But i use it as a tool box on my ix 10
Works fine for me
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [erez tt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank's, what size frame is that? Have you tried drinking from that bottle? How is it?

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Its a 56
And no.im useing it as my tool box.
Tube co2 and so.
For drinking i have a bta and xlab sonic on the seat
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [smt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone get the aero dust cover that Nick uses here with the Alpha X/Sigma stem? My shop didn't give me any of the parts until I asked for the bar hardware and don't think it was included with that. I want to swap the stem and put my Sigma XF on
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What brand are the aero bars you have on there? I like the angle over the stock ones with the ia.

Thx
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [Adamupthere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi
I didn't like the stock one also.so this is zipp evo 70 extensoins.
The pads are cee jee.
The base bar is the stock one but its flipped like SD suggest to get more stack.and for me its right on.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
erez tt wrote:
Hi
I didn't like the stock one also.so this is zipp evo 70 extensoins.
The pads are cee jee.
The base bar is the stock one but its flipped like SD suggest to get more stack.and for me its right on.

how much of a difference does flipping the base bar make? i feel really stretched and low when using the base bar. i don't have a position on the bike that let's me just relax for a minute
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [jazzymusicman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi.
By what i chacked it gave me abute 3 cm more stack overall.
I all so used a thick bar tape that is all so add some hight.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [blackadder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So picked up the IA16. First impressions..... What is up with all of the warning stickers...lol. I think I took 5 off of the bike plus miscellaneous crap.

The other glaring issue is the rear brake. It sucks. It may be able to be adjusted but it gives me a weird feeling when you hammer on the brake....the bike seems to straighten and stiffen. It just feels odd. This is my first time with a bike that has the brake hidden on the bottom , so that may be it.

I did notice the end of the cable which has a flexible metal end for the last 2-3 inches is resting up against the frame at the rear opening. Seems that would become an issue over time, with vibration and cable movement. Also, I am thinking the odd feeling I am experiencing upon hard braking due to the cable tightening and the contact with frame. I am wondering if that is correct orientation of the cable end. I am pretty sure it is gonna go anyhow in favor of a direct mount shimano and maybe tririg on front.

I question the set up due to some of the cabling I have seen on here and also upon flipping the bike upside down there was something loose and rattling around inside the frame. Ends up it was an inline barrel adjuster that they apparently lost on set up.....

Anyhow, going to get the "official" fit today and see what's up.

Edit to add that...... even with my complaints, it is an awesome bike! I hope to get some things resolved at LBS , but honestly the slowtwitch hive mind is much more informative and entertaining!
Last edited by: blackadder: Mar 8, 16 6:13
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Post picks? Sounds like a poor/improper bike build. There should be no exposed brake cable anywhere. The inline barrel adjuster should be up by the handlebar.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [shredz2000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[/url][/img][/url][/img][/url][/img]

Ok, so all of this is probably fine, but I figured before my fitting today that I would see if there are any additional issues I should have addressed.

Is the cable to back brake positioned correctly?

And even though the barrel adjuster is present on the left, for the front derailleur , I got nothing for the back which is the one that I usually need to tweak as cable stretches etc. Crappy pic , not showing right side cable but it ain't there.

And lastly the aforementioned rattle that turned out to be my missing barrel adjuster, looks a little skinned up.

Sorry for big pics!! Thanks for looking!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a shimano direct mount on my IA10 rear brake and the cable housing goes directly up to where the cable enters the brake. Not sure which one this is. Not having the barrel adjuster on the rear brake by the base bar seems like it was left out of the build. I would have the shop redo that if you dont do the work yourself. You'll want it to look like this:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
what arm pads/rests are those?

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [Callin'] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tririg Alpha C
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
that's what I thought. do you find the cups more comfortable than the stock Felt?

Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [Callin'] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I didnt really give the Dagger much of an opportunity. I took it off after 2 rides when it was apparent that it wasnt more comfortable. I had the Alpha on my old TT bike and had planned to move it over at some point. I'm happy with the build using the Alpha C and the stock Felt stem. The armrests are wide and long allowing you to find the most comfortable position pretty easily.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ok great. Thanks!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I never gave the Felt bar a chance. When I ordered the IA, I asked about a discount on the Zipp Vuka Aero. I liked the price so I had it built with it right out of the box. I just looked at the Felt bar for the first time a few minutes ago.

Anyway, first 50 mile ride today, just cruzing along. It's a joy to ride, no surprizes, comfortable, much stiffer than my Kestrel 4000, handles wind well. Fast, fast, fast!

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So I wasn't comfortable on the bike even after being fit because getting in and out of the aero bars was a scary proposition for me with the base bar being so low. I felt like being in the drops of a really aggressive road bike and the brakes were hard to reach. I spoke with SuperDave because I was worried about having bought the wrong size since the stem isn't adjustable. He suggested flipping the base bar and cutting the ends a bit. So that's what I did. I had the shop cut off 3cm which now seems like a bit too much, but the bike is much easier for me to ride now. One thing to note is that the palm of my hand rests on the actual base of the base bar now which isn't really comfortable, especially upside down because of the hard edge. But it works and I don't plan on spending a lot of time there, I just needed to be able to get in and out.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [jazzymusicman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You could replace the Dagger with a reversible base bar like the Profile Design Svet R. It will give you a much smoother surface when flipped upwards since its carbon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
shredz2000 wrote:
You could replace the Dagger with a reversible base bar like the Profile Design Svet R. It will give you a much smoother surface when flipped upwards since its carbon.

Not a bad idea. Know of any other (possibly cheaper) reversible base bars? My google-fu is weak today
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looking to replace the rear brake. Would the shimano br-6810 work. It is direct mount. Debating on Tri-rig front and back, but back brake is way to squishy and doesn't grab symmetrically. I may have buddy look at it. The LBS worked on it and it is better but not very positive in its function.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Definitely works, thats what came on my IA10. I replaced the Vision brake on the front with an Omega X, but left the BR-6810-R on the rear as I saw no need to replace that one. It has good stopping power.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [TPerkin2000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome! Thanks for information!
Quote Reply

Prev Next