Bloodline
Quote | Reply
Is back today on Netflix.

Rejoice

Oh and Peaky Blinders is back on the 30th
Quote Reply
Re: Bloodline [triguy101] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tell me a bit about it. I need a new series.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Bloodline [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Little slow starting out, but the story will suck you in. Kyle Chandler (coach in Fr night lights) is a good actor. Kind of a low-key show with only short bits of action, but a good storyline. I'd put in in my top10 of the series on Netflix.
Quote Reply
Re: Bloodline [Hokiebird] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cool. I'll check it out this weekend.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mrs Duffy says thumbs down ("it was cheezy").

I like it. Cinematography was awesome, and the tension.

The tension.

What really hooked me is that YOU KNOW what's going to happen from the get go...

Season 2 released. So you'll be able to binge two whole seasons.

There are some lulls so be aware of that.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Bloodline [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I enjoyed Season 1 and will be watching Season 2 starting tonight. I've been looking forward to it for a while so I hope it doesn't suck.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When you're done with bloodline check out Peaky blinders if you haven't already. Amazing series.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I really enjoyed bloodline 1 and PB's

I've just finished happy valley 2 and the night manager

Both are excellent

Just starting line of duty. A great cop show
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Liked PB and can't wait for more, but just watched first episode of Bloodline and have no desire to watch another.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: Bloodline [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I watched the first bloodline season. I got a little sick of it, but I wanted to like it.

The acting is really good and a solid cast. Cinematography pretty good too. However...

First, it was really predictable. I kept thinking there was going to be a major unsuspected plot line develop or something really effed up....however it unfolded just like I thought.

I could forgive the first point, but what really really irked me was the self importance that whole family seemed to put themselves in with respect to the community and vice versa..the importance the whole island seemed to hold that whole family. Maybe just a peeve of mine. Related to this, I do not like shows where the entire "drama" revolves around different family characters trying to protect each other from anything and everything. This series has a lot of that.

As an example, the mom (sissy spacek) getting bent out of shape because someone not high enough standing in the family can't sit at the main table. And all the uncles and cousins are happy as clams as they sit at the card tables and cheap seats.

Quote Reply
Re: Bloodline [Endo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
what really really irked me was the self importance that whole family seemed to put themselves in with respect to the community and vice versa

I only watched the first episode and it was well done and well acted -- but I just didn't find anyone in that family that I could care about. Also agree with the importance thing. They own a hotel/resort in the Keys, so what.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
Tell me a bit about it. I need a new series.

You may have to check in your man card but give Grace and Frankie a try. The estrogen runs deep but it is a well acted and fun series. Great cast. Jane Fonda, Lily Tomlin, Martin Sheen and Sam Waterson.

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: Bloodline [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Love this series. Grew up in the keys. First time that I know of a show being filmed there that actually portrays the area exactly the way it is in reality . And damn I sware Danny, Kevin, O'bannon and his sister where all modeled after people I new down there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I watched the first two episodes of S1, but didn't enjoy it. Cheesy acting, forced tension, and it just failed to grab me. Wifie said the same thing.

I expected more considering the cast.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Bloodline [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmmmm. I'm liking it so far. But, then again, I'm easily entertained.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I liked Bloodline. I stumbled upon it months ago and watched the entire season. Found it entertaining and engaging. Solid (not outstanding) all around.
Quote Reply
Re: Bloodline [Trispoke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It does start a little slow but it gets better I admit Im a little bias though . I got through the first few shows just trying to figure out which location they used for the resort. I also think Ben Mendelsohn is an awsome actor. IMO he knocks it out of the park playing Danny.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have been waiting for season 2...will start binging this one shortly. Loved season 1.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I really enjoyed season 1, I'm doing my best to wait for the wife to watch S1 before I start S2, but I'm getting impatient.
Quote Reply
Re: Bloodline [IHOP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Season 2 is better than season 1...more drama and surprises. This is one messed up family.
Quote Reply
Re: Bloodline [blueraider_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Two episodes in...and I'm hooked again.

Though I will say I wish I had watched the season 1 finale again, just to get some of the details back in my head. Gradually, over the course of the first episode of this season it all started to click.

Very good show.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The tension was almost too much for me sometimes. Unfortunately I've had temporary brushes with people like Danny. I had to quit watching season 1 for a while because of it - too many bad memories - but I still had to find out how the inevitable was going to happen. The cinematography was amazing as you said, and the actors are pretty realistic - almost too realistic for me in some cases.
Quote Reply
Re: Bloodline [Hokiebird] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So in other words, it's a great fucking show.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On number four of season two. Strongly considering looking into blood pressure meds before I continue. Ok not really but damn...
Quote Reply
Re: Bloodline [blueraider_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Episode 1 of season two was great. I was prepared to be disappointed, but no. I can see how this series isn't for everyone, it can be kind of slow, but I love the tension and the little twists. Reminds me of "in the Bedroom" movie from 10-15 years ago.

I just looked up in the bedroom and Sissy Spacek placed the mother of a murdered son in that one also. Interesting.
Last edited by: tri_yoda: May 31, 16 21:36
Quote Reply

Prev Next