Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ironman Brazil...why so fast?
Quote | Reply
I was looking over some of the times at IM Brazil in May and the times are off the charts fast. Any reason for this? Is the run course short or something?
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Brazil...why so fast? [TRIDAVID2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Flat fast course with lots of drafting
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
drafting...

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shaving is aero.

/pink
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Brazil...why so fast? [Joe Public] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Joe Public wrote:
Shaving is aero.

/pink

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Every year the same stuff. Draft with no penalty. It's a shame.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Aedes aegyptae mosquitos fly in swarms at about 26.4 mph: if you cycle faster, you won't get Zika, dengue, or chikungunya.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Brazil...why so fast? [Joe Public] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Joe Public wrote:
Shaving is aero.

/pink

it took me a few moments to get it... but good one!

Are you ready to do an Ultraman? | How I calculate Ironman race fueling | Strength Training for Athletes |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For you have an idea, below picture is from PRO field

Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Brazil...why so fast? [robgray] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is there a Hollywood IM ?
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Brazil...why so fast? [MTRIB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw this video on Will Clarke's Facebook. This takes drafting to a whole different level. Unbelievable. Guys must've shown up to T2 feeling nicely tapered.

Quote | Reply
Joe Public wrote:
Shaving is aero.

/pink

. It took about 10 minutes and I had already moved on to a different thread then I got it. Funny!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did the race . The PRO's race was very different from amatours. This was the first year with waves to improve the draft situation , but they didn't take care the PRO's race in the same way.

The day was pretty bad, raining from the start until bike finish and a fog on the run ( this was really depressive ).

The pro's had an advantage to start 30 mins earlier and the wind condition was pretty different specially on the second bike lap, also they had a boat to navigate them ( we coulnd't see the nothing in the ocean because of the rain ) and also to help with the strong currents.

I believe Brent did an excepcional race here, he left the group behind at 70km and maybe got some benefict from the motorcycle ahead ( for that , I'm not sure ... I didn't see much of him during the race ) , but he ran like hell.

The others pro were about the average here in Brazil , but they really got some strong draft benefict without any penalty !!!! I believe is not fare to compare Brent and the others in the same package.

Luiz Eng
Quote Reply