Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
aerosuits for women???
Quote | Reply
Hey ladies.
given the popularity of the thread below -I was wondering if any of you knew about aerosuits for women?
From my readings in the main forum, the ones w sleeves (without wrinkles) are the fastest. I haven't seen any out there for us. Has anyone tried a mens speed suit - and if so, how much success did you have?

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...P5779340-2/#p5800079

Quote Reply
Re: aerosuits for women??? [nad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nad wrote:
Hey ladies.

given the popularity of the thread below -I was wondering if any of you knew about aerosuits for women?
From my readings in the main forum, the ones w sleeves (without wrinkles) are the fastest. I haven't seen any out there for us. Has anyone tried a mens speed suit - and if so, how much success did you have?

I had the opportunity for a custom-team-order one of these (women's):
http://us-store.sugoi.com/collections/womens-tri/products/37106f-womens-rs-tri-speedsuit
but I don't like sleeves, so I went with the sleeveless instead, which so far I like except that I am only ~5 feet tall and the XS is too long-waisted for me, so I am visiting the tailor on Friday to see if I can shrink it without losing the sponsor placement. The legs are awesome, no grippers, and the neckline is high. Chamois is comfy except for the seaming against my narrow-nose saddle, which is typical for most brands (and why Coeur is doing so well as a company!).

Gee

Quote Reply
Re: aerosuits for women??? [Gee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi everyone. It's Kebby with Coeur Sports (https://www.coeursports.com/). We were curious about aero suits as well and finally scraped up enough $$ to do some testing with Jim at ERO Sports. I'll make sure to avoid any "selling" here (except for ERO because they were great), but will say without a doubt, sleeved suits are faster than non-sleeved garments. Jim told (and then showed us) that "skin is slow and fabric is fast". Obviously, the longer you ride, the more you'll see the benefit, but a good fitting sleeved top can shave a couple minutes off of an ironman distance ride. One last thing...ideally, there shouldn't be any wrinkles in the fabric. We found that wrinkled fabric is actually slower than bare skin, so a men's suit that doesn't fit perfectly probably wouldn't do much good.

Given the aero (and sun protection) benefits, you should start seeing more sleeved aero tops coming out for women soon.

Anyway, I hope that was somewhat helpful.

Kebby
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

I had the opportunity for a custom-team-order one of these (women's):
http://us-store.sugoi.com/collections/womens-tri/products/37106f-womens-rs-tri-speedsuit
but I don't like sleeves, so I went with the sleeveless instead, which so far I like except that I am only ~5 feet tall and the XS is too long-waisted for me, so I am visiting the tailor on Friday to see if I can shrink it without losing the sponsor placement. The legs are awesome, no grippers, and the neckline is high. Chamois is comfy except for the seaming against my narrow-nose saddle, which is typical for most brands (and why Coeur is doing so well as a company!).

Gee

That looks nice. I'm assuming the black color is the fabric that doesn't hold heat?
I agree that the seams in women's tri shorts always hit me wrong too.
thanks for the reply
Quote Reply
Re: aerosuits for women??? [Charlotte] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great! thanks for the reply.
Please let us know when you add a sleeved top / suit to your line up. I'd be very interested in trying it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi! Thank you for the response. We'll have one in about 3 weeks. Shoot us an email at info@coeursports.com and we'll get you more details.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mine is actually blue/yellow/green, with only black through the crotch, but the fabric is really light and doesn't seem to hold heat (I admit though my black Coeur shorts are both hot and too high-waisted -- so Kebby please let us know if you make them lower cut for us very short girls!). If I can get it tight enough, I will really like it!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Really late to this thread, but Zoot had a sleeved aero tri suit for ladies last year (2015), but I don't see anything in their 2016 line.

http://zootsports.com/...ri-aero-racesuit-s15

I bought it last summer, did one race in it (70.3); and plan to do all my races in it this summer (long course & 70.3s). I bought it mostly because I'm very fair and it stops the sunburn on my exposed back & shoulders... and a little because I love being fast on my bike.

It accomplished both of those goals, while not impeding my arms at all on the swim, yet still fitting wrinkle-free around the shoulders. I'm much happier in it than my old sleeveless trisuit. The black colour didn't feel hot at all (and is flattering). My only complaint is the zipper creeps open on the run: not a problem since I wear a beast of a sportsbra.

I'm surprised to see it discontinued in 2016. I would not fit a men's model of anything enough to make it aero.
Last edited by: Mell: Jun 14, 16 15:30
Quote Reply
Re: aerosuits for women??? [Mell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nevermind

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Last edited by: Tri3: Jun 14, 16 18:52
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK, I've been digging and found a few things. Check out Tenspeedhero.com, http://store.tenspeedhero.com/collections/skin-suits

Multiple designs. Unfortunately out of my size in the one that caught my eye.

Also found some crazy looking things! No idea how they'd fit, but if you want a good chuckle have a look: https://www.corbah.com/catalog/skinsuits

Also: http://www.paligap.cc/...omens)-(SS16)_7909_p.
http://www.voler.com/...cat=Womens,Skinsuits

I think what I learned is to try searching cyclocross clothing instead of triathlon clothing.

Will report back when the Tenspeedhero I bought arrives.

ETA - The padding in the shorts is way way way too bulky. I'm afraid the TSH speedsuit is an absolute no go for me.

To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.
Last edited by: Tsunami: Jun 23, 16 5:47
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi there,

I ordered Aerosuits from 2XU and they feel really great. I will be racing in it this coming weekend. I will keep you posted but wanted to jump on the thread to let you know that I, too, have heard the same thing.

Have a great week!

Jen

PS. I was trying to upload the photo but no luck. Email me at jen@jenrulon.com and happy to send you what they look like.

Jen Rulon
Chasing that Kona Dream since 1989
Quote Reply
Re: aerosuits for women??? [Mell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi! what kind of sportsbra are you using? I am looking for a bra that works great and is comfy!
Quote Reply
Re: aerosuits for women??? [Schubi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Schubi wrote:
Hi! what kind of sportsbra are you using? I am looking for a bra that works great and is comfy!

I'm not sure if I can exactly recommend a bra!

I'm currently wearing the (discontinued) 2XU Women's Ultimate Endurance Bra, it straps everything down great and is bounceless, in a straightjacket kind of way (I'm only a large B/small C, but have fibrocystic breasts that can be very painful for days after excessive movement). However, I ended up sewing in moulded cups from another sportsbra to enhance the support and give me some shape back.

So if you find anything good, tell me too!
Quote Reply
Re: aerosuits for women??? [Tsunami] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PS - Recently raced a 140.6 in last year's Zoot tri speedsuit and was very comfortable. Yes, the zipper migrated on the run but my hands were in and out of my bra frequently (to add and retrieve ice chips), so that probably contributed. I give the comfort a thumbs up, but do wonder if a different color (not black) would have felt better ~ 2 pm when I started to run.

Note, in my experience it's frustratingly difficult to get back on after using the bathroom, so either race shorter distances or become one with your urine...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How'd it fit on your shoulders?
I have the desoto sleeved top, but lots of wrinkles and wrinkles aren't aero. So I want to find an alternative
thanks for your report
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think it was pretty smooth. On line, my race photos are not high resolution, so I don't know that you can pick out how the fit was in my shoulders. (I may wait until later in the year when the price drops to buy the pics, so don't have a high res copy to just provide the answer for you).

finisherpix.com/photos

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
nice looking suit. it doesn't look like it has wrinkles
I stalker- looked at the rest of your race photos. Congrats!!! you looked great out there
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I do "pained face" really well. My dad and I have some if the most hysterically aweful race photos, but every now and then some are ok.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought a Sugoi cyclocross suit off ebay. Plan was to cut out the cycling chamois and replace with a tri chamois. Instead, I ended up removing a couple of the layers of the cycling chamois. It works for short distance and the price of $50 can't be beat. The fit is good except some wrinkles in the sleeves. Haven't figured out what I can alter to fix that.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sierra Trading Post has the Zoot sleeved tri suit on clearance for $73.
http://www.sierratradingpost.com/...e-for-women~p~9975f/

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Late to this thread since I don't hit the women's forum very often.

Kiwami might fit in the smallest size, It's pretty stretchy though. But Andre might be able to adjust the length of the arm sleeves a bit. I've got 1-2 females racing in these so far with good results.

Cuore which my partner Heath (ex-cyclist on ST) helped design now does some different lengths for arms and legs. I've got several petite female athletes (say 5-4 and under) racing in their suits and they love them. IMO probably the best option out there for women currently

One other option to consider is Scody. They make some women's specific suits as well. We've done some wind tunnel work for them a few years ago. I've got 1 athlete racing in this and she likes the fit. She's a bit taller though 5-7,5-8.

Unfortunately when we've chatted with women, both age group and pro's, about aero suits the response is often along the lines of cute first fast second. We encourage everyone company we test for/with to do a women's specific suit not just an xxs or xs men's. The demand just hasn't been there in the past. This is the first year where > 30% of my females are racing in sleeved suits. It's been >30% of the dudes for at least 2 years now.

If you've got any questions about aero suits or what makes them fast etc, feel free to PM me.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: aerosuits for women??? [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brian
Thanks so much for the response. That is very helpful.
I had a feeling that it would be a small percentage of women who would want fast first and cute second.
I'll look at some of the brands you suggested, and I'll PM you if I have questions

Thanks again.
Nancy
Quote Reply
Re: aerosuits for women??? [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BTW, I tried the Zoot suit and did not like it at all. Returned it right away. Cuffs are made of some plastic-like material. Zip doesn't stay up. Material feels yuck. Ugh, probably why it was on sale....

Quote Reply
Re: aerosuits for women??? [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
good to know.
thanks for the review
let me know if you find one you like
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply

Prev Next