Prev Next
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does the Qbox fit the IA 16?
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [shredz2000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
shredz2000 wrote:
The easiest way is to add a Shimano JC41 Junction B box and EW50 cable. This will provide up to 40cm in extra length to plug the extension shifters into. My IA10 came with one for the base bar shifters and I added one for the extensions for about $35 for the box and cable.

You can also take the Junction A out of the nosecone and relocate it to the Calpac by drilling a hole in the Calpac by the stem. You can route the extension di2 cables into the stem and out the back with the base bar cables and brake housing then all the di2 cables into the Calpac and into the Junction A. Makes access to derailleur trimming and charging 10 times easier. You will need the extra length from the JC41 and EW50 for both base bar and extension shifters to do this.

We just put everything under the Calpac. A few more screws to remove for charging, but much easier to deal with overall. The nosecone places Junction Box A
in the wrong orientation, too, and makes it difficult to both install and remove. I agree that the JC41 and EW50 are necessary for nosecone installation. 48cm frames don't have a nosecone.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ai_1 wrote:
Very expensive compared to the IA16 at $2999.
An additional $500 for the groupset incl brakes, cockpit, wheels and saddle.

The only thing the frame has going for it is if the fork steerer will come uncut as Dave suggested before - to allow use of conventional 3rd party stems rather than just the Felt Tri155 and the TriRig stems that fit the cut steerer. However the picture shows it with the steerer cut and the Felt stem installed which is confusing. The "Technical Specs" on the website has the stem listed as n/a and I see no mention of steerer length. Perhaps the picture is a bit misleading and it actually comes with a long steerer tube and no stem?
Instead of the IA16, compare the IA10 to every other superbike frameset. How does it compare then?
-SD
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Team_Doc28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pics posted a couple pages back with the Qbox mounted on the IA10 (same frame).

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/..._reply;so=ASC;mh=25;
Last edited by: 7ofClubs: Feb 17, 16 18:43
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SuperDave wrote:
Ai_1 wrote:

The only thing the frame has going for it is if the fork steerer will come uncut as Dave suggested before - to allow use of conventional 3rd party stems rather than just the Felt Tri155 and the TriRig stems that fit the cut steerer. However the picture shows it with the steerer cut and the Felt stem installed which is confusing. The "Technical Specs" on the website has the stem listed as n/a and I see no mention of steerer length. Perhaps the picture is a bit misleading and it actually comes with a long steerer tube and no stem?

Instead of the IA16, compare the IA10 to every other superbike frameset. How does it compare then?
-SD
No complaints about the value of the IAx in general. I definitely think it's better value than the competitors.
Framesets are always very expensive compared to complete bikes and this one is no exception but it's not a criticism of Felt.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [7ofClubs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Qbox is available from Trisports today. How much can it hold? Can it hold all of you flat and emergency repair items?

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! đŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For sure...otherwise it would not be strapped to the back of my bike. I typically carry 2 CO2s, air chuck, levers, and two tubes.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [7ofClubs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
can it hold a spare tubular? Thx
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Jim@EROsports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jim@EROsports wrote:
shredz2000 wrote:
The easiest way is to add a Shimano JC41 Junction B box and EW50 cable. This will provide up to 40cm in extra length to plug the extension shifters into. My IA10 came with one for the base bar shifters and I added one for the extensions for about $35 for the box and cable.

You can also take the Junction A out of the nosecone and relocate it to the Calpac by drilling a hole in the Calpac by the stem. You can route the extension di2 cables into the stem and out the back with the base bar cables and brake housing then all the di2 cables into the Calpac and into the Junction A. Makes access to derailleur trimming and charging 10 times easier. You will need the extra length from the JC41 and EW50 for both base bar and extension shifters to do this.

We just put everything under the Calpac. A few more screws to remove for charging, but much easier to deal with overall. The nosecone places Junction Box A
in the wrong orientation, too, and makes it difficult to both install and remove. I agree that the JC41 and EW50 are necessary for nosecone installation. 48cm frames don't have a nosecone.

Maybe Felt/SuperDave could provide some images/details on how this was envisioned. It seems odd to me that the nosecone option is the intended location, but I would be required to purchase the additional cable to make use of that. My LBS just dropped the whole junction box in the Calpac and I am in the process of rerouting. Same is true for the brake cables, I understand they should go through the stem, again my LBS just ignored that nifty solution. There are good instructions online for the IAx series, but not for the IA1x.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [theKAISER] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
theKAISER wrote:
Jim@EROsports wrote:
shredz2000 wrote:

Maybe Felt/SuperDave could provide some images/details on how this was envisioned. It seems odd to me that the nosecone option is the intended location, but I would be required to purchase the additional cable to make use of that. My LBS just dropped the whole junction box in the Calpac and I am in the process of rerouting. Same is true for the brake cables, I understand they should go through the stem, again my LBS just ignored that nifty solution. There are good instructions online for the IAx series, but not for the IA1x.

I can email you the IA1# supplement. I'd expect it would have been hosted on the Felt site by now.
-SD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What is the Canadian pricing on the IAx lineup?
(Prices in Canadian dollars.)
The Feltwebsite shows the IA 10 frame at $3899.00.
IA 10 bike at $5599.00
IA 14 bike at $4299.00
IA 16 bike at $3599.00

The IA 10 frame cant be more expensive than the IA 16 complete bike? Are some of those prices incorrect or not properly adjusted for the weaker Canadian dollar?
SuperDave wrote:
Ai_1 wrote:

-SD
Last edited by: test: Feb 18, 16 15:42
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [test] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
test wrote:
What is the Canadian pricing on the IAx lineup?
(Prices in Canadian dollars.)
The Feltwebsite shows the IA 10 frame at $3899.00.
IA 10 bike at $5599.00
IA 14 bike at $4299.00
IA 16 bike at $3599.00

The IA 10 frame cant be more expensive than the IA 16 complete bike? Are some of those prices incorrect or not properly adjusted for the weaker Canadian dollar? With an FX rate of about 1.40, it could be worthwhile for Americans to head to Canada if your close to a border.

SuperDave wrote:
Ai_1 wrote:

-SD

*you're
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Removed the bad grammar in its entirety.
I am genuinely curious about the prices here in Canada. Can you confirm whether the website is correct?
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [theKAISER] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't find the brake cables to be a problem at all. Quite easy and very clean, in fact. It's just simply the bike, as supplied, does not allow for the junction box to be installed inside the nose cone. Honestly, under the Calpac is just easier. Every client is given a Torx 8 screwdriver to make life easier. No one is unhappy about it once we show them.

When we put eTap on one, it makes even more sense to place the Blipbox under the Calpac. In fact, we're planning an IA16 with eTap, a TriRig Omega X, and Trimax crank for the same price as an IA10 including fit and half-off aero testing.

I like the idea of the nose cone storage, and I think it will work better once the orientation of the junction box attachment is rotated 180 degrees.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Last edited by: Jim@EROsports: Feb 18, 16 15:48
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
test wrote:
I am genuinely curious about the prices here in Canada. Can you confirm whether the website is correct?

I'm afraid I don't have visibility to the retail prices of every Felt distributor on the planet.
If you'd like to share your email with me I can put you in contact with Spaso, the company who sells Felt's bikes in Canada.

-SD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That would be great stefan[a]tailwindendurance.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SuperDave wrote:
test wrote:

I'm afraid I don't have visibility to the retail prices of every Felt distributor on the planet.
If you'd like to share your email with me I can put you in contact with Spaso, the company who sells Felt's bikes in Canada.

-SD

Fair enough.

I wanted to add that it is pretty awesome that you're on here providing insight into the technical aspect of Felt bikes. It is a great resource.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As I understand it there was some uncertainty due to the volatility of the dollar and volume of frames and bikes able to be delivered. Air, sea, and LCL can affect landed costs.

In short the prices in Canada will be adjusted and I'd expect them to set the IA16 to CND$3599 and IA10 frame set price to $3099.

As there is more unknown than known, do not quote me here. Once the bikes/frames land prices for calendar year 2016 will be finalized unless a wild swing in exchange rates occurs.

Maybe you can hope Trump gets elected and The Northern Exodus begins?

SD

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Dave,

In Canada, or at least where I am (interior BC) we have limited access to Felt retailers. Or at least I have an athlete who is 100% committed to our LBS which doesn't carry Felt.

Can they (the shop) order a one off IA 10 for an athlete?

Maurice
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Team_Doc28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Both the Draftbox and the QBox (size 48/50) on a size 48 IA16. Both at it's lowest point. Will probably need to move up the Qbox a tad bit. Not sure if im going with this setup yet but Qbox wins for me plus the added beacon.

Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [SBR28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBR28 wrote:
Both the Draftbox and the QBox (size 48/50) on a size 48 IA16. Both at it's lowest point. Will probably need to move up the Qbox a tad bit. Not sure if im going with this setup yet but Qbox wins for me plus the added beacon.

QBox looks good on there Wish my IA had the bosses for one : (
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can you please post a link to this document?

Sr. Salitre
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [SBR28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
great pic. Qbox looks way better. So glad I went this route.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:

Just curious what the TriRig AlphaX has advantage wise over the Felt Bayonet 3 basebar that comes on the IAx bikes? I assume more aero with a little more adjustability for fit?
Last edited by: smt: Feb 20, 16 6:42
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [smt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
More aero but less adjustable in terms of extension tilt until Nick comes up with an option for that.
Quote Reply

Prev Next