Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New Canyon on their website [Liaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought I saw option for 172.5 somewhere...

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [ZenTriBrett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
172.5 comes as standard on the small frame.
You could probably convince them to switch it onto a larger frame for you.

I feel that they're ignoring the want/need for 165mm etc on large frames though.
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [Liaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I just interviewed Rob Gray, the guy that won Ultraman Florida, and he's riding 165s. They obviously work! I guess just not enough demand for them yet?

Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [MCSLC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just got this response from Canyon support rep. Not looking good for US

Support Martin: At this time, Canyon has no definite plans regarding sales and distribution in North America. Should this change, we will be certain to communicate this through our social media and email channels. To keep in touch with happenings at Canyon, be sure to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and sign up for our Newsletter.
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [mpc@me.com] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is so dumb. So how does somebody in the U.S. get one? Get a friend to receive it and then ship it here? Will the warranty be any good then?

Last edited by: ZenTriBrett: Mar 4, 16 7:29
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I went from 175mm to 165mm and it certainly helped my position/fit.
Still ride 175mm on the road bike.

Considering all the R&D that goes in to saving their customers a few extra Watts, you'd think that they'd go the last 1% to make relatively large gains for Canyon riders.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ZenTriBrett wrote:
Will the warranty be any good then?

My guess is that would be an issue. If you're willing to gamble $5000 to $9000 go for it. My guess is Canyon would not honor the warranty outside their sales zone for a bike bought by a straw buyer and then immediately shipped to someone in the States.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Last edited by: The GMAN: Mar 4, 16 9:12
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [AforEffort] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is sure long and low. I want one.

we live in strange times where narrative has way more impact than utility or truth...
-SteveMc
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [pirate_rrob] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know if the speedmax can be built with mechanical gearing? they only have di2 components for sale, and somebody told me the speedmax can only be built with electronic components... is it true?
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [triguy119] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think there's no holes drilled for mechanical shifting, but could be wrong.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My new baby!

Last edited by: david222: May 17, 16 12:38
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [david222] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
damn
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hate you. That is the sexiest bike I have ever seen.

2x Deca-Ironman World Cup (10 Ironmans in 10 days), 2x Quintuple Ironman World Cup (5 Ironmans in 5 days), Ultraman, Ultra Marathoner, and I once did an Ironman.
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [chuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chuy wrote:
I hate you. That is the sexiest bike I have ever seen.

X2

How I wish they'd ship to Canada.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do the bike justice and get rid of the downtube bottle cage.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very nice. I can dream.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I strongly approve.

How much room do you have storage area where seat mast hots the tt?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Beautiful,
Dang!

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [mdgreene] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mdgreene wrote:
The guys at the Kona Expo said the top of the line all tweaked out option would be around 7K. I asked him two more times to make sure I heard him right. He said by going direct they can get really competitive with their pricing and said they will be in the U.S very soon but couldn't give me a firm timetable. The bike looks awesome in person even more so than how it looks on their website.

Canyon has always been reasonable on price, even at the high end. When they begin to sell in the U.S., I think end of this year, it will make a dent in the high end bike market. I am betting in the next two or three years at least a few of the big brands will be direct to consumer. By allowing online sells BMC, pina, Argon, Ridley are already increasing in popularity locally at road and cross races. The interesting thing is that this will hardly hurt the lbs who makes most of their money off low end bikes, accessories, and labor.
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [Ron_Burgundy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wasn't there a quote/comment from Canyon that they would not enter the US market this year and it was maybe something for 2017.

Didn't sound promising.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Problem is that you are buying without taking a test drive. Worries me a bit.
I know, most lbs can not stock high end bikes anyway.
I, too, am hoping for the end of the year

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got to see the road bikes up close at the Tour of California this morning- beautiful.

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
Wasn't there a quote/comment from Canyon that they would not enter the US market this year and it was maybe something for 2017.

Didn't sound promising.

I could be wrong but I think it was on weight weenies a thread said this winter was their goal and the problem was production levels.
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [Hoffmeister] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No worries, just temporary for training :)

Hoffmeister wrote:
Do the bike justice and get rid of the downtube bottle cage.
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [Karl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Karl wrote:
Problem is that you are buying without taking a test drive. Worries me a bit.
I know, most lbs can not stock high end bikes anyway.
I, too, am hoping for the end of the year

The thing is, if you're buying a high end bike, you likely already know your fit anyway, or else can work with a bike fitter to get your coordinates and figure out which size and model works for you. So no real need to test drive it for fit. My experience with Canyon has also been really good on this front - I have one on order (3 month lead time in UK by the way, which doesn't bode well for their ability to scale up and get into the US this year), I had a RETUL fit done a few years ago so just sent them the numbers from that and have had good discussions about sizing so I'm very comfortable that the bike will fit when it arrives.

So if you're not test driving for fit, you're test driving for other factors like stiffness, ride quality, etc. I've been riding road and tri bikes for nearly 25 years, and I can honestly say that I don't think it's possible to make a meaningful judgement of these things on a test ride. If I had the opportunity to get a Canyon, set it up exactly like my current bike (fit, bar tape, saddle, pedals, tires, wheels, etc), and then ride both bikes back to back on the same road, then it's just possible I could make a meaningful comparison. But even then I suspect there would be things I maybe didn't like on the first ride which grew on me with time. If you're test riding a bike that is set up even a little bit differently to your current bike, then IMHO the test is largely meaningless.
Quote Reply

Prev Next