Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Giro Aerohead [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
glad you got that to work very comfy helmet, more so than my A2, ie no pressure on ears much nicer than selector which just did not come in the right size for me.
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead [Jim@EROsports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just received this helmet for my birthday yesterday and I have a race this Sunday that I want to try the helmet out. I can't decide if I should have the visor in the up position because it's easier to get on my head and the. Just bring it down once I'm in the bike or just suck it up and have the visor down. What's your thoughts?
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead [GiroSportDesign] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi, saw that replacement lenses would be ready for october, but what about just the magnets? One of mine fell off and rattles now.
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead [Ngarrett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ngarrett wrote:
I just received this helmet for my birthday yesterday and I have a race this Sunday that I want to try the helmet out. I can't decide if I should have the visor in the up position because it's easier to get on my head and the. Just bring it down once I'm in the bike or just suck it up and have the visor down. What's your thoughts?

I'd leave it in the down position...the lens is kind of awkward if you're using one hand instead of two. I tried putting it on with the lens down and the magnets around the ears separate a little, the snap back into place.
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead [jeffp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
raced in it today. seems like it is a wash vs my A2 just based on observation and speed v power
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just purchased one for the wife. Great quality, great fit. Very impressed.

https://www.pbandjcoaching.com
https://www.thisbigroadtrip.com
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead [d00d] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BTW. Raced it this morning and yes it is fast although still hard to tell compared to other helmets without being in a wind tunnel, but it felt fast and the weight is no issue at all. The visor just like a few others are commenting does hit my cheek also so I'll have to tinker with helmet placement on my head to alleviate that. I now have 3 aero helmets and I guess since this is the newest I'll wear it from now on, although I might just buy different colored kits and just be one of those guys that matches head to toe.
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead [Ngarrett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jeffp wrote:
raced in it today. seems like it is a wash vs my A2 just based on observation and speed v power

Are you saying it was a wash in the Aerohead's favor?

Ngarrett wrote:
BTW. Raced it this morning and yes it is fast although still hard to tell compared to other helmets without being in a wind tunnel, but it felt fast and the weight is no issue at all. The visor just like a few others are commenting does hit my cheek also so I'll have to tinker with helmet placement on my head to alleviate that. I now have 3 aero helmets and I guess since this is the newest I'll wear it from now on, although I might just buy different colored kits and just be one of those guys that matches head to toe.

I did a 13 mile TT on Friday and it felt faster for me, too. I like this helmet.
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead [d00d] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I cant really say since conditions for the two times I was on the course I rode yesterday were not the same. wind speed, direction, temperature and actually course were all different. but the speed given watts were close. i'd have to do too much calc'ing to get a better back of napkin est that might be wrong. but I like the feel over the A2 and like the visor so I will stick with it until such time as I find it is not faster for me :)

had 29.5 mph on 311w over 33k A2, 78F, wind opposite direction and lighter vs 29.8mph on 335w over 19k and 70F. have not calc'd air densities

speeds out and back indicate it was windier yesterday on the 19k
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead [onceatriathlet3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
onceatriathlet3 wrote:
Hi, saw that replacement lenses would be ready for october, but what about just the magnets? One of mine fell off and rattles now.

IIRC, another poster had the same issue and Giro stepped up and took care of it.
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead [Bryan0721] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome, I hope to hear from them soon then! Thanks for the heads up.
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead [onceatriathlet3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PM GiroSportDesign or call 1-800-456-2355.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was wondering what people think of the gap that I have between the helmet and my back with the Aerohead? S/M Selector on the left, M Aerohead on the right (tried the S Aerohead, and it's too small).

I can only think I have a long neck compared to average, as other people I've seen wearing them don't look to have a gap like that. I tried it in a TT yesterday and from most ways of looking at the outcome, it seemed to work well, but it was a TT where I wasn't too bothered if it made me a bit slower, and I have a TT next weekend where I'm a lot more keen to save every last Watt. I wouldn't be able to differentiate between it being 2W faster or 2W slower from just one TT. So I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has a similar gap with the Aerohead but has nonetheless found it to be faster.
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead - Fit??? [splittingfield] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So, wore the helmet during an Olympic Tri yesterday. Solved the cheek cutting problem by tilting it back a bit (which actually made it have a better alignment with eyeball aero analysis) but was dealing with the lens fogging up. Anyone else have experience with this? It felt good and fast and more importantly the other athletes were asking me about it as I had the “cool gear”, but the fogging up was annoying.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have had it fog up twice on me - my solution was to do a slight tilt up to get more airflow for a few seconds and it cleared up for the rest of the ride. Reminded me of a car defroster
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I raced with it for the first time at age group nats yesterday. I had to tilt mine back a little and tighten the retention strap and it kept the visor off my cheeks.

I didnt have any issues with mine fogging up. I did have quite a bit of sweat dripping on the visor. It didn't bother me but I wasnt expecting that to happen.
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead - Fit??? [j.shanney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Picked mine up Saturday night. Was able to fit my head into a small after removing the padding. Visor digs into cheeks slightly, but otherwise seems ok. Visor is tight against ears but not so tight as to compromise the magnets hold. Looks pretty silly standing up straight (like it's too small) but once down in aero fit is nice. Can get the front of my head much lower than in my Spec TT while still being able to see fine down the road.

Hoping to go out and do some aerolab testing in it this week.

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead - Fit??? [leegoocrap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are these fitting true to size? I measure at 21.5" so at the end of the small size.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead - Fit??? [JackStraw13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A small will be very tight. ( I measure 21.75) uncomfortably so. But it will literally go on your head. (at least without the padding inside)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
leegoocrap wrote:
A small will be very tight. ( I measure 21.75) uncomfortably so. But it will literally go on your head. (at least without the padding inside)

Crap, I just ordered it. Did you go with small or medium?

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead - Fit??? [JackStraw13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JackStraw13 wrote:
leegoocrap wrote:

I have a small. In picture above you can see how it fits kind of. (I have quite a bit of hair, you might get a little extra space with shorter hair) If you look at different athletes wearing it, you can kind of pick out who sized up and who sized down, mainly by how much ear you can see sticking out from the end of the visor.

It depends on how you want it to fit... I wanted to get the smallest I could get my head in... but I only TT and only have to put up with it an hour or less.

I think the biggest issue you'll find in going with the small is that the visor will dig into your cheeks most likely.

Edit: better picture for reference of helmet fit. Maybe NSFW, man boob hangin' out.

Last edited by: leegoocrap: Aug 16, 16 5:04
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
leegoocrap wrote:
JackStraw13 wrote:
leegoocrap wrote:

I have a small. In picture above you can see how it fits kind of. (I have quite a bit of hair, you might get a little extra space with shorter hair) If you look at different athletes wearing it, you can kind of pick out who sized up and who sized down, mainly by how much ear you can see sticking out from the end of the visor.

It depends on how you want it to fit... I wanted to get the smallest I could get my head in... but I only TT and only have to put up with it an hour or less.

I think the biggest issue you'll find in going with the small is that the visor will dig into your cheeks most likely.

Edit: better picture for reference of helmet fit. Maybe NSFW, man boob hangin' out.

I'm confused. How can you see anything but your wheel in that position?
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead - Fit??? [TriTamp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
actually it's hands that are the primary thing in the way. The aerohead is actually great if your head is low'ish (at least the way mine sits) I have a much cleaner line of site than in my Spec TT or Giro Selector. You get used to it.
FWIW again, TT'ing, not Tri. Much less to dodge.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
leegoocrap wrote:
actually it's hands that are the primary thing in the way. The aerohead is actually great if your head is low'ish (at least the way mine sits) I have a much cleaner line of site than in my Spec TT or Giro Selector. You get used to it.
FWIW again, TT'ing, not Tri. Much less to dodge.

Cool. I don't keep my head that low yet. I'm working on keeping it lower. Not sure I'll get that low. Working on my strength and flexibility in upper back and shoulders. Mostly for swimming but figured it will help making a lower head position more tolerable. I'm deciding between Giro Aerohead, LG P-09, and POC Cerebel right now. I like the Cerebel but price is a little more than I want to spend. Comfort is pretty important to me. Little concerned about the Aerehead visor cutting into the cheek and the mention of visor fogging up.
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead - Fit??? [TriTamp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Read this whole damn thread and still conclusion as to whether there is a difference between the regular aerohead and the aerohead ultimate...
Quote Reply

Prev Next