Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What should I include in a care package to a female naval aviator currently deployed on a destroyer?
Quote | Reply
She's the world's greatest babysitter for my four-year old daughter (when she's not deployed, that is). She's a tomboy with an appreciation for the nicer feminine things. Midwestern sensibility.

Any ideas? Thanks!

War is god
Quote Reply
Re: What should I include in a care package to a female naval aviator currently deployed on a destroyer? [Crank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some really good dark chocolate.
Some super comfy and stylish socks (Smartwool maybe?) for when she's chilling by the pool haha (ie: in her bunk)
Some Burt's Bees chapsticks, like 1 plain and 1 "flavoured"

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: What should I include in a care package to a female naval aviator currently deployed on a destroyer? [Crank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
x2 on wool socks, wool doesn't smell.
Also x2 on whatever sweet candy treat she will enjoy.
Have your daughter draw her a picture.
If you know what her other interests are - magazines, a book
Nail polish if she wears it

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice pyjamas? If they get their own bunks then maybe a lavender (or other smell of choice) sachet to make it a bit more homey? Hand cream is always good and practical.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
check this out. Also, single sized fluid replacement powder (Like skratch labs)
  1. Hairbands and bobby pins. Just like at home, these hair accessories seem to inexplicably vanish and can be difficult to replace.
  2. Magazines. In some small way, reading about celebrity gossip and fashion trends is a good distraction from deployment life.
  3. Simple drug store items. Natural sleep aids, pain relievers, and cough drops are always appreciated for those days when your service member is not feeling so hot, but not sick enough to go see the doc.
  4. Handwritten letters with pictures. In the event of a communications shut-down, a letter will always reach your service member. The personal touch of a handwritten note and printed picture is a great reminder of home that can be carried in a pocket.
  5. Trending books. Perhaps the best care package I received was from my sister, and contained nothing but microwave popcorn and the Twilight Saga (which I am embarrassed to admit that I enjoyed). Look for books that will soon be converted to movies. The opportunity to read books that everyone back home is reading will give your service member something in common with those back home. Then, go see the movie together when she returns.
  6. Fitness items. I cannot stress this one enough. Sports bras, protein bars, hard-plastic water bottles, and healthy snacks were some of the most valued items that came through the mail. Most everyone on a deployment uses their free time to work out and will appreciate your support in their fitness goals. Perhaps send your service member a book about a new fitness trend, protein powder, or some resistance bands. Some fitness websites will even ship to FPO/APO addresses for free, allowing you to get fitness items to your service member faster and cheaper than traditional mail.

Karen ST Concierge
Quote Reply