Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official power2max support thread [mhepp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you got any other sensors paired that aren't being used?

Calibration takes ages if the 500 is searching for other ANT devices which you aren't there so either disable them or make sure they are nearby.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [JulianM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ahh, this could be it. It is probably looking for the speed sensor (on a different wheel). Will disable and see if that fixes it.

Thanks for the speedy reply! Much appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [Eoin87] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the feedback, I'll certainly pass that along to our engineers.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [JulianM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perfect, beat me to it! ;)
Quote Reply
Post deleted by iswmhamc891 [ In reply to ]
Last edited by: iswmhamc891: Feb 16, 20 9:09
Re: Official power2max support thread [iswmhamc891] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry for the delay! Send us a message at support@power2max.com

FSA makes cranks with removable spiders specifically for us so you'll have a hard time finding them elsewhere. That said, I'd be happy to help you with that.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [Power2maxNA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does the 3d24 spider fit on that agilis crank? ( the newer version)
The pinch bolt on my 3d is on its way out and finding a replacement arm in new Zealand is proving difficult.
Alternatively, is the spider interface different at all between the 110 and 130bcd crankarm. I have seen a few compact sets about but I have a 130bad set. If you could point me toward a spare arm in 170mm that would be great.

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Adam Savage
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [slidecontrol] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, the interface is the same. So long as the axle has a 24mm diameter it's also compatible cross compatible between 110 and 130BCD. If you need a full crank set feel free to contact us, however, if you just need a single arm you'll need to contact Rotor.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the info. I now have a few options to get this fixed before IMNZ. If possible, could you pm me a price on a set of arms?
Thanks again for your help

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Adam Savage
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [power2max] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi

I've been using the P2M for about 4 months and so far i've been very satisfied. Allthough i've been wondering why my wattage has been so low (it's my first powermeter). I'm a fit triathlete who's been training for about one and a half year. My latest 20 minute FTP was silly 266 watts. My friend who's been injured for the last 6 months with a broken femur did 294 watts on his stages on his first FTP test after his injury.
My questions:
Is it possible to reset the P2M? or somehow test if it's the correct data?

Greetings ARudbeck
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [ARudbeck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
See the fine documentation at:
http://www.power2max.com/...america/support/faq/
``The power values on my Power2max seem low compared to other power meters I use. Do I need to send the unit in for calibration?''
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ARudbeck wrote:
Hi

I've been using the P2M for about 4 months and so far i've been very satisfied. Allthough i've been wondering why my wattage has been so low (it's my first powermeter). I'm a fit triathlete who's been training for about one and a half year. My latest 20 minute FTP was silly 266 watts. My friend who's been injured for the last 6 months with a broken femur did 294 watts on his stages on his first FTP test after his injury.
My questions:

Greetings ARudbeck

You can't reset it yourself, but you can test it by hanging a large weight off the crank arm and seeing how much the calibration value changes. P2max don't recommend it, maybe because it would show when the meters have drifted, but is does work very well as long as you use a large enough weight, 20kg is about right. Details on the test and maths you need here somewhere down the page

http://jibbering.com/...ower2max-review.html

I used it to workout that my unit had drifted 3.5%, P2Max denied the test was accurate enough, but I sent in the unit for calibration anyway and when it comes back it's back within 1% and tracking well with my powertap.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [MrSkinny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MrSkinny wrote:
See the fine documentation at:
http://www.power2max.com/...america/support/faq/
``The power values on my Power2max seem low compared to other power meters I use. Do I need to send the unit in for calibration?''

Thank you MrSkinny!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tried a search of this thread regarding left vs right balance. P2M offer this software update as a service item. Which powermeters come with this software update already? I have a 2014 P2M Type-S Rotor 3D24 spider only.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [JerseyBigfoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your meter already reports L/R balance, but it's of limited value because the L and R power outputs are not measured independently.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [rijndael] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought it did - I was confused by the update service. Thanks for confirmation.

I don't have an L/R balance head unit so it's largely academic... Would be interested in a Bluetooth upgrade service, or dual ANT+/BT update. I'm guessing that's essentially a redesign and new model. Type S has worked flawlessly so far. Would be happy to stick with P2M.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [JerseyBigfoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi! Currently I have a Rtotor 3D24 P2M Classic in 50/34 variant with Praxis chainrings. I was wondering if I can use it with 36/46 for CX. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [Deathwish86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can indeed! We actually just had a rider at Jr. Worlds with that same setup.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ARudbeck wrote:
Hi

My questions:

Greetings ARudbeck

You've only been training a year and a half, and you consider 266 to be a silly ftp?
What are your typical bike times in your triathlon races?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's much more likely that your friend's stages is reading inaccurately than your P2M. If his right leg was the one that was broken then he could easily be favoring the left. Since stages simply doubles the left power it could easily be 10-20% high coming off an injury like that.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [cobra_kai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi power2max wondering if you can help me out. Looking into powemeter for a 2005 orbea mitis road bike, which one of your models would be compatabile with this bike? The bike has FSA gossamer crank arms, and fsa chainrings. Thats all i know about it? I see on your website there is a bunch of different models and i have no idea which one i should be looking for if i was to chose one of your powemeters
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [Bone crusher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To anyone who knows the answer:

I'm recovering from arthroscopic hip surgery and shopping PM's to use as both a rehab tool and later for training. So, I'm thinking about purchasing a P2Max unit but am wondering about the L/R power estimation output. I use a Suunto 2S as a head unit on the road and either the same or Trainer Road software when on the trainer. To my knowledge neither displays L/R power balance.

My question is this: is there a way to review L/R power balance post ride if your head unit doesn't display it? (my gut says no...)
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [kcarri07] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you really care about L/R balance data, you're looking at the wrong power meter. You should be looking at something that measures the L and R independently, like a PowerTap P1.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [rijndael] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 Point taken on - but I'm not convinced the P1 pedals are worth the nearly double price tag when compared to the multiple options in the $500-600 range.

Right now I’m trying to find on a non-wheel based PM that is $700 or less. I realize that limits my options, but I don’t have endless finances. I also would like something that has a reasonable chance of being compatible with future bike purchases. Long story short, I may be moving to Africa – in which case I’d be doing a lot of work on the trainer and a bit of outdoor riding (on a cyclecross bike?).

Thus, the Stages PM has appeal with its relative ease to transfer bikes. Not so much with a P2Max PM… but P2max gives the total power, and an estimation of L/R balance. With Stages I could train most of the year on a stationary trainer in Africa, leave my tri bike in the US, and then before flying back to the states for a race (and RNR) snag the PM and put it back on the tri bike.

That’s where I’m at, feel free to critique to your heart’s content.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [kcarri07] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kcarri07 wrote:
I also would like something that has a reasonable chance of being compatible with future bike purchases. .

If this is what you are looking for, get a 105 or Ultegra stages. Shimano cranks will work on 99.9% of bike frames out there. Frame manufacturers for the most part, will design frames to be compatible with Shimano cranks.
Quote Reply

Prev Next