Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Itsthenerve, where to get
Quote | Reply
Ready about this new anti cramp drink called ItsTheNerve on Oceanside race blog. Where do I get some of this? hopefully at the expo
Quote Reply
Re: Itsthenerve, where to get [125mph] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From what I have heard, they will be at the Oceanside expo. It has a spicy sweet flavor, and some friends and I have tried it, some had more luck with it preventing cramps than others.

check out my blog http://theswimmingtriathlete.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you tried it? Tastes like a shot of prairie fire! Not sure if it works or not.

If you were forced into a long walk home from the bar and were worried about cramping you could mix it with a shot of tequila and some tobacco ;-)

Maurice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The product Codename #itsthenerve will be launching in a couple of months. It will be sold at specialty retailers in Boston, Boulder, and Los Angeles. It will also be available for sale on e-commerce. Those on their mailing list will have a chance for pre-sale before it hits the market. You can get on this list through their website.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
125mph wrote:
Ready about this new anti cramp drink called ItsTheNerve on Oceanside race blog. Where do I get some of this? hopefully at the expo

Via Bicycle and Cafe in Estes Park, CO has it! I know the owner is on this forum from time to time.
I'm looking forward to trying it out.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Or, you could get $0.13 condiment packages of vinegar (acetic acid, same active ingredient as pickle juice) and save yourself tons of money.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19997012

Two wheels good. Four wheels bad.
Quote Reply
Re: Itsthenerve, where to get [DrTriKat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DrTriKat wrote:
Or, you could get $0.13 condiment packages of vinegar (acetic acid, same active ingredient as pickle juice) and save yourself tons of money.

Well, certainly worth a try, but my wife is a chronic cramper and pickle juice / vinegar didn't work for her (and nothing more than very modest results from any of the many other remedies that have been recommended). The Itsthenerve stuff is the only thing she's tried that's actually really worked for her cramps. N=1 and all that, but she's certainly a believer. No connection with the company other than her getting on their test athlete program.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sort of weird (for such new product) they actually had a section at some of the aid stations at Oceanside. Anecdotal n=1 friend used it said it did not work for him
Quote Reply
Re: Itsthenerve, where to get [tttiltheend] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tttiltheend wrote:
DrTriKat wrote:

Well, certainly worth a try, but my wife is a chronic cramper and pickle juice / vinegar didn't work for her (and nothing more than very modest results from any of the many other remedies that have been recommended). The Itsthenerve stuff is the only thing she's tried that's actually really worked for her cramps. N=1 and all that, but she's certainly a believer. No connection with the company other than her getting on their test athlete program.

A "chronic cramper", may have an different issue (meaning that your wife may actually have something wrong with her muscles), in which case inhibiting the spinal motor neural mechanism would not work.

I found this:
http://www.thehappyathlete.net/...ts-the-nerve-review/

and the ingredients in Itsthenerve are ginger, cinnamon, and capsaicin.

So the budget conscious athlete could eat ginger daily to prevent cramps, and use a vinegar/mustard packet or a chili pepper for a PRN acute cramp stopper.

Last edited by: DrTriKat: Apr 5, 16 12:30
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DrTriKat wrote:
tttiltheend wrote:
DrTriKat wrote:

If anyone gets their hand on a packet or box of Itsthenerve, please post a picture of the nutritional information and ingredients.

I am a great skeptic, being a scientist/clinician and all.

We (neurologists) have actual scientific evidence that expensive placebo works better than a cheap one. I don't think that pickle juice or vinegar is placebo, but if someone had no benefit from either, and then benefited from an expensive version of essentially the same exact thing, then that sounds like placebo effect (of course just theorizing, in reality n=1 means nothing).

Also, a "chronic cramper", may have an entirely different issue (meaning that your wife may actually have something wrong with her muscles), in which case inhibiting the spinal motor neural mechanism would not work.

Well, given this product is not yet on the market and so far she's gotten her product for free to test, don't think the "expensive" placebo has anything to do with it. If anything that would cover all the various expensive remedies she's already tried and which had minimal effect.

The active ingredients are various "spice extracts". Don't know exactly what's in those spices. Otherwise, has water, sugar, gum arabic, lime juice concentrate, salt, pectin, natural flavors, citic acid and organic strava extract.

She's consulted with her doctor about her cramping and nothing useful came of it. As I said, her experience is N=1 and I can't guarantee that others will have the same results, but for her it's been a game changer. There are some high powered people behind this company, they've raised a lot of money, and are also working on a medical product as well, so it's not your garden variety sketchy offering. And as I said, I have no connection with this company.
Quote Reply
Re: Itsthenerve, where to get [tttiltheend] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've edited my post above. Thanks for the comment.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Im desperate for this. My race is coming up. Anyone willing to grab a few bottles and ship it to me? Im willing to pay you for this. Like Ive said, Im desperate. I always cramp in this coming race and this is my only hope.
Quote Reply
Re: Itsthenerve, where to get [Mankul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been trying it. I'm a chronic cramper. 2.5 hours of moderatly hard biking and my legs want to seize up, even though I otherwise don't feel tired at all, and have only pushed say 80% of ftp. Hydrated well with EFS, electrolytes, calories, etc.
Itsthenerve did nothing for me.... :(
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hmm....roughly 50/50 success on the anecdotal reports in this thread. That's not a good sign given the placebo effect.
Quote Reply
Re: Itsthenerve, where to get [Mankul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mankul. When/where is your race? I would be happy to send you some product. Give me your email and we can connect offline.

- Veronica
Quote Reply
Re: Itsthenerve, where to get [SBRcoffee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRcoffee... would love to better understand how you were using the product, and what you may have been consuming with it. As I'm sure you've been told, the product works by activating the TRP ion channels in your mouth, esophagus and stomach. If you have consumed anything that may be blocking the signal, the efficacy can be affected. Also, when you take the product plays a big role for some people. Happy to chat about this offline to see if we can help figure out the best recommended usage for you.

- Veronica
Quote Reply