Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official power2max support thread [Power2maxNA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
superb, thank you.

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Adam Savage
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [slidecontrol] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just receive my new P2M FSA Gossamer PM, but I opted out of professional assembly, I didn't realize that i would need a special tool to actually assembly the PM myself. Now having it and crunched for time, any suggestions on where to get the tool since it isn't even listed on P2M North America's site as an option to purchase.

Really frustrated and already thinking of returning and going a different direction.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [huskertko] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Definitely send us an email (though I'm thinking I've already seen it). The special tool is listed in two different places on the website. The first is in the ordering process. Depending on which model you choose the option to add a special tool is listed as one of the steps in the ordering process. We tend to recommend getting the special tool even if you don't opt for professional assembly just because it's not something that every shop has. It can also be found under Tools on the website.

Either way, send us an email and we'll figure out how we can help given your time constraints.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you, I was emailing with Michael on Saturday, it sounds as though we had it worked out.

thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Trey, I figured as much but I thought I'd put the information out there just the same. I've got the tool on my desk, it's headed out today.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you get my email asking about shipping options?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did, I'll email you shortly. I know that you need to ride on the 13th though so I'll keep that in mind.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Power2maxNA wrote:
I did, I'll email you shortly. I know that you need to ride on the 13th though so I'll keep that in mind.

Thanks, much appreciation .
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [power2max] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just received my power2max for Specialized Cranks. How difficult is it to install myself vs having a bike shop install? I typically attempt to do most bike related repairs myself and usually do an okay job. I have never attempted to remove the crank on any of my bikes. Is it fairly straight forward with Specialized cranks? Is their anything that can be tricky that I should look out for? Thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Power2maxNA wrote:
Definitely send us an email (though I'm thinking I've already seen it). The special tool is listed in two different places on the website. The first is in the ordering process. Depending on which model you choose the option to add a special tool is listed as one of the steps in the ordering process. We tend to recommend getting the special tool even if you don't opt for professional assembly just because it's not something that every shop has. It can also be found under Tools on the website.

Either way, send us an email and we'll figure out how we can help given your time constraints.

Curious what tool is needed for Gossamer cranks. The tools page on your website does not have any FSA tool options, and when ordering a FSA Gossamer Megaexo PM, there is no offered option for a special tool. Does that model not require any special tools?
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [maw262] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The installation process isn't too difficult if you already have the lock ring tool and a bench vice. There are plenty of videos showing how to extract a Specialized crank so I'll let you refer to Youtube for that. As for the removal of your existing spider and the installation of the power meter, I'll give a few pointers (BTW, we're just editing a bunch of videos we've filmed detailing installation procedures for all of our power meters so stay tuned for those).
  1. Remove the chain rings
  2. Remove lock ring using a bench vice and the "special" lock ring tool
  3. Clean interface with rag
  4. Install chain rings on power meter
  5. Install power meter on crank and apply loctite on threads (either the lock ring or on the crank itself)
  6. Tighten lock ring (making sure it's screwed on in the right direction) to appropriate torque for your model
  7. Reinstall crank on bike

The whole process will probably take less than 30 minutes if you've got the right tools.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [beercity] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The FSA Gossamer (MegaExo) is one three models that doesn't require a "special" lock ring tool (the others being the K Force Light (MegaExo) and SRAM). This particular model only requires the use of a Torcx T20, preferably fastened to a Torque wrench. That's why it isn't available during the checkout process.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was wondering if you guys sell the spacers for Rotor 3D+/3DF cranks for PF30 BB's? Couldn't find it on your site and the only spacers I found is the FSA ones. I referring to the Rotor 11.5mm spacers.

I'm looking to buy a spider for my 3d+ and would need an additional 11.5 spacer. Would be nice to have a one stop shop to buy both together from 1 place.

Also, out of curiosity with your full crankset purchase does it come with all the spacers you need for a cariety of configurations?
Last edited by: loxx0050: Apr 28, 16 8:11
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Please help - I am trying to replace my battery and it looks like I can't do it without removing the crank arms because my bottom bracket is in the way. The support video is not useful because all it tells you that it is "easier" to change with the cranks off, but it doesn't tell you how to do it with the cranks ON the bike, which is probably where 99.9% of cranks actually are. I can remove the rubber plugs but I can't fit a phillips screwdriver in there. I am not mechanically inclined and I don't want to remove my cranks if possible.

Thank you

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [sch340] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey there sch340, sorry to hear it's a tight fit. As more BB shells are built oversized we're finding that it can be exceedingly difficult to replace the battery with the crank arm still attached. If you're not able to get the screwdriver in, I'm sorry to say you won't be able to replace the battery with the crank still on the bike. Which crank are you using? Most of them don't require a high degree of proficiency to remove.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi, thanks for the reply. I actually was able to remove the cranks and replace the battery without too much trouble. I have the FSA Gossamer cranks that came with my Type S. I was concerned because I tried to install the PM myself last year and had a lot of trouble pulling my original cranks (even with the right tools) and ended up having to take it into my LBS. It's tough for me to take it into the shop, and I definitely didn't want to do that just to change the battery.

That said (and not your fault) it seems as though every time I try to perform some simple bike maintenance, I am always missing some tool that is not disclosed (e.g. a 10mm hex key wrench and a torque wrench big enough for that - I now have 2 of them) or there is always some hidden step that is more difficult than the primary task at hand, (e.g. pulling a crank just to replace a battery). I feel like this is way more complicated than it should be, and I am one that is always up for learning new skills. I love triathlon, but if there was one thing that would make me quit, it would be bike maintenance.

**Rant Over**

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
can someone confirm if the current sram versions work with both gxp and bb30 cranks?
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [commendatore] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So long as it has a removable spider it'll work just fine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought a new rotor power2max from the website and installed on my bike. Unfortunately it doesn't work: the power numbers are clearly wrong (confirmed via multiple tests and the use of this site: http://www.wolfgang-menn.de/powerhill_d.htm ).

I have received an RMA from power2max, but I was instructed to return it to Canada. Shipping to Canada is very expensive. Did power2max forget to send me a return label, or is it up to me to cover the cost of returning this brand new, dysfunctional piece of equipment?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hoping someone can help me out here... I've been a happy Power2Max user for ~6 months with a classic Power2Max PM on my Felt B16. It has significantly helped my training over the winter and I'm eager to see the results this racing season. I'd like to purchase a power meter for my 2015 Cannondale SuperSix Evo 105, but am unsure what from the current lineup is compatible. I'm still a novice when it comes to bike components so any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [NateUT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the Power2Max/Rotor 3D30 on my SuperSix EVO.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is it this bike?

http://www.bikepedia.com/...SIX+EVO+CARBON+105+5

It comes with a standard FSA Gossamer Pro BB30
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, that website is very useful... I was trying to find similar information on the Cannondale website (big mistake). Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Personally I would go with something in the BB30 line so you can use the same Bottom Bracket bearings.

Like the Rotor 3D+, FSA BB386EVO or similar.

The 386EVO is kind of future-proof by having the longer axle so it can be used on just about any frame.

Personally I have a 3D+ and have used it in a BB30 (Felt DA) and a BBright (Cervelo NP2)
I also have a BSA FSA Gossamer and have used it in a BB30 (Felt F5) and a BSA (Cannondale CAAD 5)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you able to give me what the weight was for the Power2Max Classic on Rotor 3D 110BCD crank, 175mm arms? I dont think that data is on the website anymore.
Quote Reply

Prev Next