Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New Canyon on their website [triguy119] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
triguy119 wrote:
Why do the prices change enormously depending on the country you choose? if the prices are displayed in dollars, it is much cheaper than the prices displayed in euros, or pounds. Why??
I presume this is because sales within the EU (those with € and UK£ prices I presume) will include German VAT due to the single market - you pay VAT at the point of sale. Those outside the EU will be subject to customs taxes etc. but will not have VAT included in the price from Canyon. This should be the case for almost anything you purchase from a company in an EU country.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
triguy119 wrote:
Why do the prices change enormously depending on the country you choose? if the prices are displayed in dollars, it is much cheaper than the prices displayed in euros, or pounds. Why??

Not seeing US displayed in the country list or dollars as an option, did they jump the gun for a little while?
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [tttiltheend] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You guys are lucky! The cheapest model available in New Zealand is the SLX 8.0 at $10,000. When converting that to pounds or euros we are paying quite a hefty excess
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
triguy119 wrote:

Likely a mistake. The Euro prices were right from the beginning and all other currencies wrong. Now appears to be corrected.
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [pad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This thing is radical!
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [jakesdk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jakesdk wrote:
triguy119 wrote:

Likely a mistake. The Euro prices were right from the beginning and all other currencies wrong. Now appears to be corrected.

Mexico delivery shows US prices. Pretty good deal but I'd like to know what the deal is on the seatpost rear bottle holder...nothing in the new pics or in the pdf manual.

I think it will be later in the year before Canyon has a lbs presence in the US and thus support US ordering.
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [dah5609] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmmm - am I missing something here? I can see from £4399?
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [trihard1980] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They changed it yesterday sometime. When I first looked on the site the prices ranged from 3499 to 5699 - I think they were ex-VAT although the new prices are not exactly the old ones plus 20%!!

Based on their latest prices I think I'll give them a miss
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ah cool. Thanks for clarifying. Nothing like living in 'Rip off Britain'. If you are considering it though in the near future, might be worth looking at before we decide to leave the EU!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dah5609 wrote:
Well here we are in March and still fuck all on Canyon's wesite other than "available to order in March"

But it sounds like you're still not happy now they're available, and it's only 2nd March....

29 years and counting
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [Jorgan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A bit off topic. I have a family member studying in the UK. I want an Aeroad. I live in the states and don't really want to wait another year, if we are lucky, before Canyon gets here. What type of hassle would it be for him to get this thing shipped from his place to me, aside from the actual shipping expense?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Too right I'm not happy, they put the prices up by over 20% in one day on the UK site..... another example, perhaps, of them not being totally ready for the new model launch...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trihard1980 wrote:
If you are considering it though in the near future, might be worth looking at before we decide to leave the EU!

D you think that's likely then?

29 years and counting
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not educated enough on the subject to provide an informed opinion on which way it goes, however, I wouldnt imagine any referendum would be until mid / later in the year.

However, the cost of a shiny new TT bike from the EU only has the potential to go one way. If we remain in the EU, the price will remain the same, potentially decrease due to the strength of the pound, if we leave, it would depend on what trade agreements were drawn up between the EU and GB I would imagine.

Probably not the right thread for this conversation, I need to get back to starring at the geometery charts wondering how one earth I can fit on one!

Probably a bit early in the day, but does anyone know how this compares aerodynamically to a Felt IA10? (Fit aside of course).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Someone fire a starting gun, this bike is now for sale on the website.

Variable estimated delivery times, depending on which model or spec level you get.
Last edited by: AforEffort: Mar 4, 16 2:45
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [AforEffort] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also includes some options you can choose:

https://www.canyon.com/download/speedmax/Speedmax_Options_EN.pdf

Can choose to have the base bar swept low, high, or straight. Choice of extensions. Cassette choice, stem choice, seatpost choice all free.

£30 to upgrade to Adamo saddle, and ceramicspeed BB and pulley upgrades with extra cost.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
interesting that they list USD prices! maybe we will see them here soon...i almost flew to germany to buy one. still might.

"The person on top of the mountain didn't fall there." - unkown

also rule 5
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [boobooaboo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not seeing US prices???

Mike
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [boobooaboo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think they've nailed their pricing and its spacing.

4th model (Ultegra di2, training wheels): $5200

+1600 to add Reynolds Strike Wheels

3rd model: $6100

+$1600 to upgrade to Dura Ace and Reynolds 72/90 wheelset

2nd model: $7700

+$1000 to upgrade to Zipp 404/808 NSW

1st model: $8700

If you already have the wheelset you want, you're going to go with the bottom spec, but if you're looking for an aero wheelset to go with your flash new bike then it would be hard to go past the 2nd top model. Assuming you've decided on this bike, then it effectively gives you a Reynolds 72/90 wheelset for $2500 (regular price $2600) and throws in Dura-Ace upgrade for free.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was disappointed to not see any crank length options on there.
175mm on a medium frame is pretty outdated.
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [MCSLC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MCSLC wrote:
I'm not seeing US prices???

No US prices yet, supposedly some time this year? You can get US$ shown by selecting Mexico as your country.
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [tttiltheend] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ah! thanks

Mike
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [Liaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm fairly certain Canyon allows you to change crank lengths if you ask them. You can certainly change stems and handlebar width on their road bikes.
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [earnstrom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Possibly. I was just going off of their optional extras PDF.
It lists options for stem length and cassette ratio etc, but makes no mention of cranks
Quote Reply

Prev Next