Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Giro Aerohead [loosegroove] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What stores say 6/30?
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead [Meathead] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just wanted to give y'all a heads up. Ordered the Aerohead MIPS this morning from Giro and got a confirmation that it shipped a couple minutes ago.

Doesn't look like the option to order the ultimate is live yet.
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead [bbax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for posting. They said they wouldn't be available until August.

I just ordered a white one. I'm hoping it ships soon. I didnt think I would be able to get one before age group nats next month.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bbax wrote:
Just wanted to give y'all a heads up. Ordered the Aerohead MIPS this morning from Giro and got a confirmation that it shipped a couple minutes ago.

Doesn't look like the option to order the ultimate is live yet.

In for one as well. Thanks for posting.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You're the man! Thanks, just snagged a white one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have mine on backorder from Trisports. I'm assuming it's coming very soon. I'm not racing until September so I can wait a few days. :-)

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ordered mine through a shop on Amazon. I received my shipping confirmation yesterday and the ETA is tomorrow!!! Because I'm a tweener, I ordered two sizes. Will post pics once they're here.
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead [BoKnowsT1D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BoKnowsT1D wrote:
I ordered mine through a shop on Amazon. I received my shipping confirmation yesterday and the ETA is tomorrow!!! Because I'm a tweener, I ordered two sizes. Will post pics once they're here.

Why the hell is David's Formal Wear selling aerohelmets? Does that mean I can wear one to a wedding?
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ha, apparently they're also bikehelmetsdirect. Six months interest free on my amazon account sealed the deal.

Should match nicely with my tux. ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BoKnowsT1D wrote:

You ordered thru this Bike Helmets Direct one? Did you choose next day shipping? Link says not expected until the 13-14th, or maybe you just got geographically lucky. Fwiw, I ordered mine thru the Giro site, although I wish I could have done the Amazon as the Discover IT card, currently has 5% quarterly savings at Amazon, plus mine gets doubled for first year. Regardless, I paid for next day, hopefully get it tomorrow so I can use it maybe for a race on Sunday. Got shipping confirmation this morning.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's the one. Standard shipping...as you said, geographically lucky. I put the order in last week hoping it would ship on the 30th as per the ETA on other sites.

Hope yours arrives for your race. Best of luck this wekend!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Standard shipping is fedex home delivery. I'm assuming thats fedex ground.

I just got my shipping confirmation 3 minutes ago so I should have it well before my next race.
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead [j.shanney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mine just got delivered to the shop and will pick it up after work. This Saturday, it's going to the UW wind tunnel.

Thanks to Athlete's Lounge for putting the rush on to get it to me in time!
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead [j.shanney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just put my Amazon order in this morning as well and got a really quick confirmation of shipping about 45 minutes later. Hopefully it's legit since USPS tracking isn't updated yet. Let us know if you get yours first!
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
I have mine on backorder from Trisports. I'm assuming it's coming very soon. I'm not racing until September so I can wait a few days. :-)

Me too - I am happy to wait
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
was there ever a conclusion on if the "ultimate" was faster then the regular one?

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead [BBLOEHR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My take is it would be because it doesn't have the vents like the cheaper version. Jim Manton can certainly chime in and comment but that's my understanding.

I live in Houston so I'd much prefer more vents and $300 cheaper than saving 15 seconds. :-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
My take is it would be because it doesn't have the vents like the cheaper version. Jim Manton can certainly chime in and comment but that's my understanding.

I live in Houston so I'd much prefer more vents and $300 cheaper than saving 15 seconds. :-)

were is Jim when we need him!....... Been in with S-works now for 2 years and has no vents i seem to have survived racing in Galveston and Buffalo Springs, despite the sweat that was pouring down my visor. Would love to know if its 15 sec or 2min difference. Your right at 15 would rather save the 300$ at 1min i would rather spend the 300$.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Giro has aero data on the site. 1 second savings for 40K at 400 watts, and 5 seconds savings for 180K at 250 watts. Not sure who rides 40K at 400 watts so maybe 2 seconds savings for us mere mortals.

$300 for maybe 3 seconds savings for a 70.3 is not worth it at all. Especially when it's 10% warmer of a helmet.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jim said he was seeing numbers much better then what giro was saying.

Last edited by: BBLOEHR: Jul 8, 16 8:46
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It will be interesting to see how they compare if you cover up the vents on the cheaper model.

I'm sure Jim will be testing it when he gets the chance.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I rarely do TTs and so rarely wear my P09 TT helmet, but I know it runs a lot hotter than my Giro Synthe road helmet. I wouldn't race a TT in my Synthe, but I don't think CdA is the only determinant of what makes a "fast" TT helmet.

Much like with tires, we have to look at both Crr and CdA, and we've now come to the view that generally speaking, running 23mm tires makes more sense than running 18mm tires (the decreased Crr of the 23mm tire more than makes up for the increased CdA of the 18mm tire).

I've got to think that TT helmets are the same, in that you have to balance CdA with ventilation, especially as you consider increased distances, warm weather races or simply your individual propensity to overheat.

There are studies showing that when the body overheats, power can be significantly affected. So the question is, yes a helmet with limited ventilation may have lower CdA, but how much does it contribute to your core temperature rising and the resulting loss of power.

Amateur recreational hobbyist cyclist
https://www.strava.com/athletes/337152
https://vimeo.com/user11846099
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead [refthimos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mine just came in! Been waiting and waiting for a tt helmet. I have just been using my Evade, now got this and ready to rock
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead [drpleiades] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
drpleiades wrote:
Mine just came in! Been waiting and waiting for a tt helmet. I have just been using my Evade, now got this and ready to rock

How did you get yours so quickly?!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure, as soon as they were annonced I told my LBS, "Hey this is coming in August, I want the first one you get!" He said sure and then last week he hit me up and said what size and color. Then told me it was ordered and should be here by this week. Then bam it was there today and I had to get it asap (even though my next TT event isn't till Tuesday)
Here is the colorway I got:

Quote Reply

Prev Next