Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you. I'm going to get fit and order a 16 on Tuesday

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SuperDave wrote:
Tektro R312 front and T750 rear direct mount.
Cheap, effective, and inboard left-side powermeter friendly.
-SD

Will there be an option to swap out for this rear break if we already purchased an IAx?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dear Superdave,

Is there a good option for under mounting the extensions on the Felt IAx?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [The Sloth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is up to your retailer.

Dave

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Gjadams] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, the stock Bayonet3 bars can be set up this way

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Picture? ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dave, on the subject of the Bayonet3 bar. There was a recent thread about customers not getting the spare parts to their aerobars when they get set up on new bikes. What parts should we get with the new IA16? Risers, bolts, etc?

Thanks, I'm going to a shop where I don't know them and don't know what to expect.

''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you happen to have a photo or link to the manual on how to do this? I'm wondering if it takes some parts that I didn't get with my bike when I picked it up. This is for the IA10 with the alloy bar. Thanks!
Last edited by: Gjadams: Jan 31, 16 7:27
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [7ofClubs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
***Opinion Please***

Not to slight the folks that went with the Bontrager draftbox but I did not care for how it did not align with the top tube. I was looking at the new QR PRSix and noticed their version of the draft box could be purchased separately. So I ordered one to see how it would look and to post on here for others thinking the same thing. While I like the box itself I am not sure I care for the bottom indention where it would hug the PRSix frame. When I ordered it I hoped I could modify the box so it would end at the indention, unfortunately, there is a release lever that spans the length on the frame side that will keep that from happening.

Note: the electrical tape is there for the sole purpose covering the price tag and the green Quintana Roo. If I keep it I will cut a piece of matte black vinyl to cover the entire side.

For folks in the know....Will Felt or XLab be offering something? If QR has one why in the heck are there not more. Also, Ceepo does not currently offer theirs as a separate purchase.
Last edited by: 7ofClubs: Feb 1, 16 6:54
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What is the difference in the wheels between the TTR3 and TTR4 wheels?

A question for anyone with some knowledge on this. I purchased the IA 10 (waiting for it to come in) should I swap out the bars and put on my current bars Zipp Vuka base with carbon extensions? Or are the bars on the Felt adequate to use? Not sure what the weight is on the Felt bars or how aero they are?

Also, looking to put on P2Max crank on the bike, any suggestions on what type to get? Will a FSA or Rotor crank work with the vision bb that comes with the bike? I am assuming I could just use the chain rings that come with the bike with another crank since they will all be 110bcd. I am considering either Rotor or FSA.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What size is your frame? Looks like the bottles would be tricky to get in and out of the cages.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Mcluvin22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Size 54. Go back a couple pages. I outline with pics the regular and side load cages. So far the Arundels have been awesome.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For me the felt bars are adequate. If you don't like them after trying them swap them out.

The IA10 comes stock with a BB30 crank and bb. I could be wrong but I think the FSA power2max options would need a different bb or an adaptor to work in a BB30 frame. I think the Rotor 3D+ might work, but I would check with power2max or rotor to see if it is adrop in replacement for the stock BB30 frame.

I swapped the stock crank on my IA10 with a BB30 Quarq Riken AL. It works fine with the stock bb. I also moved over the stock big ring. I swapped the 38 inner ring for a 36 which suits me better for hillier rides. I may end up going 50/34 at some point, but for now 52/36 works fine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quick question: on the IA 1, let's say I was braking down the bike for travel... could I pull the front brake wedge so that I would have more room to position the handlebar in my case? Also, any thoughts on using something like the Magura RT8 for a rear brake on the IA 10/14/16 and TriRig Omega for the front brake? The idea would be to pull the wedge on the omega and have extra hydraulic hose slack in the frame so that the base bar/stem could be easily maneuvered and positioned inside of a travel case. I have a complex about this :)
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
Quick question: on the IA 1, let's say I was braking down the bike for travel... could I pull the front brake wedge so that I would have more room to position the handlebar in my case? Also, any thoughts on using something like the Magura RT8 for a rear brake on the IA 10/14/16 and TriRig Omega for the front brake? The idea would be to pull the wedge on the omega and have extra hydraulic hose slack in the frame so that the base bar/stem could be easily maneuvered and positioned inside of a travel case. I have a complex about this :)
Yes, you can leave the wire anchored to the slider on the brake and simply slide it out of the track. Removing the brake arch on the front makes this easier.
A hydro rear brake and a mechanical front with grossly different modulation wouldn't be my first choice. On the IA-x you can just remove the brake from the fork altogether with the M6 fixing nut from the backside. You needn't use a hydro rear brake for the cockpit, you could have a housing splitter or just detach the rear brake wire.

I may not be the best guy to ask this as I'm quite familar with bike parts in general and the IA specifically. It isn't intimidating to me. On the other hand, put me 1/2 away from shore in open water and I am the sum of your fears.

-SD

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Qbox looks like it fits better than the Draftbox. How does it match up for width? What size is your frame and what size Qbox did you get?

thanks

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mcluvin22 wrote:
What is the difference in the wheels between the TTR3 and TTR4 wheels?

A question for anyone with some knowledge on this. I purchased the IA 10 (waiting for it to come in) should I swap out the bars and put on my current bars Zipp Vuka base with carbon extensions? Or are the bars on the Felt adequate to use? Not sure what the weight is on the Felt bars or how aero they are?

Also, looking to put on P2Max crank on the bike, any suggestions on what type to get? Will a FSA or Rotor crank work with the vision bb that comes with the bike? I am assuming I could just use the chain rings that come with the bike with another crank since they will all be 110bcd. I am considering either Rotor or FSA.

I just installed P2Max Rotor 3D+ on the IA10 straight forward. I don't know if your FSA chainrings will work with the P2Max. You can ask P2Max people - they are very responsive.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am going to buy a IA16 in the next few days, Trying to figure out what size frame to get. I did a GURU fit a couple months ago that has me on a 56 with a 90mm stem at 6 degree and 35mm of spacers, when I plug in my stack reach measurements into the Felt Fit Calculator it has 3 recommendations ( see below)
56 with carbon aerobars +5 with reach 2mm
54 with alloy bars +20 with reach 20mm
54 carbon aerobar +20+bridge +5 with reach 20mm

my pad reach is 490, Pad stack is 627 and seat height is 727 (according to the guru)
I am 6 foot 1 inch, any help would be appreciated, just dont want to get he wrong size frame. and all the numbers have my head spinning, am I overthinking it and the 56 is right for me?
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [JustTooFarr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where did you find the IA fit calculator. I'm going to the shop to me fit and place my order tomorrow. I'd like to see what Felt has to say before I go.

Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://www.feltbicycles.com/USA/Single-Nav/Inside-Felt/Resources/Bike-Sizing.aspx
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [JustTooFarr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JustTooFarr wrote:
I am going to buy a IA16 in the next few days, Trying to figure out what size frame to get. I did a GURU fit a couple months ago that has me on a 56 with a 90mm stem at 6 degree and 35mm of spacers, when I plug in my stack reach measurements into the Felt Fit Calculator it has 3 recommendations ( see below)
56 with carbon aerobars +5 with reach 2mm
54 with alloy bars +20 with reach 20mm
54 carbon aerobar +20+bridge +5 with reach 20mm

my pad reach is 490, Pad stack is 627 and seat height is 727 (according to the guru)
I am 6 foot 1 inch, any help would be appreciated, just dont want to get he wrong size frame. and all the numbers have my head spinning, am I overthinking it and the 56 is right for me?
The calculator is for the original IA with slightly different geometry and different aerobar.

From my rough measurements from my size 56 IA14 - a pad stack of 627 is almost exactly what you end up with if you use no spacers. I measured it as 628mm to the lowest point of the armrest upper surface not including the padding (not a precision measurement so there could be a few mm error). I think you can get about 15mm lower by mounting the extensions below the bar. Dave is going to let us know how that should be done, I suspect I know but it's not entirely obvious. So if I'm not mistaken, the lowest you can get the armrest (excluding pad) is around 610-615mm. I'm relatively new to riding on extensions and at the moment I'm riding 645mm pad stack, I think I'm going to switch my IA14 for a size 54 so that I have scope to drop lower if I manage to adapt to a lower position. If you might want to go lower in future the same may apply but if you're confident in the 625mm measurement a 56 may be perfect! Pad reach should be fine. I sassume that's 490mm to middle of pad? ......I presume SuperDave will chime in if I've got any of that wrong!!!
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So where's the $1000 in price difference between the IA14 and IA16? As best as I can figure there's maybe $2-300 difference in the cost of the parts that are different.

The IA16 looks to be a great value.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [RussTKD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RussTKD wrote:
So where's the $1000 in price difference between the IA14 and IA16? As best as I can figure there's maybe $2-300 difference in the cost of the parts that are different.

The IA16 looks to be a great value.
I don't suppose you intended to pose this question specifically to me?
I haven't really done a comparison myself but I do think the IA16 is the best value of the IAs. It's still all perfectly decent equipment gear.
The brakes, chainset, derailleurs and wheels are all lower spec on the IA16. I suspect the difference (at least in terms of RRP) is over $200-300 but I agree it's hard to spot the $1000 difference straight off.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Funny thing; I have Ultegra front and rear deraileurs in my shop from my planned new bike build. If I thought it was worth it, I cold switch them out when i get the IA16. I don't think it is at all. I'll send them back.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If anyone buying the IA16 wants the front brake and seat from the IA10 let me know. They are new take offs and collecting dust on the shelf.
Quote Reply

Prev Next