Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? March 28 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you?
What did you do for Easter, if you celebrate it?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? March 28 Edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Easter: ate hot cross buns several times over the past two weeks, and made some myself. I love those :-) will celebrate today by buying some 1/2 price candy!

Last week: got my syllabus and class planning done.

Last week I said I got promoted to camp director... two days later they told me that one of the towns cut the funding in half (two towns sponsor it) so unless I can find money somewhere (local businesses, a grant) we're looking at 3 weeks of camp, not four. :-(

I am back at school now. Goal for this week = 15 hours of dissertation work. I am at a conference Fri/Sat (hosted on campus!) and Sunday is my birthday!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well you certainly got thrown in at the deep end! Hope you can find a sponsor.

I had my physio assessment last week - lost 7 degrees of extension and 5 of hyperextension in the left knee (compared to the right). Lost some on flexion as well but PT was less worried about that because "your injured flexion is where I aim to get most of my patients". I have been religiously doing physio exercises and icing x3/day and things are looking up. I have also been on the trainer and on one outdoor ride. The outdoor ride was tough because of having to brace my knee/leg to take corners but I'm sure that will pass with time too. I am mostly pain free getting out of bed in the mornings. So overall, a yay!

This week I'm hoping to get back in the pool and also do a few test runs.

Nothing big for Easter here.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week wasn't bad. I swam, biked and ran twice, and did yoga once. I have been slacking on the weights and pre-hab but I'm already overextended, so unless I find a sugar daddy and quit my job, it will be fit in when it can be fit in.

My swimming is really coming along. I'm finding I can do faster repeats when I take longer rests. It only took me five seasons to figure this out. Also, I ran 6 miles Sunday, my longest non-marathon run since my SI joint and IT band issues started. I feel like I'm getting there, slowly but surely.

We had both sides of the family over for Easter and went out to brunch so no one would have to cook or clean. It was awesome. I bought way too much candy and had way too many sweets. My mom made this amazing thing: It's a quadruple layer vanilla and chocolate cake, covered in buttercream, ringed with Peeps. My husband and I finished our chunk last night and now we are both ready to swear off sweets for a while.

http://mediocremultisport.blogspot.com
Last edited by: Midtown Miles: Mar 29, 16 5:37
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ouch, sorry to hear about the camp issues TC - hope you can find the funding you need.

Yay for being mostly pain free in the mornings Scheherazade! Hope the PT goes well.

HOORAY for 6 miles MM! Though I think I might fall into a diabetic coma just looking at that cake.

I did eat a bit of chocolate, and found some allergen-free hot cross buns at our farmers' market so I could have one of my very favourite Easter things.

Last week's goals:

swim x 3: win
bike x 1: win
run x 5: win with 6
core/strength x 4: win

I actually got in my first decent riding day of the year on Sunday - a little more than 50k riding to brunch at a friend's house in the next town over and back, so it was really 27km + 25km, but a much longer day in the saddle than I've had in months and my arse definitely knows it. Legs were fine despite a tough 20k run the day before, though, so that's encouraging. Speed was nothing to write home about, but I was on my mountain bike since I wasn't sure what sort of conditions I might encounter after last week's ice storm.

This week's goals:
swim x 3
bike x 2
run x 5
core/strength x 4

I took yesterday off (except morning strength training) and just went for a walk. Was feeling tired and beat up, plus there's been a niggle in my left ankle since last Wednesday. Don't know that it's feeling any better, but at least I got a bit of sleep.

Quote | Reply
Nothing big for Easter but I ate too much crappy food/junk/sweets... ugh... I did get a lot of yardwork done, so that's a bonus.

Last week's plan:
- run 4x - just doing all easy ~40min for now, to get back into the habit. DONE
- ride 1x - yes I am going to suck it up and ride EASY to work one day. If my hand hurts after the hour ride, then I will leave the bike and ride home another day. It might take a few of these split-rides to get the hand feeling ok... DONE and my hand hurt like a MOFO. Dangit.
- coaching 2x - again, while a lot of fun, I am finding that I spend a fair amount of time planning each session and sending to the other coaches for feedback & input, editing/adjusting, printing, reviewing before we start (a lot of demoing of new stuff). But it's kind of nice that I'm really only focused on the first 40-60min. Since I can't throw or catch, I can focus a bit more on the fundamentals of movement. DONE and heaps of fun... :-)
- finish my Making Ethical Decisions coaching course, pass the exam (fingers crossed). FAIL - not the exam, just didn't finish it to be able to take the exam (online).

This week:
- Run 4x - start to extend the Sunday run by 10-20min.
- Ride 2x - again, taking it easy, but the weather is going to be spectacular all week so I have no excuse, can even take the pretty bike out :-)
- Coaching 2x
- Doing the MED exam this weekend
- Clean up the diet a bit - less junk food, more veg.
- Anything else I want that is OUTSIDE!

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not bad. I swam 2x and biked 4x, did PT and ran a couple of times. I was discouraged on the running as Friday's run seemed to bother my injury.
However, PT this morning might be on to what's really going on, and that the issue is neural and connected to the fact that I have too much anterior pelvic tilt. So we worked on that.
Now to just make sure of my posture all the time.
I slacked last week on strength training. I got overwhelmed and just wasn't able to fit it in.
Tried curling. it was fun!
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? March 28 Edition [mistressk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks mistressk. It did go well but I find it absolutely draining and this week's exercises feel a lot harder!
I'm still not allowed to run which is killing me because it's 10+C in Alberta in March and I want to run dammit!

@MM - this is the cake that caught my eye (please let the picture upload work). It just looks so pretty! This is the first Easter that peeps have crossed my radar - I am intrigued and grossed out in equal measures!
Last edited by: Scheherazade: Mar 30, 16 7:55
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? March 28 Edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is pretty, but how on earth would you cut into it???

People either love Peeps or hate them. I don't understand the hate -- they're just sugar-covered marshmallows. But after a couple your teeth start to hurt, for sure.

http://mediocremultisport.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? March 28 Edition [Midtown Miles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was discussing the how to slice dilemma with some friends yesterday. They suggested diagonal slices. I don't think they've ever actually cut a cake...
Quote Reply