Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New Canyon on their website [gibson00] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There's a piece on road.cc with commentary from Canyon about their fulfilment issues. Looks like a perfect storm of new software, bad migration to that software, and a change in manufacturing partners.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [david222] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From the main Canyon web page click on "triathlon" tab. I see a pic of the new bike and "Available to order from February"

I'm viewing the website from the UK where I'm based
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [mongooseman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mongooseman wrote:
There's a piece on road.cc with commentary from Canyon about their fulfilment issues. Looks like a perfect storm of new software, bad migration to that software, and a change in manufacturing partners.

Here is the link for those interested:

http://road.cc/...ism-over-late-orders

Pain is temporary.
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [joelcox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep. The business systems lesson here is don't change too many things at once. Just like a bike fit, change one thing at a time. Otherwise, the cascading failures become so complex, nobody knows where the real problem is anymore and people start getting fired. Oof.

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [ZenTriBrett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Updated info now on their site...

The new Speedmax CF SLX, as well as all the various equipment options, will be available to order from the beginning of February, 2016. We will begin assembly in April, with delivery dates beginning in the same month.

Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
Last edited by: ZenTriBrett: Jan 13, 16 11:41
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ZenTriBrett wrote:

The new Speedmax CF SLX, as well as all the various equipment options, will be available to order from the beginning of February, 2016. We will begin assembly in April, with delivery dates beginning in the same month.

I had hoped they would have released the different models and pricing by now. It's a bummer they keep moving the shipping date, but I can understand that these issues pop up when opening up a new manufacturing line. That doesn't prevent them from releasing pricing, though.

Pain is temporary.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is there any way to get this bike if you're in Canada or the US?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
New info on their website..

The new Speedmax CF SLX, as well as all the various equipment options, will be available to order from the beginning of March, 2016. We will begin assembly in April, with delivery dates beginning in the same month.

ZenTriBrett wrote:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Un-freakin-believable
From December to January to February to March now. Why is it so difficult to at least put some prices on the website?
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [Deathwish86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Deathwish86 wrote:
Un-freakin-believable
From December to January to February to March now. Why is it so difficult to at least put some prices on the website?

This is all very standard in dealing with Canyon. Even if the bikes will be up in March, chances are it will be a lot more months before they start shipping. Same story with the introduction of other new models. Some people who have ordered in November have delivery dates in May or later. Sure some ppl get their bikes on time, but it's no guarantee. And the reason is not their new factory or new software, they were pulling these shenanigans before all of that already.
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [snaaijert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I really want this bike but the constant delays are rather unsettling. Surely they have settled on prices and builds already. We might be waiting for no reason if they are too expensive. At least give us that.

I was ready to click buy in December....then January....the February.... and then this morning when I went onto their site and saw they had sneakily changed the month to March I was beyond annoyed.

You have to wonder if anyone will even get to race the new Speedmax this season, at the moment I am thinking not.
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [Pax1980] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FFS they are really taking the piss now

I've been waiting to buy since November ready for the new season. I've got a Canyon road bike which was delivered in 4 weeks from time of ordering and have been really happy with it.

Fuck them if they can't even put a price out there and geometry specs I'm going to get something else, thinking Felt
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [dah5609] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A fit chart, price, and spec sheet sure would make the wait more tolerable. Not having those makes people look elsewhere. Why wait when you don't even know what you're waiting for

Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [Pax1980] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pax1980 wrote:
I really want this bike but the constant delays are rather unsettling. Surely they have settled on prices and builds already. We might be waiting for no reason if they are too expensive. At least give us that.

I was ready to click buy in December....then January....the February.... and then this morning when I went onto their site and saw they had sneakily changed the month to March I was beyond annoyed.

You have to wonder if anyone will even get to race the new Speedmax this season, at the moment I am thinking not.

Part of me thinks they're working out pricing in SRAM eTap equiped bikes. But probably its just Canyon being Canyon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Indeed. If you're going to wait until May or even June, why not wait for the new Cervelo - which will arrive whenever they say it will.

Edit:
This probably isn't a representative sample, but it does seem like a large number of customers are upset by the delays and their difficulties in accessing customer service:
https://twitter.com/Canyon_Delays

'It never gets easier, you just get crazier.'
Last edited by: georged: Jan 27, 16 15:33
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [georged] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
georged wrote:
Indeed. If you're going to wait until May or even June, why not wait for the new Cervelo - which will arrive whenever they say it will.

Edit:
This probably isn't a representative sample, but it does seem like a large number of customers are upset by the delays and their difficulties in accessing customer service:
https://twitter.com/Canyon_Delays

I seem to remember a lot of initial delays on the delivery of the P5 and P4 when they were announced, so that might not be as true as you think
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I reached out to Canyon on Twitter asking for this information. Hopefully some more info coming today. Fingers crossed.

https://twitter.com/...s/692398398016733189

Pain is temporary.
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [georged] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
georged wrote:

I put an order in for the then just announced P5 around February 1st, 2012. I got it in late March... 2013.

It seems to be quite normal in the bike world unfortunately. If I was waiting for the new Canyon I wouldn't hold my breath for racing it anytime in the first half of the year. You might be lucky, but you might not. One thing is they start shipping the bikes come March/April, but will they also ship in your size? In your configuration? Not releasing any fit data is pretty unprofessional, though - unless they are still changing parts that influence this, in which case they are not likely to have anything in the customer's hands within the next few months.

I'm personally waiting for the announcement of the P6 that should come in about a month. But even if I put an order in right away I'm not holding much hope I will be able to race on it this season. I'll continue racing on my P5 and the P6 will come whenever it comes.
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [MTM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just got this email from Canyon. It is in Dutch but don't have time to translate now, think you will get it :)

The information below you can also find in this link: https://media.canyon.com/...rodFlyer_2016_UK.pdf

Bedankt voor je bericht.

De levering van de Speedmax is inderdaad weer uitgesteld naar aanleiding van de problemen die we hebben gehad nadat de overstap is gemaakt naar een andere IT structuur. De uitgestelde lancering heeft echter geen invloed op de levertermijn van de eerste productiebatch. De verwachting is dat deze in april wordt geleverd.

Op dit moment zijn de prijzen nog niet bekend, maar de volgende uitvoeringen van de Speedmax zijn vanaf maart bestelbaar:

• Speedmax CF SLX 8.0
- Shimano Ultegra Di2, 11s
- DT SWISS R32 Spline
- Canyon H26 CF Basebar Flat
- Fizik Arizone K5 (zadel)

• Speedmax CF SLX 9.0
- Shimano Ultegra Di2, 11s
- Reynolds Strike Carbon Cilinder

• Speedmax CF SLX 9.0 PRO
- Shimano Dura-Ace Di2, 11s
- Reynolds 72/90 Aero Carbon Cilinder

• Speedmax SLX 9.0 SL
- Shimano Ultegra DI2, 11s Dura-Ace Di2,11s
- Zipp 404/808 Carbon Clincher
- Fizik Arizone K3 (zadel)

• Speedmax SLX 9.0 LTD
- Shimano Dura-Ace Di2,11s
- Zipp 808 Carbon Clincher
- Fizik Arizone K3 (zadel)

Nadat je een bestelling hebt geplaatst voor deze bike nemen we contact met je op zodat jouw bike in de fabriek geheel naar je lichaamsmaten wordt geassembleerd.

Hartelijke groet,

Het Canyon Bicycles Team
Last edited by: david222: Jan 28, 16 8:26
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did someone check Canyon site ? Says available for order in March now ...
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [charlot12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No stack and reach chart, no buy! (Prices would help, too. Just sayin'.)

Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [Liaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Granted I'm a newb to the sport, but I'd rather finish 2 minutes later perched on one of these than 2 minutes faster perched on a Shiv or 4 minutes faster perched on a p5. It's beautiful. I feel like I'd hang that on my wall when not riding it. Any updates on when canyon is entering into USA distribution? I heard December 2015 but then got pushed back, but they also talked about like it was a done deal back in 2011 and that didn't happen. I'm in the market but only willing to hold out for so long...
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [tdavey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Should coincide with the release of that bike. Should.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How can they still not have a pricing structure? That doesn't make me hopeful of a March order date being realistic
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [Liaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just got a fresh copy of the Dutch triathlon union's magazine with a one-page ad for the Speedmax, "available now".

Pain is temporary.
Quote Reply

Prev Next