Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
*NEGATIVE* Feedback of Forum Sellers Here
Quote | Reply
Just want to get one of these started. Since this is arguably more important than a positive sellers thread.

Leading the charge in the shittiest sellers on the forum is Ironmanjp. You can read about Jason Pretty here:

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/.../?page=unread#unread

He's an exceptionally dishonest seller and deserves to be placed at the top of this list.

Who else should everyone know about?

"One Line Robert"
Quote Reply
Re: *NEGATIVE* Feedback of Forum Sellers Here [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh. Also. Since he'll probably change his name soon, note the paypal account he uses is his wife's: Bethan Martin.

If he's smart (which hes not), he'll probably change that though too.

"One Line Robert"
Last edited by: wsrobert: Mar 25, 16 20:16
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hmm, I bought two items from ironmanjp, both arrived after quite a long time, but that's generally normal for me for stuff sent from Canada.
Quote Reply
Re: *NEGATIVE* Feedback of Forum Sellers Here [kram] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So did you not read the thread linked in the OP?

"One Line Robert"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, I did. Generally I will pay with friends/family if it is someone I have bought from before, maybe I will stop doing that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I 100% agree with creating this kind of post. I will add my experience with terrible sellers and add "Hilltopper93" to the list. Here is a now closed thread after Slowman had to get involved along with this guys superiors in he Army.

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...=hilltopper#p5702387

Watch out if he's selling anything
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can we get this stickied please?

"One Line Robert"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Who - Ready4Launch (fka Jersey Quaker). Paypal address wayne.d.wicks@gmail.com.
What - $70 B70 Helix Wetsuit
When - For sale post 1/15/15. Paid 1/15/15. "Shipped" 1/20/15. Quit responding 3/2/15.

Sent funds via Paypal (same day) as a gift. It never showed up.

On 2/8 he said:
Quote:
"I'm trying to find the receipt with the USPS tracking. If it doesn't show up, I'll paypal you back."
On 3/2 he said:
Quote:
"Sorry -- just swamped with traveling and work. Look, I don't know what's gone wrong here. I went to send the suit originally from Palm Springs, CA while I was traveling, but didn't do it then. I sent it when I got back to Ventura, CA, which is when I sent you the message saying it was on its way. I sent the suit to the address you gave me. I don't know where the tracking info went; likely trashed it since it was USPS and I've never actually used the tracking info because I've never had a USPS problem."

He quit responding at that point.

Original thread:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...erseyquaker#p5402637
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I traded some zipp firecrest 808s for 404s with ironmanjp... the 808s arrived at his house Canada in 5 days... After much headache, I did get the 404s delivered but it took over a month. Lots of excuses and shady communications with the guy but he finally did ship the 404s. I thought maybe he was busy that month and couldn't ship the wheels but reading about this guy, I realize he's just a bad seller. I would definitely not do business with ironmanjp again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Let's not forget user Stupidflanders, sent me a private message about a base bar I was looking for on classifieds

I sent him payment then he cut off all cuminication.

Never got my bars or my money back

Yellowfin Endurance Coaching and Bike Fits
USAT Level 1, USAC Level 3
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Issue resolved
Last edited by: drat_bklyn: Oct 6, 16 8:55
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Creyes (Carl Reyes) a member on the forum agreed to sell a Fenix 3 watch for $350. I sent the money via paypal, stupidly under the gift rather than purchase category. He responded once, apologizing for taking so long to mail the watch to me, and that is the last I have heard from him. I have left messages on his personal email, messaging through the forum, and left messages on his phone to no avail.

Buyer beware.

Dennis
Quote Reply
Re: *NEGATIVE* Feedback of Forum Sellers Here [Dennisbley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Most people ask for friends and family via PayPal and I usually have no issues doing this. I'm hoping that all the folk I interact with on this site are above board as I have had no issues thus far.
Then again there will always be a rotten apple in every bunch.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trevor Wende, 20twende, sold me rollers that were missing parts. All parts were in the picture but a few parts were missing in the box. He ordered some parts from the manufacturer that I received, but he told me he had the other part, and he would send it to me. That was months ago, he has not sent the part, he is not replying to emails. I talked to the manufacturer who no longer has that part. So now I have totally useless rollers.

Edit May 4 2017. Seller has reached out and made effort to make amends. I update my feedback to "neutral".
Last edited by: beercity: May 4, 17 14:03
Quote Reply
Re: *NEGATIVE* Feedback of Forum Sellers Here [beercity] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
link pretty much says it all-at least from my point of view

Buddy "bought" his BKool, paid on Dec 7th since then "nada" no responses after multiple attempts to find out what is going on-only response from Rob ( used2B-sub3 ) was that he was sick and would ship it the next day, of course it was pay-pal to a friend, as requested, so getting his money back will be a bit more difficult. AmEx will stand behind him, it's a shame a guy from the industry would ignore all attempts to rectify the situation-regardless buyer beware when it comes to Rob aka Used2B-sub3

From his for sale add which ironically the description has been changed to read just "SOLD"

pots4 wrote:
Rob-the transaction was paid for on the 7th and you said it would ship that day or the next day because you were sick, since then emails unanswered, messages unanswered...what is going on-either ship it or refund the money on pay pal.

Been another 10 days Rob-you logged in on the 29th...what's the deal-refund the money already...it is apparent you are not shipping anything...
Quote Reply
Re: *NEGATIVE* Feedback of Forum Sellers Here [pots4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ended up measuring out the part and getting it 3d printed. So this guy is a thief but I don't expect him to do anything for me now. Moving on with my life...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For what it's worth, I recently purchased a pair of Zipp 404's and a Super 9 from Jason Pretty, ironmanjp (although this isn't the name he uses anymore). I'm in Arizona, he's in Eastern Canada. I paid by PayPal business (3% added), money transferred on a Tuesday, wheels shipped out that following Friday, and I got them about 7 days later. Everything was quick and in perfect condition. Every message I sent was answered within a few hours. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase from him again. This isn't meant to discredit anyone else's experience, but just to share my own and provide updated information.
Quote Reply
Re: *NEGATIVE* Feedback of Forum Sellers Here [pots4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pots4 wrote:
link pretty much says it all-at least from my point of view

Buddy "bought" his BKool, paid on Dec 7th since then "nada" no responses after multiple attempts to find out what is going on-only response from Rob ( used2B-sub3 ) was that he was sick and would ship it the next day, of course it was pay-pal to a friend, as requested, so getting his money back will be a bit more difficult. AmEx will stand behind him, it's a shame a guy from the industry would ignore all attempts to rectify the situation-regardless buyer beware when it comes to Rob aka Used2B-sub3

From his for sale add which ironically the description has been changed to read just "SOLD"

pots4 wrote:
Rob-the transaction was paid for on the 7th and you said it would ship that day or the next day because you were sick, since then emails unanswered, messages unanswered...what is going on-either ship it or refund the money on pay pal.

Been another 10 days Rob-you logged in on the 29th...what's the deal-refund the money already...it is apparent you are not shipping anything...

UPDATE Jan 19, 2017

Well who knows what ever happened to ROBERT DENNIS aka Used2B-sub3 he has not responded to multiple emails from my buddy who paid him in full on Dec 7-he did say he would ship it the same/next day-

He has not responded to American Express who has temporarily reimbursed the purchaser for the $300-who knows maybe something bad happened to ROBERT DENNIS the National Sales Manager for Populo/6KUat Aventon Bikes but he logged in on Dec 29th so he saw all the messages that were sent to him and did not respond.

https://www.linkedin.com/...bert-dennis-ba5b6217

Makes me wonder if Aventon Bikes know who they employ as their representatives, someone who has effectively stole $300 from a consumer in their industry-

Well AmEx has all his info including:
Aventon Bikes
18457 Railroad St
Industry, CA 91748
(866) 300-3311
Email: info@aventon.com

Why does this rub me so bad? Lack of ethics, is one reason-who risks ruining their reputation by stealing-fraud-especially if you are in the industry for $300?

Well it is now in American Expresses hands and they will deal with it-would love to be a fly on the wall when they call his last employer on LinkedIn Aventon Bikes-usually for $300 they just let it go, but when you provide them with all the information they claim they will go a step further-I hope they do!

Regards,

Pots4
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Csobering [ In reply to ]
Re: *NEGATIVE* Feedback of Forum Sellers Here [Csobering] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've sold hundreds of items on here and with admittedly a few bad reviews from buyers, sometimes my own fault but not always. I have been a registered user since 2003... unlike yourself who registered today.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
triharder333 Casey Bateman

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/.../?page=unread#unread
Last edited by: D.O.: Jul 14, 18 3:14
Quote Reply
Re: *NEGATIVE* Feedback of Forum Sellers Here [D.O.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
D.O. wrote:
triharder333 Casey Bateman

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/.../?page=unread#unread
Agreed on this. Blanking me for a month now despite countless emails messages on here and even texting and calling his cell. It's crossing beyond slow communication and into 'scamming me out of my money' territory. Avoid.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am sad to have to add TNTRI Clinton Moss to this list. Sad because I have used ST since 2009 and have had so many great transactions and I feel there has been a general decline in seller morale in the last year(s)?

Long story short: I bought an iPad from Clinton that was supposedly “in great condition with no marks” As I received it there was a clear scratch on one corner and the cover smelled worse than my old cycling shoes. I address the issue, sent two images to document it only to get an image back that presumably showed that there was no issue before he sent it.

His original image was too low resolution to conclude from and due to the angle you would not be able to see the mark. I had already told him that I was fine keeping the iPad but also wrote him that “… I find it frustrating that the condition of the goods is not as described. Slowtwitch has for many for years been a trusted and loved outlet for second hand gear…”
In return he answered: “How about next time you buy something and then mess it up you don’t try to blame the seller.”
I never asked for a refund or a post-transaction discount even thought I would personally have offered that to any disheartened buyer. Bottom line is I was still happy with the price, but the seller is a DB at best in my book

If you want to learn from my mistake:
  • Always ask for images up front
  • Paypal for goods, not family and friends
  • Avoid Clinton Moss TNTRI

Last edited by: rocketbrother: Aug 28, 18 7:28
Quote Reply
Re: *NEGATIVE* Feedback of Forum Sellers Here [rocketbrother] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am so sad to see my best friend stab me in the back like this. I thought of you as a brother.

Man you sell a guy an ipad and he decides to drop it and his wife sends you pictures a few weeks later saying it was broken...but dont worry we are still happy with the price you gave us and the condition. And here I was going to ask you to be my best man.
Quote Reply
Re: *NEGATIVE* Feedback of Forum Sellers Here [rocketbrother] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry to hear.

My story:

I had an unpleasant transaction with Wskksw. He sold me a "Used" felt IA10 in "Good condition, and regularly maintained".

He had a bike shop "Professionally pack" and ship the bike.
The bike arrived rattling around inside the box, Ultegra Di2 rear derailleur sticking through a hole in box.
The aero bar extensions were wedged between the rear wheel and drive-train. (rear wheel mounted in forks)
Rear derailleur left on.
Dirty
Di2 Battery charger MISSING

I contacted the seller and he said he would call his LBS, they claim they put the charger in the box.

Seller offered no resolution, claims he left the charger in the rear draft box and I should look there because that is where it should be.

After further tune-up and inspection. I re-trued the wheels and noticed the rear dropout has a patch in the carbon!
This bike was not used in good condition this was a dirty seller refurbished bike.

Grow with data: Dynamic Sports Data | eBay store
Quote Reply

Prev Next