Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Giro Aerohead [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
RowToTri wrote:
It's been a week now since I brought this up with Giro and they still have no solution. They say they are working on it. I am starting to worry that the problem is bigger than they just forgot to put the sticker on....

Personally, I am not to worried about it as WTC allows pro's to use any helmet that has at least one certification. What is the rule for amateurs do you know?

I looked up the rule recently on both the USAT and WTC websites and they clearly state that the CPSC sticker is required.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah I know most helmets meet both, I thought I had read that somewhere but haven't been able to find it since so I was probably tripping balls imagining things

If people can see you from the front you're not aero enough.
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RowToTri wrote:
It's been a week now since I brought this up with Giro and they still have no solution. They say they are working on it. I am starting to worry that the problem is bigger than they just forgot to put the sticker on....
I honestly can't imagine a scenario where a Giro helmet ends up hitting the market in the US without having passed CPSC. So that leaves two possible scenarios: (1) they forgot the sticker, (2) there are two different versions and they mistakenly shipped the CE one out to some US customers. I'm still betting it's (1), because if it were (2) I wouldn't think there would be two logos on the US box. Regardless, they will surely be legally required to fix the situation so nothing really to worry about. Also I'm confident the helmet is as safe as anything else so this is really just a labeling issue.
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead [lanierb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm sure they will fix it, but I have IM Boulder in just over 2 weeks... So I would really like it solved in time for that.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And it looks like a solution has been found - despite them originally saying that they could not mail me a sticker to put on the helmet myself:

We are waiting on the stickers to get here, we will overnight them to you if it gets close to August 7th.
Thank you,

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RowToTri wrote:
And it looks like a solution has been found - despite them originally saying that they could not mail me a sticker to put on the helmet myself:

We are waiting on the stickers to get here, we will overnight them to you if it gets close to August 7th.
Thank you,

This is from customer service?

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Will this be something they'll do for everyone automatically or do you know if we'll have to call them to get stickers sent to us?

If people can see you from the front you're not aero enough.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
RowToTri wrote:

Thank you,

This is from customer service?

Yes it is.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead [Lamchop] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lamchop wrote:
Will this be something they'll do for everyone automatically or do you know if we'll have to call them to get stickers sent to us?

I have no idea.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is what I got when I sent an email

Thank you for your email. I have forwarded this issue on to get a resolution. As soon as we hear back, someone will reach out to you. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Stephanie Hoover
Consumer Service Rep
Action Sports/ Outdoor Products
Vista Outdoor
Tel 800-456-2355
http://vistaoutdoor.com

Also I called per earlier messages and they said "they have my contact information from my email and they will let me know" (in a nice tone)

Rep stated they had no fix and no ETA. Kinda bummed they are all over the place on what they are telling people. It is a sweet helmet and I was planning on using it at Toughman as a part of a relay. Still might roll the dice and hope that they don't check the helmet for the sticker and will bring a back up just in case.
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead [Skoot18] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Slowtwitch,

It’s really great that so many of you already have an Aerohead and that you’re loving this new helmet. We’re really proud of it, and we’re eager to see more of you racing in it. However, we’re so sorry that the CPSC sticker issue is getting in the way right now!

As many of you already know, the Aerohead MIPS is dual-certified to both the European EN1078 and the American CPSC helmet standards. Unfortunately, the first shipment of Aerohead MIPS helmets arrived with only the EN certification labels. These helmets are fully compliant with the performance requirements of the CPSC, and although there was an error that resulted in the certification label missing from a few dozen helmets, the important warning labels are present and the helmet still meets all the performance requirements for CPSC.

We’re here to help sort this out. We’re printing stickers as quickly as possible, and we’ll send you a sticker via overnight shipping. Simply call us at 1-800-456-2355 with your proof of purchase, and we’ll send the necessary labels.

Thanks!
Giro Sport Design
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead [GiroSportDesign] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When will replacement shields and travel pods be available for the arrowhead?
Thx
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just got mine today. No CPSC sticker in mine either :/

For amateurs in the U.S, the only race I can recall where I know they checked helmets was USAT Nationals. ITU is a stickler about it too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for coming here and explaining the situation. Mine arrives from Trisports today so I hope it has the CPSC sticker but will be giving you guys a call for a replacement sticker if it does not.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GiroSportDesign wrote:
We’re here to help sort this out. We’re printing stickers as quickly as possible, and we’ll send you a sticker via overnight shipping. Simply call us at 1-800-456-2355 with your proof of purchase, and we’ll send the necessary labels.

Thanks!
Giro Sport Design

Thank you for the update.

Just called the number to request a sticker, and was informed that they are still waiting for a resolution and will contact me once they have one. I mentioned the specifics of this post, and was again told that I will be contacted once there is a resolution.

Ok then.

I'm thinking of borrowing the sticker from one of my old helmets in the meantime.
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead [DCalabrese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I left my name and number at that 800 number yesterday, and got a call back today from a rep named Steve. They are not certain that they can overnight the CPSC sticker for me to receive it in Whistler tomorrow for Sunday's race, but he's going to try. Apparently the stickers are first being sent to California. I don't think anyone has ever checked my helmet at a race anyway (famous last words!)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DCalabrese wrote:
Just called the number to request a sticker, and was informed that they are still waiting for a resolution and will contact me once they have one. I mentioned the specifics of this post, and was again told that I will be contacted once there is a resolution.

Hmm - sorry about that. We will be receiving the stickers at Giro's headquarters here in California before 3:30pm today, and we're planning to ship them out via overnight shipping for Saturday delivery. If you need this sticker for a race this weekend, please contact our customer service ASAP to make sure you're on the list.

If you have any issues/concerns (or don't feel like customer service really got your info like it sounds above), you can also send us a direct message here and we'll help you out.
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead [ccassidy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ccassidy wrote:
When will replacement shields and travel pods be available for the arrowhead?
Thx

Replacement shields and Aerohead travel cases / pods should be available in late September.
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead [Lamchop] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lamchop wrote:

If you ordered your helmet from Giro.com, you'll automatically get one. If you purchased at a dealer, you must contact us so that we have your shipping information. Simply call us at 1-800-456-2355 with your proof of purchase, and we'll send the necessary labels.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Will all helmets ordered from Giro or from dealers going forward have the correct sticker attached, or is there some lot that has already been released to dealers that may not have the sticker?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GiroSportDesign wrote:
If you have any issues/concerns (or don't feel like customer service really got your info like it sounds above), you can also send us a direct message here and we'll help you out.
Just received a FedEx package with the CPSC sticker!
You guys rock! Great customer service.
Looking forward to racing with this tomorrow.

I notice the SERIAL NO. on the sticker is blank.
Do you think that matters at all?

Thanks again,
Dave
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for coming on the board and clarifying this! Will give you guys a shout on Monday.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DCalabrese wrote:
GiroSportDesign wrote:

Just received a FedEx package with the CPSC sticker!
You guys rock! Great customer service.
Looking forward to racing with this tomorrow.

I notice the SERIAL NO. on the sticker is blank.
Do you think that matters at all?

Thanks again,
Dave

So glad that the sticker arrived in time and that you were able to race! How'd it go?

It does not matter that the SERIAL NO. on the CPSC sticker is blank. The serial # is unique to each helmet and can be found on another sticker inside the helmet.
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead [Horchata] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Horchata wrote:
Will all helmets ordered from Giro or from dealers going forward have the correct sticker attached, or is there some lot that has already been released to dealers that may not have the sticker?

A relatively small number of helmets made it out of the warehouse without the correct internal label, so some retailers might still have helmets without the CPSC sticker. We’re reworking all helmets at our warehouse so that any future helmets shipped from our inventory will have the correct labeling. We’re contacting retailers to ship the labels for helmets they may have received but might not have sold yet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Will there be a place to purchase replacement lenses for this?

As a PSA, these things scratch extremely easily, so only transport in a soft case and be very careful in transition...
Quote Reply

Prev Next