Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New NormaTecs? [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the old unit. I can say that during heavy training blocks it has helped a lot. It's not a cheap unit, but I have had it for a couple of years and loved using them every time. I have also had friends come over and see them and ask to try. They all have loved them and didn't want to come out. I hope they come with an adapter for the old unit. I called a month or so ago and they said a lot of old customers were selling theirs and just buying new ones. I would prefer not having to do that. So lets hope for an adapter for the easier traveling unit.
Quote Reply
Re: New NormaTecs? [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
Rappstar wrote:
If you have something that works for you, that's awesome. Or, in your case, two things that work for you. The hard part for me trying to offer advice here is that I'm 99% sure that my experience with NormaTecs will be the same as yours. Our experiences with a TP roller, on the other hand, might be very different. I've certainly had a lot of success with TP stuff as well, though generally more for a specific issue. But I also know plenty of people who have struggled to see results with self-massage tools, whether TP or The Stick or whatever. Part of that is always the "you need to DO x." It's a lot easier to get people to just sit on the couch (maybe not triathletes). And the NormaTec is a much simpler device to direct people how to use.

The boots may not replace the a roller. But I also think that a roller can't replace the boots, which I think was the question here.

Curious for you what pressure setting you use. My current roommate has a pair and I have been using hers.

I typically use the max. Always have. On the old boots, that was 10/10. On the new ones, 7/7. I should probably experiment to see if lower pressures are "better," but I just like the really tight squeeze...

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: New NormaTecs? [njsurfer85] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From what I understand they have no intention to come out with an adaptor. You will need to just upgrade if you want the Pulse for legs. It looks cooler, but seems like the function is the same. I believe that there is an adaptor for the hip and the arm attachment. I don't know why that would not work with the legs though.
Quote Reply

Prev Next