Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [alex_korr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's really like you are buying the frame and aerobar and they are throwing the rest in for free. I was very serious about getting a Dimond right before I saw the IA16 release on ST. That frame is $4000 and there are plenty that cost more.

Get one, put the e-tap on it and ride fast!

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How much will the IA10 frames go for? I was under impression that IA10/14/16 are all the same frame with different components, no?

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The frame being $4000 - is this a published price? I'd imagine the bare frame going for maybe $2200-$2300 based on IA16 being priced at $3k as a complete bike.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No, the Dimond frame is $4000. I wrote that with the IA16 being $3000, it's like you are paying for the frame, fork, rear brake and aerobar and they are throwing all the other stuff in for free.

For free stuff, it's pretty good stuff!

''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got you!

Yep, the components outside of the Prologo seat, the cables, the brake levers and the shifters are pretty much headed for eBay one way or the other. The frame looks frigging awesome.

Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
Hi Dave, thanks for being so helpful in all of these threads.

I'm seriously thinking of picking up an IA16 but have a few questions:
1. Are the dropouts aluminum?
2. Are the logos on the frame (circled in pic below) removeable decals or are they paint? If they are decals, can I remove them without voiding the warranty?
3. I'm thinking of moving the Di2 over from my existing bike. Where would the battery go in the frame? I would run a TriRig Sigma stem so junction box A would reside in the stem. I assume junction box B just kinda sits in the frame somewhere above the bottom bracket?

1. Yes, the dropouts are aluminum "core" that are co-molded in carbon.
2. They are water slide transfer decals applied under the clear coat. Frame refinishing voids the warranty.
3. The Battery is installed behind the seat tube on the "BatPac which is also the front derailleur cable stop for mechanically shifted bikes. This is the same as our IA FRD, IA2, IA10. Same part, same shape. You can also use the Di2 battery hanger designed for the AR bicycles if you'd prefer to hang the battery from the seat post clamp. The junction resides inside the head tube now in the trap door on the front of the "nose cone" of the frame. You'll need a couple Junction B to get the wire lengths needed to get the cockpit fully routed internally. At least one in the cockpit and one in the seat tube for optimal routing.

-SD

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
so i came home and checked, and obviously youre right..

but i always thought it was a vinyl sticker, as it reallt feels like it when you transfer from gloss to matte clear, but there is no ridge to speak of there... well done
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
alex_korr wrote:
How much will the IA10 frames go for? I was under impression that IA10/14/16 are all the same frame with different components, no?

I do not set prices for all of our global markets but based on the costs I am aware of I expect the IA10 to sell for $2750-2899 depending on a few variables I cannot see.
-SD

Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
Quick question: are we locked into the stock stem with the IA 16? Any reason I couldn't use a standard 31.8 stem or one of TriRig's Sigma stems? I'm seriously considering the new IA 16 with an Omega front brake, Sigma stem, and 3T's new aero bars.

You have only ~29mm of exposed steerer tube to work with above the compression ring of the top bearing of the headset. There's also limited room because of the recess the stem tucks into.

TriRig seems to work although I haven't seen their stem nor done any ISO and/or fatigue testing of the clamp with our steerer.

SD

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Interesting. Why would it make sense to buy the frameset if for only $100-$250 more you could get a complete IA16 bike? Is there a difference in the frames of IA10 and IA16? The specs on your website show no such thing....

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Most main brands seem to have this same pricing structure making framesets not really worthwhile when you can pay a little bit more and then sell off all the parts you don't want. Giant for example sell TCR Advanced Sl framesets for $3,500, but for $4,100 you can get that frame with a full Ultegra grouppo and carbon wheels
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a fit question on the IA-16. I can't seem to decide if the stack and reach will fit me or not. My current fit coordinates (from a Retul fit) are:

BB to top of pad 713mm
BB horizontal to back of the pad 436mm
Frame stack 564mm
Frame reach 443mm
Tip of saddle reach 437mm
Arm pad drop -39mm
Seat tube angle 80degrees

(I have other coordinates that I don't know if would help or not)

It looks like the IA 16 58cm would fit me, but I'm not sure. I'll have to travel to find a felt dealer who deals in TT bikes, so before I go on a trip, I'd like to be sure (or reasonably sure).
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [javman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That looks all wrong.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Two dumb questions

what's the name and size of the tool I need to open the Di2 junction box? The rubber strips for the cutout in the seatpost - should I put them in and what's the point of the cutout?
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [IronStork] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
get a set of allen keys, a nice quality set

also the seat post seat is needed, otherwise any rain will end up in your frame... the slots are there to allow you to adjust the inside out seatpost
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [IronStork] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IronStork wrote:
Two dumb questions

what's the name and size of the tool I need to open the Di2 junction box? The rubber strips for the cutout in the seatpost - should I put them in and what's the point of the cutout?

It is a torx fastener, I think a T9 size.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just ordered my IA16 today!!! So excited, can't wait!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Dave,

In Canada we have a local LBS which is a great shop…but doesn't deal in Felt. Does Felt do 1 time retail sales to individual shops or do they have to go to a dealer?

The closest Felt dealer is in Vancouver.

Thanks,
Maurice
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [roy utah] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
roy utah wrote:
Just ordered my IA16 today!!! So excited, can't wait!!!

I'm with you. My IA16 is in transit and it will arrive at the shop on Wednesday. With the price of this bike I was able to order a Zipp Vuka Aero bar with Vuka Alumia 110 extensions.

I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve!!!!

Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [ilsapproach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ilsapproach wrote:
I have a fit question on the IA-16. I can't seem to decide if the stack and reach will fit me or not. My current fit coordinates (from a Retul fit) are:

BB to top of pad 713mm
BB horizontal to back of the pad 436mm
Frame stack 564mm
Frame reach 443mm
Tip of saddle reach 437mm
Arm pad drop -39mm
Seat tube angle 80degrees

(I have other coordinates that I don't know if would help or not)

It looks like the IA 16 58cm would fit me, but I'm not sure. I'll have to travel to find a felt dealer who deals in TT bikes, so before I go on a trip, I'd like to be sure (or reasonably sure).
Those numbers aren't right. If you'd like you can email me or PM me you fit data and I can take a better look. You should have body geometry measurements and hopefully some pictures as well.

That armpad drop is suspect for someone your size (may be a bad fit) and the frame stack to pad stack shows 15 cm. For reference, we use a Profile Design Prosvet base bar and T2+ extensions on our fit bike (Retul Muve), as well as a 90 mm stem pitched at -7 degrees. The delta between the armpad stack and frame stack is around 11 cm for our configuration - a full 4 cm of difference between what you fit records.

I'm not saying you definitely got a crappy fit, I'm just saying there are a few warning signs from the fit coordinates you've provided.

Trent Nix
Owned and operated Tri Shop
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Last edited by: trentnix: Feb 7, 16 10:13
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [trentnix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! PM sent.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SD - Thank you for these consistent updates. One thing I haven't seen on here yet. My wife just got the IA10 and is super excited about it. When picking it up after her fitting at the LBS, they mechanic and fitter recommended keeping the battery junction box cover off of the bike. They said that the Torx t9 screw is easily stripped and will become a problem after multiple removal attempts for charging purposes. Without the cover on: 1. The front end doesn't look as clean. 2. The junction box cables rub a little with the brake cable 3. Worried about liquid and debris getting into the opening. When we put the cover back on, we could tell that one of the screws was already pretty stripped. Is this a known issue or is this something the LBS should deal with considering it's a brand new bike?
Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Pflughound] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
While I'm not a particular fan of the T9 screws, I find that advice completely bizarre. You can purchase a T9 screwdriver for under $10 which makes removal and installation quite easy without stripping the screws, and the bike should have come with a handful of extra screws just in case.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SuperDave wrote:
GreenPlease wrote:
Quick question: are we locked into the stock stem with the IA 16? Any reason I couldn't use a standard 31.8 stem or one of TriRig's Sigma stems? I'm seriously considering the new IA 16 with an Omega front brake, Sigma stem, and 3T's new aero bars.

You have only ~29mm of exposed steerer tube to work with above the compression ring of the top bearing of the headset. There's also limited room because of the recess the stem tucks into.

TriRig seems to work although I haven't seen their stem nor done any ISO and/or fatigue testing of the clamp with our steerer.

SD

Dave, speaking about the stem, can you clear something up for me? I've seen it reffered to in this thread (or maybe in one of the reviews) as a 90 mm + 6* stem. I realize that either way you put a 6* stem it will have a rise, but looking at the pictures:

It looks to me like it is in the -6* position. Am I correct?

I bring this up because I'm ordering a Zipp Vuka Aero to be installed with my size 56 IA16 looking for a 627 mm pad stack. The bike and the bar will arrive at the shop tomorrow. When I was fit for the bike last week, the fitter thought I had plenty of stack space on a 56.

Sunday I started messing with the Zipp Vuka Fit app. I was using a +6* stem and it was getting pretty tight. Using -6 this morning, it all looks good again.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sweeney wrote:
SuperDave wrote:
GreenPlease wrote:

SD

Dave, speaking about the stem, can you clear something up for me? I've seen it reffered to in this thread (or maybe in one of the reviews) as a 90 mm + 6* stem. I realize that either way you put a 6* stem it will have a rise, but looking at the pictures:

It looks to me like it is in the -6* position. Am I correct?

I bring this up because I'm ordering a Zipp Vuka Aero to be installed with my size 56 IA16 looking for a 627 mm pad stack. The bike and the bar will arrive at the shop tomorrow. When I was fit for the bike last week, the fitter thought I had plenty of stack space on a 56.

Sunday I started messing with the Zipp Vuka Fit app. I was using a +6* stem and it was getting pretty tight. Using -6 this morning, it all looks good again.
How does the Vuka compare with the stock Bayonet 3 cockpit in terms of pad stack measured from the basebar centre to pad?
IIRC, my rough measurement gave me 628mm pad stack on a size 56 with the stock bar, and pads in lowest position without mounting below the bars. There may be a couple of millimetres error in that measurement but if the Vuka gives a similar rise from the bar centre to pad then you're going to be very close to your required height straight off. If it's greater or less than the Bayonet 3 rise then you'll end up too high or needing some pad spacers respectively.
Quote Reply

Prev Next