Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, it looked sanded through. The bike shop is shipping it out today for a new one . Hopefully I get a a good frame the next time around. I'll let you know. Thanks for the input everyone.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Adamupthere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I doubt it's sanded. I wouldn't expect there's much aggressive finishing done after these come out of the mould. But then I don't know the procedure so it's just speculation!
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [IronStork] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IronStork wrote:
Have to be somewhat concerned that demand for the IA line is causing corners to be cut to meet anticipated delivery dates. How does this frame get out the door, not to mention the "Fel" bike.

I agree, I had to send my first one back because of a serious nick on one of the frame stays, and the second one came with a tiny bit of damage that I just accepted.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just took possession of an IA1 frameset and was wondering about the FD mount. I noticed that the mount is attached to a metal plate which is in turn attached to the frame. Does this plate negate using the sticker plates included in a Di2 FD?

It looks like the FD bolt would just touch the plate and none of the carbon frame, so perhaps this was the intention of the design. I lost my extra stickers but looking at the bike I might not need any.

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I Just got my bike back from the shop, the rear break has the end of the cable hanging out and it touches the tire, how have you all hid this so it doesnt happen?

Insta: Trihennessy - Out Rival Racing Elite Team
- Roka - WattieInk - NormaTec - QUINTANA ROO - Profile Design - Pioneer - Gatorade Endurance
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Hennessyr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
so as i was thinking about buying an aero pouch 300 so i had somewhere to put my flat kit, and all of a sudden i was like "f*** it", and i took a handsaw to the calpac. i just didn't want to spend even more money when i had a perfectly useable space. anyways i cut the bottom and some of the front off and then made a deeper basket out of duct tape. now i can fit an entire flat kit (tube, inflator, lever, and 2 co2 cartridges) in the calpac and i also have access to my di2 junction box for charging

Last edited by: jazzymusicman: Mar 20, 16 21:28
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [jazzymusicman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So you do realize you just voided the CalPac waranty right? hahah

Seriously though, awesome idea and good work! If it makes it more usable for you, good job! Will definitely remember this one when(if) I get my IA!
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [clydecat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
clydecat wrote:
So you do realize you just voided the CalPac waranty right? hahah

Seriously though, awesome idea and good work! If it makes it more usable for you, good job! Will definitely remember this one when(if) I get my IA!

Sawing off half of it voided the warranty? Crap ... didn't think of that! lol
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [clydecat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey all.

Can I get some thoughts on whether the IA is the right bike for me? I've read more pages of posts than I care to admit. I'm not a competitive age grouper. I've got a pair of Olympics under my belt with my road bike and some clip-ons, and I'm now ready to move to a dedicated tri bike. At the moment I'm sort of between the IA16, the Shiv, and the Giant Trinity Advanced 2. I don't really care about looks much. The Shiv and the Trinity seem to have better built in hydration, but at a $500 price premium. The apparently crappy built in bento on the IA is a disappointment, but V2 sounds promising, so that's nice. I'm leaning slightly to the IA for initial lower cost with a good frame, so I could eventually move to ultegra di2, possibly. It also sounds like the IA is the most adjustable? That is good, seeing as I haven't spent much time in aerobars. I'm sort of at the point where I don't know what I don't know, but generally, between the three bikes, is the IA a good call?

JustinDoesTriathlon

Owner, FuelRodz Endurance.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [justinhorne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Among the 3 bikes you listed the IA16 is going to be your best value for performance vs. price. Integrated hydration is nice, but not a requirement and not worth a $500 premium IMO. It ticks all the boxes in terms of everything else, and if you really want integrated hydration there is a Calpac mod (built-in bento) out there that will allow you to install a Shiv bladder into it, so you cant really go wrong here if you want a great bike.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [TPerkin2000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TPerkin2000 wrote:
Among the 3 bikes you listed the IA16 is going to be your best value for performance vs. price. Integrated hydration is nice, but not a requirement and not worth a $500 premium IMO. It ticks all the boxes in terms of everything else, and if you really want integrated hydration there is a Calpac mod (built-in bento) out there that will allow you to install a Shiv bladder into it, so you cant really go wrong here if you want a great bike.

Great, thanks for helping steer me. I've only got an olympic on the schedule this year, but depending how training goes, I'm aiming for either a half or full summer 2017. I'd probably consider the Shiv mod at that point, I don't care too much for integrated hydration on an olympic. Thanks for the thoughts.

JustinDoesTriathlon

Owner, FuelRodz Endurance.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [SBR28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DId the Qbox come with it's own screws? My IA 16 didn't come with the screws that go in the 2 holes on the back of the seat post. Not sure if they were supposed to be included or not...
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [roy utah] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi, I bought an IA 10 a month ago in Spain (EU). Came with a Shimano 105 back brake.
According to felt website, it´s supposed to come with:

Rear Brake: FSA Aero Direct Mount

What are you getting with your new IA10?
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [pachanga] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I picked up my IA10 6 weeks ago and it had a Shimano 105 rear brake as well. I can't remember why but I remember reading something about the rationale behind this. I'm sure someone with more knowledge than I will chime in.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also a heads up - I was playing with my saddle angle and one of the screws for the 3T difflock caps got stripped. I went to take my bike out this AM and the cap fell off and went down my elevator shaft (million to one shot doc). Just be careful and I wouldn't wrench those screws to tightly until you're confident you've got the seat angle correct.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [IronStork] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IronStork wrote:
Also a heads up - I was playing with my saddle angle and one of the screws for the 3T difflock caps got stripped. I went to take my bike out this AM and the cap fell off and went down my elevator shaft (million to one shot doc). Just be careful and I wouldn't wrench those screws to tightly until you're confident you've got the seat angle correct.

a torque wrench is the single most important tool anyone wrenching their bike should have IMO. i've been messing with the saddle on my IA 10 almost every other day trying to dial it in
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Spoke to the Felt folks at Oceanside 70.3. They said IA accessories (seat box, etc.) would likely be out to retailers in May.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [srev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If a seat box is made and the calpac is updated, my opinion of this bike may change.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [roy utah] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry for the late reply, but no it did not come with screws for both the IA and the QBox. I used extra ones i already had.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [srev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What was the etc? Was there something else they were coming out with?
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Mcluvin22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We were talking in generalities about accessories made to utilize all the bosses. The only ones we discussed specifically were hydration and the seat box.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the IA10 and I am looking to upgrade it to a P2Max crank most likely Rotor but need to know what size spindle fits the current bottom bracket. So that I can determine which Rotor to get either the Rotor 3d w/24 spindle or 3d30. Not sure if it's worth the extra coin for the 3d+ or if there is a reason to lean toward a spindle that is 24 vs 30? Any thoughts?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Felt IA's are BB30

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the quick reply. So with that it looks like I need a 30mm spindle. Any thoughts on difference between the rotor 3d30 vs the 3d+?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know anything about Rotor cranks so I won't be much help

Quote Reply

Prev Next