Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Giro Aerohead [kileyay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kileyay wrote:
Will there be a place to purchase replacement lenses for this?

Replacement lenses will be available in October at Giro dealers and on Giro.com.
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead - Fit??? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So my helmet (L - 59/63) Arrived Fri and the CPSC sticker arrived today via FedEx.

My question is anyone having difficultly with the fit?

I have Specialized TT (M/L - 54-60cm) as well and thought the Arrowhead would fit better over the ears. Turns out ears are not much better on the Aerohead, but it's fine. What's not good is the lens digs into my cheeks to the point, I literally cannot wear.
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead - Fit??? [jnielsen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jnielsen wrote:
So my helmet (L - 59/63) Arrived Fri and the CPSC sticker arrived today via FedEx.

I have Specialized TT (M/L - 54-60cm) as well and thought the Arrowhead would fit better over the ears. Turns out ears are not much better on the Aerohead, but it's fine. What's not good is the lens digs into my cheeks to the point, I literally cannot wear.

Hey there - we're interested in learning more about what's going on with your fit. Check your direct messages and let's chat more about this. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a Specialized S-Works TT M/L (56-60) and it was pretty difficult to get on. I ordered a L in the Aerohead (59-63) and this one is actually a smidge too big probably. It fits fine, but is tightened as much as possible. Probably could've went a size down, but I'm very happy with it.

On a side note, I got to use it in the sprint this weekend and it's awesome! I've always struggled finding a helmet where I was happy with everything and this is the first one I've been 100% satisfied with everything.

Awesome helmet.
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead - Fit??? [onceatriathlet3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you ridden in it in the heat?
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead - Fit??? [onceatriathlet3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You oughta try a medium.
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead - Fit??? [kileyay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was about 87 out when I did my race, but I wouldn't exactly call that heat. Anyway, I had no problem with it at all, but I've never had a problem with overheating in a helmet or at least I couldn't tell if I did.

The helmet is as quiet as expected. I would compare it the first time I drove down a freeway in a convertible. I didn't think it was gonna be crazy loud, but then you get going and are shocked at how quiet it is. I could actually hear police/volunteers at corners. Field of vision is amazing.
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead - Fit??? [kileyay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I went out for a 2 hr ride in the southeast in the middle of the afternoon a few weeks ago to see how it felt. Weather was probably mid 90s and humid. Afterwards I didn't see a problem with using it for my upcoming ironman.
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead - Fit??? [GiroSportDesign] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ordered from giro.com right when they became available. I got my sticker yesterday without having to contact customer service. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead [GiroSportDesign] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what can one do to ensure a magnet does not fall off on the shield? as one di to me just taking shield off? I put the 3 pieces back together, but there is no positive indication that it is going to stay that way. nothing snapped or clicked, just hope
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GiroSportDesign wrote:
So glad that the sticker arrived in time and that you were able to race! How'd it go?
Race went well. 1st amateur age-group - :) I measured my head at 55cm, and opted for the medium. Helmet was extremely comfortable, and no problems overheating during the 20 mile bike segment.
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead [jeffp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This sounds more like the magnet might be defective, I'd ask for a replacement lens. FWIW mine seem absolutely fine.
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead [jeffp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jeffp wrote:
what can one do to ensure a magnet does not fall off on the shield? as one di to me just taking shield off? I put the 3 pieces back together, but there is no positive indication that it is going to stay that way. nothing snapped or clicked, just hope

We're so sorry to hear that happened. We haven't heard of that with any of our athletes who have been testing the helmet, and we'd like to learn more about your experience. It sounds like something might have assembled incorrectly on your specific helmet. Please contact our customer service for a replacement at 1-800-456-2355.
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead [DCalabrese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DCalabrese wrote:
Race went well. 1st amateur age-group - :)
YES! Congratulations!
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead [Jim@EROsports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With Aero helmets is it possible to group them, so if one type of helmet works well another will likely work well for that rider too?

From previous testing the Bell Javelin works best for me out of the helmets I tried including the s-works. I wondered if the aerohead fitted in to the general scheme of things or is it slightly more random than that?
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead [boing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bro you already tested and have a fast helmet fuckkk the marketing
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead [eggplantOG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Certainly way down the list of things to update for speed gains, but interesting to know where new tech sits in the grand scheme of things
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Possibly ridiculous question: do you have to write the serial number on the sticker or just put it on the helmet?

Got my helmet last week, one ride and it felt pretty good. Got my sticker yesterday after calling on Monday. Amazing customer service so thank you.
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead [splittingfield] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
splittingfield wrote:
Possibly ridiculous question: do you have to write the serial number on the sticker or just put it on the helmet?

Got my helmet last week, one ride and it felt pretty good. Got my sticker yesterday after calling on Monday. Amazing customer service so thank you.

You can just put the sticker right in the helmet. The serial number is printed on another sticker in the helmet, so you don't need to write it on the CPSC sticker.

Enjoy your new helmet and good luck in any upcoming races!
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead [Jim@EROsports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is there room behind the shield to wear prescription glasses?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jnielsen wrote:

Just got my Aerohead today. It fits over the ears alright but the visor does dig into my cheeks as well...
Last edited by: Henki: Jul 27, 16 18:23
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GiroSportDesign wrote:
jeffp wrote:

We're so sorry to hear that happened. We haven't heard of that with any of our athletes who have been testing the helmet, and we'd like to learn more about your experience. It sounds like something might have assembled incorrectly on your specific helmet. Please contact our customer service for a replacement at 1-800-456-2355.

I had the exact same issue. I'll make the call as well.

BTW, I love the fit of this helmet. I have a gigantic head (7 5/8") and the large fits me perfectly.
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead [Petrarch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I also wear prescription glasses. There is definitely room behind the visor for glasses but if you are trying to place this helmet on during T1 with glasses on forget it. My procedure is to leave the visor off and next to my helmet. When I'm in T1 I quickly put on the helmet and snap the visor on afterwards. If you practice this it will become second nature.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just wanted to give a quick shout out and thanks to Giro sports. They sent me the CPSC sticker via overnight WITHOUT ever requesting it. I purchased the helemt from the Giro website

Thanks guys - and for what's it's worth I set a new bike PR this past weekend during an annual oly race that I do
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead [Nolegs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. Not sure what helmet you had before, but the Aerohead would be almost double the weight from the Atmos I currently use. Does that bother your neck at all?
Quote Reply

Prev Next