Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The New Felt IA [blackadder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When set up properly, that rear brake works as well as any other brake. First check for excess cable slack. Then get spring tension equal. Should work fine.

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree. However, after watching the LBS guys work on it and getting a bit frustrated, I figured I would go with the Shimano. We'll see how that goes. May be only thing I fiddle with this year.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't think this is an IA-specific problem, but I thought this might be a good thread for a solution. I have one of those hitch-mount carriers that basically holds bikes by the top tube. When I went to put my new IA 16 on it, I discovered that the "prongs" (for lack of a better description) that hold the bike are too far apart/the frame of the IA 16 is too thick for me to mount my bike. Has anyone else encountered this? Any solution other than "buy a new bike rack"?
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [Jwizzle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thule Frame Adapter 982XT

Will this work? I'm not smart enough to add pictures yet.

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [Emma'sDad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Emma'sDad wrote:
Thule Frame Adapter 982XT

Will this work? I'm not smart enough to add pictures yet.

Matt

Nope, the seat post is too wide. This is using the similar swagman adapter

Last edited by: jazzymusicman: Mar 10, 16 21:22
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone used the Wheel Mfg. BB30 OUT bottom brackets for running shimano cranks on these IA frames? Any feedback?

Specifically, I'm looking at this one
http://wheelsmfg.com/...s-shimano-black.html

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [erez tt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
erez tt wrote:

How many MM of spacers are under your pads?

Yellowfin Endurance Coaching and Bike Fits
USAT Level 1, USAC Level 3
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [surfNJmatt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Its one spacer of 40 mm and the bridge
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Callin'] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I run the wheel MFg bb 30 to gxp for my quarq.
Its the same as the shimano just 24 one side 22 on the non drive side.works great. No noise and had one on my old shiv with no problems.
Last edited by: erez tt: Mar 11, 16 17:24
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [erez tt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ok great, thanks. just ordered mine

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [TPerkin2000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you remove the Vision TriMax aero?
I'm looking to replace my Tri Rig brake.
LMK if you have it and want to offload it.

EDIT: If anyone removed their Vision TriMax aero front brake and wants to sell, I want to buy. PM me.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Last edited by: desert dude: Mar 11, 16 19:40
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
why do you want to put the vision brake back on instead of the tririg?

Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [tristorm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You need to use your Clay Davis voice from The Wire:

Sheeeeeiiiiiit you think I'm worried about :02, maybe, over 40k knowing what I know. I'm ditching my tririg front to be fair to the rest of you old M45-49 dudes.....or at least that's what I'm telling you.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Last edited by: desert dude: Mar 12, 16 6:27
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well I was going to sell you mine , but now I'm not so sure....

Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [tristorm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tristorm wrote:
why do you want to put the vision brake back on instead of the tririg?

The IA16 doesn't come with the Vision brake. It comes with a traditional dual pivot brake. And a pretty crappy one at that. According to Tririg's test, the Omega is 2 seconds faster over 40k than the Simkins Egg Brake that is very similar to the Vision. Since every company skews their tests in their favor, I figure it's really 1 second faster. I got a very good deal from someone here who ''upgraded'' to the Omega.

If I ever race him and he beats me by 1 second, I'll change my mind and think it wasn't such a great deal!

''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You should take your basketball and go home ;-)

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:
You should take your basketball and go home ;-)

If I lose by 1 second, I'll challenge him to a sport that I can win like dick measuring!

(I wish Vision had done a better job with the cable on their brake, but 2 seconds, one wind gust will change everything)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HELP! How do you adjust hte rear break on an IA 4? i need it to go wider...

Insta: Trihennessy - Out Rival Racing Elite Team
- Roka - WattieInk - NormaTec - QUINTANA ROO - Profile Design - Pioneer - Gatorade Endurance
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [Hennessyr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First, do you have an inline cable adjuster? If you do, back it off.

If not, first thing; release the cable, then hold the pads where
they belong, pull the cable tight and tighten the bolt.

Need more? Remove the brake pad holders and switch the adjusting washers to the outside.

One of those should do it. If not; grind the pads. (yuk)

Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Superdave or any IA owners. I just got the call from my LBS that my IA16 was in and they had started the build. they had already put the rear brake cabling on wrong, but I schooled them with photos from this forum. The real problem, there seems to be a huge blemish. When I brought it to there attention they sorta wrote it off as if that is just going to happen with carbon layups. Am I just being overly concerned, and this is on all IAx's or is this something I should have them send back to felt? I personally think it looks like crap. Let me know thanks.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I do not know man my wife tells me all the time how big of a dick I am and that was before the new bike. ;-) Glad you like the brake. I hated to see it sit on the shelf.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Adamupthere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Send it back. That's ridiculous.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I took a look at my IA 10 and don't see ant spots like that.

It looks like they sanded through the top weave layer. If it bothers you that much send it back.

Maybe it had the same quality control people that let one through (I think it was posted earlier in this thread) the said "FEL" on the downtube.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Adamupthere wrote:
Hi Superdave or any IA owners. I just got the call from my LBS that my IA16 was in and they had started the build. they had already put the rear brake cabling on wrong, but I schooled them with photos from this forum. The real problem, there seems to be a huge blemish. When I brought it to there attention they sorta wrote it off as if that is just going to happen with carbon layups. Am I just being overly concerned, and this is on all IAx's or is this something I should have them send back to felt? I personally think it looks like crap. Let me know thanks.

The cosmetic impact would be the least of my worries; I'd be more worried about the structural integrity of the frame. It's hard to tell from the photo but what is there in that spot where there's no cross-weave carbon cloth visible? Can you tell if it's something over the weave or the weave is missing? Is it a big patch of resin devoid of carbon (unlikely I'd think) or is there unidirectional carbon tow showing through?
If it's anything other than excess material covering the weave pattern, it would concern me with respect to structural integrity and potentially put a bit of a question mark over the quality of these frames in general. But hopefully it's purely cosmetic and/or an isolated case.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have to be somewhat concerned that demand for the IA line is causing corners to be cut to meet anticipated delivery dates. How does this frame get out the door, not to mention the "Fel" bike.
Quote Reply

Prev Next