Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? Feb. 22 Edition
Quote | Reply
Tell us about it!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Feb. 22 Edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
goals for this week:
bike 3 times (1 done yesterday)twice, take a day off from running done, swim 4-5 times done
big goal is no eating issues... I binged twice last week :(

5 swims = 13,300 yds
2 bikes = 14 mi (both times doing errands)
6 runs = 54.5 mi

I forgot how food went :P I think I had one bad day.

I fly to Pittsburgh tomorrow for a conference. I am looking forward to the conference, but unsure how much swim time I will have... goal is to keep the run mileage to 55 or under. I will probably run all 7 days. Big goal = no eating issues.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Didn't set goals for last week, but I did get in:

swim x 4
bike x 1 (outside! w00t!)
run x 5
core/strength x 3
and some walking.

This week's goals:
swim x 4
bike x 1
run x 6
core/strength x 4

I'm starting to get my 2016 season planned out, and it's looking like it's going to be a busy year: a few tris, a few trail races (including 1 or 2 ultras), a couple of paddling trips, motorcycle touring through New England, and a couple of backpacking trips.

Last edited by: mistressk: Feb 23, 16 7:59
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was still getting over a cold for the first half of the week, but in the second half I managed two trainer rides, a swim, a weights video, some pre-hab and some yoga, as well as the coup de grace of the whole weekend, a run outside in 61 degrees. In February!!!!!!!!!!! Bonus, I made it 4.25 miles and although my IT band was tender, it didn't give me any real pain. Of course I did the rational thing and immediately started thinking about what spring triathlon I could sign up for.

More of the same this week: I'd like to do 2, maybe 3 swims, 3 trainer rides, 2 runs, and some supplemental weights, yoga and pre-hab. Does it make me a bad person that I'm praying for the blizzard to hit us hard Wednesday night so I don't have to come into work Thursday? This past weekend I blissfully had zero plans, but sadly I do have commitments this coming Saturday day/evening so I'll have to be smart about training earlier.

http://mediocremultisport.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Feb. 22 Edition [Midtown Miles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How is it Thursday already? Did you get your snow-day MM?

My goals last week were: swim x 3, bike x 3, run x 5. I managed 3 x swim/bike and 4 x run and some prehab type stuff. This week I planned out swim x 4, bike x 3 and run x 5. So far I'm on track but it's always Thursday and Friday where my discipline starts to falter.

I didn't make it to the spin class I mentioned. I'm feeling fairly antisocial and we have a lot of travelling coming up so my tendency has become to spend as much time at home as possible.

I hope all The Womens are doing well!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah exactly - Thursday already? wtf?

Last week's plans:
- run 3x - DONE
- skate 5x - DONE and I also coached our kids at a meet on Sunday. K skated, won a race, had 4 new PBs and set 3 club records! And she qualified for provincial champs :-)
- get hand x-rayed - Not done, but did get it checked by doc who said it's a bad joint sprain, and could take up to 8 more weeks.... in the meantime "take Aleve for a few more weeks and keep moving the thumb but not doing too much on the grip..."
- find a physio - In process, waiting for my claim to get approved by Speed Skating Canada for funding the physio (will get approved, just takes a week or so)

This week:
- Run 4x (2 already done)
- Skate 3x (going out of town on w/end so will miss Sat skates)
- Book that physio
- Book our hotel for provincials

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Feb. 22 Edition [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where are provincials? Somewhere fun I hope.

I'm tired & grumpy, but set a goal of 4 hours on the bike (in the basement) per week. Met it last week, but need to get my butt on the bike if I'm going to hit it this week. With the warmer weather & dry sidewalks I'm really missing running. :( Unfortunately, pregnancy & running don't really go together for me so I'll have to stick with outside doggie walking.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Feb. 22 Edition [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yay! Congratulations!
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Feb. 22 Edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Scheherazade wrote:
How is it Thursday already? Did you get your snow-day MM?
Sadly, no.

Not only am I blown away that it's Thursday already, but almost March! WTF!

http://mediocremultisport.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Feb. 22 Edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. It was unplanned but not unwanted. I'm still having trouble adjusting to the idea. My son is almost 4.5, so it's going to be a BIG gap. Had this happened 1-2 years ago (like I had hoped) I think I'd be more on board. I had decided I was okay with one & planning races for this summer....
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Feb. 22 Edition [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not really - in Kamloops (whoopdeedoo). But K will have fun with the other club kids - she would have felt pretty bad if she didn't qualify - I think it gave her extra motivation on Sunday I mean she only needed to take 1 second off her 200m time and she blew that out of the water.... :-)

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply