Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tips for going to cabo
Quote | Reply
Going to cabo next week and was wanting to get some suggestions on places to run and ocean swim. I know that some parts of the ocean are not safe because of rip tides.I do have a pool i can swim in at the resort so if its not safe i will just swim there. Also training for a marathon and need to put in around 50 miles during the week. Any other suggestions on things to do or avoid would be greatly appreciated. Thx
Quote Reply
Re: Tips for going to cabo [12duramax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It all depends on where you're staying. Probably the safest place to run is around the Marina in Cabo San Lucas. There's a nice wide pedestrian path so you only have to dodge oblivious tourists instead of cars. It's probably about 2.5 miles from end to end, but you can extend it to about 3 or 4 miles round trip if you run past the end and on the sidewalk of Paseo de la Marina.

Some of the larger resorts have a decent enough footprint that you can string together a big loop. I usually stay at Esperanza and can do about a 2 mile loop without ever seeing a car. Sheraton is a much bigger resort and you could probably do more.

Next time I head down there, I was thinking of checking out downtown San Jose del Cabo for running routes near the IM course.

As far as swimming goes, the safest/best bet is Chilleno Bay. its reasonably well protected and you can parallel the short and do a nice .5 mile loop or so. As you get closer to the rocks/reef, there's usually some decent fish to help break the monotony. You could also swim at the One and Only Palmilla. The starting point for the IM course is a decent public access beach. But I've found waves there are kind of hit and miss. I've definitely been tossed around by the waves there before. There's also a couple of big rock/coral heads that require you to be a bit aware of navigation if you're paralleling the shore.

Hope that helps.

Nathan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Best fish tacos at georges in todos santos.
Last edited by: fat: Feb 17, 16 4:36
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just got back last night from Cato. We stayed close to San Jose at jaw Marriott. Ran each day on the roads around the resort. An out and back of close to 6 miles with some decent climbs. Repeated the claims a couple of days to add some volume. The jw Marriott is off the beaten path and in a newer upscale residential area so not sure what cabo San Lucas options are like. Saw a good number of cyclists out too.

I never felt unsafe but made sure to stay with friends and very mindful of cars and "exit" routes at all times.

Despite running a decent amount, I sure did add some weight. Damn if I lived there I would weigh 400 pounds. Some wonderful food options.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We will be staying at Grand sol mar very close to the marina so the board walk should be a good option. I've heard good things about the fish tacos can't wait to give them a try. Has anyone gone on a zip line in cabo? I see they have several different options and didn't know if it was worth the time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Had friends that did the zip line last week and loved it.m my wife and I did an atv tour and it was excellent.
Quote Reply
Re: Tips for going to cabo [CBJFan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What company did you use for the atv tour? That sounds like a lot of fun can you ride two to an atv my wife wouldn't be much on driving but she would definitely ride. Thx for the info
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think the company was called epix
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They did have 2 person atv.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My wife and I did the zip line at wild canyon adventures while we were there for the Ironman race. It was pretty good. Recommend not doing it a day after the race though! Wife wanted to do it and she got to schedule everything after the race, I got the schedule for the first 3 days in town!
Quote Reply