trimax Pro Tri BB30 crankset, with a Vision BB30 bottom bracket. The BCD is 110mm, what would be the best cost effective solution, in order to use the existing bottom braket and chain rings?

Best Regards

Horacio
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [horaciol] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The best option for you, since you'd like to reuse the existing BB, is to get the Type S FSA Gossamer BB386EVO. It'll have the same 30mm diameter axle that your existing crank does so that will be fine. That said, I get the impression that Vision chain rings are really just rebranded FSA chain rings. So, if that's the case, you probably won't be able to reuse the chain rings since the OEM FSA rings don't work so well on after-market spiders (see our FAQs). You can try but I'd be prepared to replace the rings. The good news is that that particular power meter model is only $630 for both cranks and power meter so even with the Praxis rings it's still pretty affordable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are there any plans for a sram mtb spider? I think most of the serious XC racers I know are on xx1 or x01 cranks.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [commendatore] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
commendatore wrote:
Are there any plans for a sram mtb spider? I think most of the serious XC racers I know are on xx1 or x01 cranks.

Yeah Quarq owns this (admittedly very small) market right now, which is somewhat unfortunate because they are very expensive.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [commendatore] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm sorry to say I don't believe anything like that is on the horizon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can anyone confirm that for P2Max Rotor 3D24 the crank itself is the same regardless if the BCD is 110 or 130? Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [Deathwish86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's correct. So long as you have a 24mm diameter Rotor, the interface is the same regardless of the BCD.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is there any way to check if a Classic is gen1 or 2? Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [horaciol] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The inner ring from FSA/vision has little groves where it attached to the spider which makes it not fit. As a cheaper solution I kept my vision big ring and bought a shimano 6700 small ring off Amazon for maybe $20. It shifts just fine on my TT bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [Deathwish86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If the power meter has L/R balance you know it's G2.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [power2max] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

We have got something NEW for you.... the power2max NG.
Check it out: http://ngpowermeter.power2max.com/en/

My TT bike
BMC TM01
Quote Reply

Prev Next