Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Conceal Carry Recommendations [gshtrisport] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gshtrisport wrote:
Are we seriously having a debate on where and how to carry a gun on a bike? Seriously? How sad is this....

Not sad, but scary. Very scary.

no sponsors | no races | nothing to see here
Quote Reply
Re: Conceal Carry Recommendations [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Come on, Francois, regardless of what the NRA and gun lobby would have you believe, regular bullets won't stop zombies.

That aside, if someone tries to steal my bike I definitely want more stopping power than a handgun. For sure full auto, because my ride is more valuable than a human life.
Quote Reply
Re: Conceal Carry Recommendations [philly1x] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you're scared of guns, maybe you shouldn't carry one.

I ask all my friends who don't own guns to do one thing.......tell me EXACTLY what you would do, if confronted with a life-threatening situation....and you aren't armed?

"Cower" is not something I will be relegated to. Your choice, though.
Quote Reply
Re: Conceal Carry Recommendations [philly1x] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
philly1x wrote:
gshtrisport wrote:
Are we seriously having a debate on where and how to carry a gun on a bike? Seriously? How sad is this....

Not sad, but scary. Very scary.

Quote Reply
Re: Conceal Carry Recommendations [HBB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's just how these conversations go. I used to run and ride armed when I lived in an undeveloped rural area with a lot of rednecks that hated cyclist. However dogs were the big issue.

I live in a much nicer area now and haven't trained armed in quite some time. However, we have a serial shooter in the area and while his hunting ground is not in the affluent areas I live, it is still to close and too Random for comfort.

I used to use an eagle industries running pack. Now I'm looking at a Galco belly band. I've known a few cops that always carry and run with these.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Conceal Carry Recommendations [nc452010] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nc452010 wrote:

I ask all my friends who don't own guns to do one thing.......tell me EXACTLY what you would do, if confronted with a life-threatening situation....and you aren't armed?

"Paranoid"

From Merriam-Webster...

"A paranoid person suffers from paranoia, having or showing an unreasonable feeling that people are trying to harm you, do not like you, etc. : feeling or showing paranoia"

"Good genes are not a requirement, just the obsession to beat ones brains out daily"...the Griz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, shooting someone definitely makes more sense than handing over something so meaningful as a bike. Keeping your ego intact and all.
Last edited by: Carl Spackler: Aug 11, 16 12:41
Quote Reply
Re: Conceal Carry Recommendations [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They can have my bike. They can definitely have YOUR bike.

I didn't purchase a handgun (or any gun) to guard against theft.....and I don't carry to protect anyone but me and mine.

I have NO ISSUES if you want to forfeit your right to protect you and yours. I have no idea why anyone objects to me not forfeiting my rights. None.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
Yeah, shooting someone definitely makes more sense than handing over something so meaningful as a bike. Keeping your ego intact and all.

This is not the reason anyone would carry. He clearly said "life-threatening".

Be against it all you want, but have an honest argument.
Quote Reply
Re: Conceal Carry Recommendations [dhr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok, here's an honest argument: why is a gun needed when mace will do?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If the law allows it, I'm shooting you over stealing anything from me or even attempting to.

Why wouldn't you?

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Conceal Carry Recommendations [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Because I'm not attached to possessions. Things like bikes are replaceable. Heck, if you have homeowners insurance, it's an opportunity for an upgrade.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:

It's not.

It's not needed if "running away" will do, either.

This argument is tiresome. Like I said.....I have no issues if you want to surrender your rights to protect you and yours. I have no idea why you have a problem if I refuse to surrender the right to protect me and mine.

Spin that any way you want.
Last edited by: nc452010: Aug 11, 16 13:05
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's called wind. Ever piss into the wind?

Carl Spackler wrote:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok Clint Eastwood, thanks for clarifying. I used to have a similar attitude-- heavy into martial arts, getting into bar fights regularly and willing to throw down at any sideways glance. Thankfully my views changed, and avoiding conflict didn't bruise my ego. Call it "running away" if it makes you feel better, doesn't bother me.

Have a few buddies who ride: an FBI special agent (who was on the FBI SWAT team), a county sheriff, former CHP officer, and guy who did dozens of drug runner interdictions with the DEA while stationed in Keys with Coast Guard. I wouldn't categorize any of them as lacking courage. I also know the last thing any of them would do is pull a weapon on someone jacking their ride.
Quote Reply
Re: Conceal Carry Recommendations [ggeiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ggeiger wrote:
It's called wind. Ever piss into the wind?

Yes, right now on this thread.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
nc452010 wrote:
Carl Spackler wrote:

It's not.

This argument is tiresome. Like I said.....I have no issues if you want to surrender your rights to protect you and yours. I have no idea why you have a problem if I refuse to surrender the right to protect me and mine.

Protect what? Your property? It's insured. Your ego? No one cares. And you MUST learn not to care either or it will undo you.

Life or safety? That's the only thing worth protecting. Why not run away or talk your way out of it? Or never get into it in the first place?
Quote Reply
Re: Conceal Carry Recommendations [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dilbert wrote:
nc452010 wrote:
Carl Spackler wrote:

It's not.

Protect what? Your property? It's insured. Your ego? No one cares. And you MUST learn not to care either or it will undo you.

Life or safety? That's the only thing worth protecting. Why not run away or talk your way out of it? Or never get into it in the first place?
Using this logic, every victim of a crime should have never gotten into that situation in the first place? So it's their fault for "getting into" the situation???

I have a LTCF and I often do, not when riding or running, but sometimes I think about it, like the other night when some asshole tried to run me off the road twice cause he had a nice shiny BMW 7 series and didn't think I should be riding on the road, he got out and wanted to fight, I laughed at him, gave him the bird and rode away. I prefer to never ever have to pull my weapon, but I won't hesitate to if need be. How did I know this asshat wasn't carrying?
Quote Reply
Re: Conceal Carry Recommendations [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dilbert wrote:
nc452010 wrote:
Carl Spackler wrote:

It's not.

If you'd read what I wrote, earlier, you'd know I have no issues with running away to avoid using a gun. Life is the only thing worth protecting. We agree on that. That's the only thing I'm advocating for (the right to protect against those threats).

You obviously don't know the rules of engagement in my state. The instigator can't escalate a confrontation, lest they be charged. You act like people are looking for a reason to instigate confrontation. That's the LAST thing on my mind. I am a MUCH more subdued person, since I got my CHP.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Who said anyone is scared of guns? You don't have to be scared of guns to be anti gun! What I am "scared" of is a bunch of idiots out on their bikes with guns.

I am a former US Marine and also a former Deputy Sheriff. I have probably shot and or owned more guns than the average person in my lifetime and I am VERY anti gun.

I would say if you are so scared to ride that you have to arm yourself then maybe you should get a trainer and ride 100% inside.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
heavy into martial arts, getting into bar fights regularly and willing to throw down at any sideways glance.

Sounds like I might have needed a gun to protect myself from you. Unlike younger you, most people who conceal and carry are not looking for a fight. They are just looking to win the fight if one becomes unavoidable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
nc452010 wrote:
Carl Spackler wrote:

It's not.

+1!
Quote Reply
Re: Conceal Carry Recommendations [gshtrisport] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gshtrisport wrote:

I would say if you are so scared to ride that you have to arm yourself then maybe you should get a trainer and ride 100% inside.

I'm not scared to buy groceries, walk the dog, go to dinner in a restaurant, hike in the woods, go camping OR ride my bike. But, I have the right to carry my weapon when I do all these things. So, I do (most times).

I am a law-abiding citizen who's never committed a crime. I am not who you need to be afraid of.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
nc452010 wrote:

So if you don't carry a gun your only choice is to "cower"??? Seriously???

I'd ask you the same thing, tell me EXACTLY what you would do and not cower is not an exact answer.

I am pro gun but rants like this do nothing but make ccw holders look like vigilantes looking for a fight.

Get off my lawn regards.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
Because I'm not attached to possessions. Things like bikes are replaceable. Heck, if you have homeowners insurance, it's an opportunity for an upgrade.

So you have no problem with somebody violating your personal space, having their way with you, and being at the mercy of their whims to harm you? Robbers do kill people they take things from. I guess I just don't understand that beta or lesser male behavior.

Quote Reply

Prev Next